Re: Ek: The Power of NONE Movie Review

  • Non ekster
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      And this quote says it all too: "It's a film that rests on the power of none."

      Just like eckankar, devoid of any real substance, full of cliches and meaningless hype. Yes Prometheus, it is very unpleasant, I agree, to have endured this Cult. Fortunately, we have survived. Unfortunate though that those who hang on to this LIE called eckankar, still act "as If" they can convince a few unsuspecting people to join up.

      Perhaps the worst of the lies is that you cannot experience any meaningful Spiritual Growth without being a member of eckankar and most of all paying your Membership fees. (NOT) That should be the biggest Red Flag of them all. The only person benefiting is the Cheif Eksecutive OFFicer $ (LEM/M), Klemp.

      Non ekster ; )

      > "Watching Ek – The Power of One is like surviving
      > a powerful and unpleasant bolt from a distant past."
      >
      > Hello Non Ekster,
      > The above quote is taken from the below site you
      > posted. I must say that in retrospect to the bullshit
      > of ECKankar that it too, the hierarchy and hypocrisy,
      > was unpleasant for us survivors. Also, the only power
      > Klemp, as the M/LEM, ever had was what we gave
      > him via our imaginations and our attachment to desires.
      > What helped us to stay as long as we did was a constant
      > expectation for more initiations, our blind trust, and
      > a certain amount of passivity to change and moving
      > on as our own Power!
      >
      > Prometheus
      >
      > Non ekster wrote:
      >
      > Bollywood B Movie. Interesting title from India.
      > Certainly is not a movie about eckankar. Ha! LOL
      >
      > http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/ek---the-power-of-one---movie-review.html

    • Non ekster
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        type in ek and then in Hindi

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non ekster" <eckchains@...> wrote:

        ek in Hindi

        Wow, that was easy. This Hindi translation Dictionary shows just how mundane the
        word ek really is. It would be like taking the English word "a" and translating
        it into a foreign language, maybe even claiming that it is a secret, powerfully
        charge word. Add two "s"'s and chant "a-s-s" and you have the makings of a new
        Religion. lol

        http://www.wordanywhere.com/cgi-bin/fetch.pl

        Non ekster ; )

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
          I agree, a red flag should have come up when ECKists
          were told that they have to pay an annual fee in order
          to Not Only be eligible for initiation, BUT to also hold
          onto those initiations they have already been given.

          What doesn't make sense is that EK Initiations are
          supposed to be both outer and inner. Thus, a Fifth,
          Sixth, or Seventh Initiate receives two stages of the
          initiation on the Inner (just as Ninths do) while the
          third and final stage is the confirmation on the outer.

          Why then must an ECKist pay or renew their "annual"
          membership donation/fee in order to "maintain" the
          initiation they were given? Why does it all come down
          to money? Shouldn't the Higher EK Initiations, supposedly,
          exist beyond the influence of lower world religious
          and business rules and requirements? Why aren't ECKists
          realizing that this is proof that Klemp is Not who or
          what he claims to be!

          Prometheus

          prometheus wrote:

          > > "Watching Ek – The Power of One is like surviving
          > > a powerful and unpleasant bolt from a distant past."
          > >
          > > Hello Non Ekster,
          > > The above quote is taken from the below site you
          > > posted. I must say that in retrospect to the bullshit
          > > of ECKankar that it too, the hierarchy and hypocrisy,
          > > was unpleasant for us survivors. Also, the only power
          > > Klemp, as the M/LEM, ever had was what we gave
          > > him via our imaginations and our attachment to desires.
          > > What helped us to stay as long as we did was a constant
          > > expectation for more initiations, our blind trust, and
          > > a certain amount of passivity to change and moving
          > > on as our own Power!
          > >
          > > Prometheus
          > >
          > > Non ekster wrote:
          > >
          > > Bollywood B Movie. Interesting title from India.
          > > Certainly is not a movie about eckankar. Ha! LOL

          http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/ek---the-power-of-one---movie-review\
          \
          .html
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2009
            I'd like to tweak what I had previously stated.
            The 5th and 6th Initiates (H.I.s) have to jump
            through the hoops of HK's RESA org. and pecking
            order in order to be "eligible" for that next
            initiation.

            This not only includes updates on Arahata
            training, but also includes attending a required
            book discussion on the H.I. Leadership Book
            and on the H.I. Leadership Workbook.

            And, there are other special requirements/
            trainings for those wanting to become Clerics,
            Initiators, and ECK Spiritual Aids (ESAs) in
            order to gain those coveted initiations.

            Under Klemp, a Fifth Initiate must become
            a Cleric before becoming "eligible" for a Sixth
            Initiation. And, a Sixth must become both an
            Initiator and a Spiritual Aid before being "eligible"
            for the Seventh Initiation.

            H.I.s, wanting promotion, must, also, be in
            the "EK spotlight" (high profile). They have to
            be Satsang Arahatas, doing intros, helping with
            the ECK Worship Services (EWS) and have both
            an "Explorer" and "Settler" position within the
            local and/or regional RESA org. (EK Satsang
            Society). Being noticed and taking on more
            responsibilities helps, but it could hinder one
            as well. If one isn't familiar with the "Guidelines"
            and isn't on the same page with their RESA,
            or just doesn't "get it" (fall in-line) then being
            noticed will be detrimental and one can be
            placed on a 3-5 year "Black List" by the RESA.

            An H.I. must always be positive and never criticize
            (unless the RESA wants to know about someone
            in the local area) even when other chelas are screwing
            things up. In other words, bite your tongue and keep
            silent! Of course, this is a double edged sword for
            Klemp and company.

            However, another way to get promoted is to be
            on extremely friendly terms with the RESA. Ask
            him/her what can you do to help with the Mahanta's
            mission. By doing this, and standing out as a local
            EK Leader, one can instill trust and also become
            a confidential informant (C.I.) for the RESA. This
            opens the door for the RESA to call you (among
            others) to ask whether or not a certain person on
            the ESC promotion list should be promoted, or not,
            to the next level. Also, this enables you to call the
            RESA about any (major) improprieties in behaviours
            etc. that you may see. All RESAs rely upon a select
            group of local H.I.s to keep them informed.

            Klemp not only relies upon his RESAs, but also
            relies upon letters and IROs to keep him informed.
            Thus, ECKankar, is a bottom-up informed org/church.
            There really is no "Inner" communication from the
            top-down except in the imaginations of HK's chelas
            and H.I.s. Everything is communicated and verified
            on the outer, in talks and print, and this is why ECKists
            will always need their lower plane religion and to
            pay/renew that annual membership!

            I'm still amazed that Initiations can be taken away
            due to not paying the "outer" membership fee. It's
            bad enough losing eligibility for future initiations
            by not maintaining a "current" outer membership.

            ECKankar (and religions in general) is said to be
            like an "iceberg." The tip of an iceberg (what can
            be seen and measured with the outer senses) represents
            only 1/10th of its true size or of its reality. However,
            this is Not a proper measurement and analogy of
            ECKankar. In EK, Initiations are Key! This is the main
            focus of all ECKists whether they admit to it or Not!

            Thus, 5ths and 6ths must buy the insurance policy
            (the annual EK membership) in order to be eligible
            for that next initiation while 7ths must buy the annual
            insurance in order to maintain their status (with the
            hope of getting the 8th). And yet, this is supposed
            to be a religion with a "Master" whose primary focus
            is upon the "Higher" Planes! LOL!

            Prometheus

            ****
            In ECKankar Paid Membership Fees = Initiations

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 13, 2009
              In EK: Membership Fees & Jumping Thru Hoops = Initiations

              Hello All,