In ECKankar Paid Membership Fees = Initiations

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
      I agree, a red flag should have come up when ECKists
      were told that they have to pay an annual fee in order
      to Not Only be eligible for initiation, BUT to also hold
      onto those initiations they have already been given.

      What doesn't make sense is that EK Initiations are
      supposed to be both outer and inner. Thus, a Fifth,
      Sixth, or Seventh Initiate receives two stages of the
      initiation on the Inner (just as Ninths do) while the
      third and final stage is the confirmation on the outer.

      Why then must an ECKist pay or renew their "annual"
      membership donation/fee in order to "maintain" the
      initiation they were given? Why does it all come down
      to money? Shouldn't the Higher EK Initiations, supposedly,
      exist beyond the influence of lower world religious
      and business rules and requirements? Why aren't ECKists
      realizing that this is proof that Klemp is Not who or
      what he claims to be!

      Prometheus

      Non ekster wrote:
      Just like eckankar, devoid of any real substance, full of cliches and
      meaningless hype. Yes Prometheus, it is very unpleasant, I agree,
      to have endured this Cult. Fortunately, we have survived. Unfortunate
      though that those who hang on to this LIE called eckankar, still act
      "as If" they can convince a few unsuspecting people to join up.

      > Perhaps the worst of the lies is that you cannot experience any
      meaningful Spiritual Growth without being a member of eckankar
      and most of all paying your Membership fees. (NOT) That should be
      the biggest Red Flag of them all. The only person benefiting is the
      Cheif Eksecutive OFFicer $ (LEM/M), Klemp.

      Non ekster ; )

      prometheus wrote:

      > > "Watching Ek – The Power of One is like surviving
      > > a powerful and unpleasant bolt from a distant past."
      > >
      > > Hello Non Ekster,
      > > The above quote is taken from the below site you
      > > posted. I must say that in retrospect to the bullshit
      > > of ECKankar that it too, the hierarchy and hypocrisy,
      > > was unpleasant for us survivors. Also, the only power
      > > Klemp, as the M/LEM, ever had was what we gave
      > > him via our imaginations and our attachment to desires.
      > > What helped us to stay as long as we did was a constant
      > > expectation for more initiations, our blind trust, and
      > > a certain amount of passivity to change and moving
      > > on as our own Power!
      > >
      > > Prometheus
      > >
      > > Non ekster wrote:
      > >
      > > Bollywood B Movie. Interesting title from India.
      > > Certainly is not a movie about eckankar. Ha! LOL

      http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/ek---the-power-of-one---movie-review\
      \
      .html
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2009
        I'd like to tweak what I had previously stated.
        The 5th and 6th Initiates (H.I.s) have to jump
        through the hoops of HK's RESA org. and pecking
        order in order to be "eligible" for that next
        initiation.

        This not only includes updates on Arahata
        training, but also includes attending a required
        book discussion on the H.I. Leadership Book
        and on the H.I. Leadership Workbook.

        And, there are other special requirements/
        trainings for those wanting to become Clerics,
        Initiators, and ECK Spiritual Aids (ESAs) in
        order to gain those coveted initiations.

        Under Klemp, a Fifth Initiate must become
        a Cleric before becoming "eligible" for a Sixth
        Initiation. And, a Sixth must become both an
        Initiator and a Spiritual Aid before being "eligible"
        for the Seventh Initiation.

        H.I.s, wanting promotion, must, also, be in
        the "EK spotlight" (high profile). They have to
        be Satsang Arahatas, doing intros, helping with
        the ECK Worship Services (EWS) and have both
        an "Explorer" and "Settler" position within the
        local and/or regional RESA org. (EK Satsang
        Society). Being noticed and taking on more
        responsibilities helps, but it could hinder one
        as well. If one isn't familiar with the "Guidelines"
        and isn't on the same page with their RESA,
        or just doesn't "get it" (fall in-line) then being
        noticed will be detrimental and one can be
        placed on a 3-5 year "Black List" by the RESA.

        An H.I. must always be positive and never criticize
        (unless the RESA wants to know about someone
        in the local area) even when other chelas are screwing
        things up. In other words, bite your tongue and keep
        silent! Of course, this is a double edged sword for
        Klemp and company.

        However, another way to get promoted is to be
        on extremely friendly terms with the RESA. Ask
        him/her what can you do to help with the Mahanta's
        mission. By doing this, and standing out as a local
        EK Leader, one can instill trust and also become
        a confidential informant (C.I.) for the RESA. This
        opens the door for the RESA to call you (among
        others) to ask whether or not a certain person on
        the ESC promotion list should be promoted, or not,
        to the next level. Also, this enables you to call the
        RESA about any (major) improprieties in behaviours
        etc. that you may see. All RESAs rely upon a select
        group of local H.I.s to keep them informed.

        Klemp not only relies upon his RESAs, but also
        relies upon letters and IROs to keep him informed.
        Thus, ECKankar, is a bottom-up informed org/church.
        There really is no "Inner" communication from the
        top-down except in the imaginations of HK's chelas
        and H.I.s. Everything is communicated and verified
        on the outer, in talks and print, and this is why ECKists
        will always need their lower plane religion and to
        pay/renew that annual membership!

        I'm still amazed that Initiations can be taken away
        due to not paying the "outer" membership fee. It's
        bad enough losing eligibility for future initiations
        by not maintaining a "current" outer membership.

        ECKankar (and religions in general) is said to be
        like an "iceberg." The tip of an iceberg (what can
        be seen and measured with the outer senses) represents
        only 1/10th of its true size or of its reality. However,
        this is Not a proper measurement and analogy of
        ECKankar. In EK, Initiations are Key! This is the main
        focus of all ECKists whether they admit to it or Not!

        Thus, 5ths and 6ths must buy the insurance policy
        (the annual EK membership) in order to be eligible
        for that next initiation while 7ths must buy the annual
        insurance in order to maintain their status (with the
        hope of getting the 8th). And yet, this is supposed
        to be a religion with a "Master" whose primary focus
        is upon the "Higher" Planes! LOL!

        Prometheus

        ****

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2009
          In EK: Membership Fees & Jumping Thru Hoops = Initiations

          Hello All,