research

  • whitemoby22
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
      I am researching Twitchell's "Flute of God". I am searching for plagarized passages. Can anyone here provide examples? Or point me in the right direction?

      Thanks...
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
        Did you not check the links provided the
        other day?

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
          Hello Whitemoby,
          Welcome to the site. I'll give you some
          info on PT's plagiarized "Flute" passages
          and point you toward more.

          First, check out the LINKS section, here
          on this site, for plagiarisms. Also, there's
          a LINK toward the bottom of the page with
          "Flute" info.

          Second, buy a SCP Journal-There's a
          LINK that tells about it and takes you
          to that site where you can purchase
          one (it's very inexpensive). Actually,
          this would, even, be a great historic
          reference/resource for ECKists too
          because of the early info given (dates,
          etc.), and the pics of Gail and Paul
          are very nice!

          Third, go to the FILES section here
          (for members only) and read or skim
          through Chapters 6-10 of "Confessions
          of a God Seeker" for more info on PT's
          plagiarisms.

          Fourth, I'll look through my copy of
          "Flute" and see if I can find something.

          Okay- On page 47, bottom, of "Flute"
          (1970 1st printing) Paul states,

          "Each generally knows something different
          about Truth than the other will know.
          For example: Bacon, Spinoza, Voltaire,
          Emerson, Berkeley, Kant, Hegel, Spencer,
          Schopenhauer and Darwin contributed
          something to the knowledge of Truth
          because the quality of matter in a given
          place and under given conditions is
          limited."

          This same quote is on page 9 (in my
          copy) of "The Path of the Masters."
          It's word for word. The only difference
          is that Twit omitted Nietzsche's name,
          however, PT had all of the other names
          in the same order as they are listed in
          "The Path of the Masters!"

          It should be pointed out, too, that the
          author of "The Path of the Masters"
          (1939 copyright), Julian P. Johnson, was
          only giving his "opinion" in this quote
          that Twitchell used. Thus, there is No
          real universal "Truth" being "compiled,"
          and passed on to ECKists (by Twit) as
          Klemp suggests. These comments are
          only one's (Johnson's) personal opinions/
          view. This is why the argument of Twitchell
          being a "Compiler of Truth" doesn't hold
          water!

          It appears Twitchell was doing a rewrite
          of "The Flute of God" while, simultaneously,
          writing "The Far Country" in 1970. The
          copyright of "Flute" is 1969 but the first
          printing was 1970.

          Thus, on page 131 of "The Far Country,"
          PT (RT) decides to discuss Nietzsche (the
          name he omitted from the above mentioned
          plagiarism in "Flute").

          These same quotes (supposedly being
          said by Rebazar Tarzs) beginning with:

          'There is little wonder...' and 'Religion has
          always been...' are mentioned word for word
          at the beginning of Chapter 2 in "The Path
          of the Masters."

          BTW- In Chapter 6, page 75, of "Flute" there
          is another plagiarism. The paragraph starts
          out with, "The Supreme has been called various
          names in different languages, but it is known
          to those who recognize the real wisdom as HU,
          the name of the nameless one."

          This quote, and more, are from the 1923
          copyright, pages 64-65, of "The Mysticism
          of Sound" by Hazrat Inayat Khan.

          Also, I found it very interesting that Klemp
          used many parts of "The Flute of God" for
          his September 2004 "H.I. Letter:" Chapter 8,
          "The Appeal of Man to God;" Chapter 9, "The
          Shape of the Altar;" Chapter 12, "The Borders
          of Heaven."

          Anyway, I hope this information has helped
          you with your research.

          Prometheus

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
            Did the (fake) ECKankar master of Twitchell,
            Rebazar Tarzs, plagiarize Julian Johnson's
            "The Path of the Master's," or did Julian
            Johnson plagiarize Rebazar?

            What has Rebazar written without Twitchell's
            help and when was it written? Nothing was
            heard from Rebazar prior to when... 1969?
            It could be that Twitchell mentioned RT in
            his Orion articles, but PT doesn't have RT
            actually speaking in his books prior to 1969.

            Rebazar states (according to Paul Twitchell,
            page 131, "The Far Country"):

            "There is little wonder that men take to
            religion, even if they have to invent one."

            ME: Like PT did!

            RT: "Voltaire said that religion is the solace
            of the weak."

            ME: I agree!

            RT: "Nietszche repeated this in his writings
            and talks. But be that as it may, the weak
            and the trapped need some support, and
            far be it from me to deny them. I wouldn't
            take their religion away, even if I knew full
            well that it could be done."

            ME: I'm attempting to show ECKists the
            Truth rather than religious lies and myth.

            RT: "Religion has always been a haven for
            the millions who mourn and suffer. It is
            undeniable that it has been generally the
            unhappy who have sought relief in religion;
            any religion which happened to be near them,
            and who can blame them. It's like a drowning
            man grasping at a straw."

            ME: Actually, there are also those seeking
            God and the spiritual life and the answers
            to the unknown.

            However, what's even more interesting is
            that these same exact words, spoken by
            ECK Master Rebazar Tarzs (The Torchbearer
            of ECKankar) via Paul Twitchell, are in the
            first paragraph of Chapter 2 in "The Path of
            the Masters" (1939 copyright).

            So who spoke these words first? Was it
            Julian P. Johnson in 1939, or was it Rebazar
            Tarzs via Paul Twitchell in 1970? Or, did
            Rebazar say these same exact words prior
            to 1939 and Johnson was somehow able
            to retrieve and copy them?

            Nah! Twitchell was a liar and a plagiarist!
            PT created Rebazar, as an alter ego, in order
            to initiate himself, and create his own religion!

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 11, 2009
              Some really good points, in my opinion.