Re: Youth in ECK - Letter of Light - April 2009 Q&A #1

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2009
      Hi Mish and All,
      IMO I'm thinking Klemp's father was trying
      to get him to man-up and pull his weight
      with the farm chores, and that weird little
      Harry took exception to this and thought
      his father was bullying him when he pointed
      out his screw-ups and responsibilities.
      HK's father was, actually, teaching him
      and trying to toughen him up by having
      him go through a rite-of-passage via hard
      work and discipline. In truth, HK's father
      was his first Guru, Twitchell his second,
      and Gross his third and last.

      HK decided to reject his parents and the
      farm life (chores) and escape with his cousin
      into the all boys Lutheran seminary when
      he was to enter Junior High School. It had
      nothing to do with seeking God via religion.
      HK's cold-hearted dislike of his father is the
      real reason behind why Klemp didn't attend
      his father's funeral (circa October 19, 1971).
      I doubt that little Harry experienced any bullying
      at seminary school due, in part, to the all boys
      environment. However, I also think that this
      fact (the all boys environment) contributed
      to HK's arrested development which still
      rises its (his) ugly head. After all, it's
      apparent that Harry shows no empathy for
      his chelas when he continues to cap off higher
      initiations, with the 7th for almost all EK H.I.s!

      If I was in charge of ECKankar there would
      be around 3 12ths, 50 9ths, 300 8ths, and
      3,000 7ths by now, and that's being conservative!

      Prometheus

      MISH WROTE:
      I believe studies show that bullies were once victims
      of other bullies. Instead of learning how to deal with
      the problem in a positive way, sometimes victims then
      become bullies themselves. I believe that Klemp was a
      victim of bullying in his youth. His anti-social behavior,
      withdrawing from interactions with others, and his anger
      point to having been hurt when young. He's felt picked
      upon and his solution has been to put himself in a position
      of power so he can bully others--his chelas! This is why
      he cannot turn the other check and punishes his chelas
      when they step out of line. Klemp's anger issues prevent
      him from having a forgiving nature and my hunch is he
      has never gotten over being bullied!