Ek: The Power of One Movie Review

  • Non ekster
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2009
      Bollywood B Movie. Interesting title from India. Certainly is not a movie about eckankar. Ha! LOL

      http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/ek---the-power-of-one---movie-review.html
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2009
        "Watching Ek – The Power of One is like surviving
        a powerful and unpleasant bolt from a distant past."

        Hello Non Ekster,
        The above quote is taken from the below site you
        posted. I must say that in retrospect to the bullshit
        of ECKankar that it too, the hierarchy and hypocrisy,
        was unpleasant for us survivors. Also, the only power
        Klemp, as the M/LEM, ever had was what we gave
        him via our imaginations and our attachment to desires.
        What helped us to stay as long as we did was a constant
        expectation for more initiations, our blind trust, and
        a certain amount of passivity to change and moving
        on as our own Power!

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          And this quote says it all too: "It's a film that rests on the power of none."

          Just like eckankar, devoid of any real substance, full of cliches and meaningless hype. Yes Prometheus, it is very unpleasant, I agree, to have endured this Cult. Fortunately, we have survived. Unfortunate though that those who hang on to this LIE called eckankar, still act "as If" they can convince a few unsuspecting people to join up.

          Perhaps the worst of the lies is that you cannot experience any meaningful Spiritual Growth without being a member of eckankar and most of all paying your Membership fees. (NOT) That should be the biggest Red Flag of them all. The only person benefiting is the Cheif Eksecutive OFFicer $ (LEM/M), Klemp.

          Non ekster ; )

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
            type in ek and then in Hindi

            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non ekster" <eckchains@...> wrote:

            ek in Hindi

            Wow, that was easy. This Hindi translation Dictionary shows just how mundane the
            word ek really is. It would be like taking the English word "a" and translating
            it into a foreign language, maybe even claiming that it is a secret, powerfully
            charge word. Add two "s"'s and chant "a-s-s" and you have the makings of a new
            Religion. lol

            http://www.wordanywhere.com/cgi-bin/fetch.pl

            Non ekster ; )

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
              I agree, a red flag should have come up when ECKists
              were told that they have to pay an annual fee in order
              to Not Only be eligible for initiation, BUT to also hold
              onto those initiations they have already been given.

              What doesn't make sense is that EK Initiations are
              supposed to be both outer and inner. Thus, a Fifth,
              Sixth, or Seventh Initiate receives two stages of the
              initiation on the Inner (just as Ninths do) while the
              third and final stage is the confirmation on the outer.

              Why then must an ECKist pay or renew their "annual"
              membership donation/fee in order to "maintain" the
              initiation they were given? Why does it all come down
              to money? Shouldn't the Higher EK Initiations, supposedly,
              exist beyond the influence of lower world religious
              and business rules and requirements? Why aren't ECKists
              realizing that this is proof that Klemp is Not who or
              what he claims to be!

              Prometheus

              prometheus wrote:

              > > "Watching Ek – The Power of One is like surviving
              > > a powerful and unpleasant bolt from a distant past."
              > >
              > > Hello Non Ekster,
              > > The above quote is taken from the below site you
              > > posted. I must say that in retrospect to the bullshit
              > > of ECKankar that it too, the hierarchy and hypocrisy,
              > > was unpleasant for us survivors. Also, the only power
              > > Klemp, as the M/LEM, ever had was what we gave
              > > him via our imaginations and our attachment to desires.
              > > What helped us to stay as long as we did was a constant
              > > expectation for more initiations, our blind trust, and
              > > a certain amount of passivity to change and moving
              > > on as our own Power!
              > >
              > > Prometheus
              > >
              > > Non ekster wrote:
              > >
              > > Bollywood B Movie. Interesting title from India.
              > > Certainly is not a movie about eckankar. Ha! LOL

              http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/ek---the-power-of-one---movie-review\
              \
              .html
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 11, 2009
                I'd like to tweak what I had previously stated.
                The 5th and 6th Initiates (H.I.s) have to jump
                through the hoops of HK's RESA org. and pecking
                order in order to be "eligible" for that next
                initiation.

                This not only includes updates on Arahata
                training, but also includes attending a required
                book discussion on the H.I. Leadership Book
                and on the H.I. Leadership Workbook.

                And, there are other special requirements/
                trainings for those wanting to become Clerics,
                Initiators, and ECK Spiritual Aids (ESAs) in
                order to gain those coveted initiations.

                Under Klemp, a Fifth Initiate must become
                a Cleric before becoming "eligible" for a Sixth
                Initiation. And, a Sixth must become both an
                Initiator and a Spiritual Aid before being "eligible"
                for the Seventh Initiation.

                H.I.s, wanting promotion, must, also, be in
                the "EK spotlight" (high profile). They have to
                be Satsang Arahatas, doing intros, helping with
                the ECK Worship Services (EWS) and have both
                an "Explorer" and "Settler" position within the
                local and/or regional RESA org. (EK Satsang
                Society). Being noticed and taking on more
                responsibilities helps, but it could hinder one
                as well. If one isn't familiar with the "Guidelines"
                and isn't on the same page with their RESA,
                or just doesn't "get it" (fall in-line) then being
                noticed will be detrimental and one can be
                placed on a 3-5 year "Black List" by the RESA.

                An H.I. must always be positive and never criticize
                (unless the RESA wants to know about someone
                in the local area) even when other chelas are screwing
                things up. In other words, bite your tongue and keep
                silent! Of course, this is a double edged sword for
                Klemp and company.

                However, another way to get promoted is to be
                on extremely friendly terms with the RESA. Ask
                him/her what can you do to help with the Mahanta's
                mission. By doing this, and standing out as a local
                EK Leader, one can instill trust and also become
                a confidential informant (C.I.) for the RESA. This
                opens the door for the RESA to call you (among
                others) to ask whether or not a certain person on
                the ESC promotion list should be promoted, or not,
                to the next level. Also, this enables you to call the
                RESA about any (major) improprieties in behaviours
                etc. that you may see. All RESAs rely upon a select
                group of local H.I.s to keep them informed.

                Klemp not only relies upon his RESAs, but also
                relies upon letters and IROs to keep him informed.
                Thus, ECKankar, is a bottom-up informed org/church.
                There really is no "Inner" communication from the
                top-down except in the imaginations of HK's chelas
                and H.I.s. Everything is communicated and verified
                on the outer, in talks and print, and this is why ECKists
                will always need their lower plane religion and to
                pay/renew that annual membership!

                I'm still amazed that Initiations can be taken away
                due to not paying the "outer" membership fee. It's
                bad enough losing eligibility for future initiations
                by not maintaining a "current" outer membership.

                ECKankar (and religions in general) is said to be
                like an "iceberg." The tip of an iceberg (what can
                be seen and measured with the outer senses) represents
                only 1/10th of its true size or of its reality. However,
                this is Not a proper measurement and analogy of
                ECKankar. In EK, Initiations are Key! This is the main
                focus of all ECKists whether they admit to it or Not!

                Thus, 5ths and 6ths must buy the insurance policy
                (the annual EK membership) in order to be eligible
                for that next initiation while 7ths must buy the annual
                insurance in order to maintain their status (with the
                hope of getting the 8th). And yet, this is supposed
                to be a religion with a "Master" whose primary focus
                is upon the "Higher" Planes! LOL!

                Prometheus

                ****
                In ECKankar Paid Membership Fees = Initiations

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 13, 2009
                  In EK: Membership Fees & Jumping Thru Hoops = Initiations

                  Hello All,