Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Klemp's Never Mentioned Darwin's Death!

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2009

      [HK]: "Personal and Confidential –
      September 15, 1983

      Darwin Gross
      P.O. Box 837
      Corvallis, Oregon 97339

      Dear Darwin, As the Mahanta, the Living
      ECK Master, it is my duty to write you with
      regard to actions you have taken which are
      CONTRARY TO THE TENETS..."

      Prometheus,

      Thank you much for sharing that.

      I never did determine exactly when
      Harold Klemp first dawned the title of
      Mahanta. I didn't hear him announced
      as such in the 1981 & 1982 WWS's
      (audio tape recordings of). I did hear
      it in the 1984 WWS recording though.

      My suspicion was that he started to
      use the title in 1983 after Darwin was
      removed (August 1983) as president.

      I am still not certain though whether
      it became official in 1983, or 1984.

      A wikipedia link I read on May 14th,
      2006 included the following quote:

      "In 1983, amid numerous court challenges
      and other conflicts, Klemp achieved both titles."

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Klemp

      That link today, however, no longer
      appears to give that quote. Instead it
      appears to suggest the title changes
      happened in 1984:

      In 1984 leadership challenges, including
      accusations of misappropriation of Eckankar
      funds and other conflicts, brought the two leaders
      of Eckankar into formal legal battles in court.[4]
      At that time, Klemp was allowe
      d public use of the
      two Eckankar titles of distinction - the title "Living
      Eck Master" and the title "Mahanta."[5]

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Klemp

      The date for the letter in which Harold wrote
      to Darwin Gross:

      "The Order of the Vairagi ECK Masters no longer
      recognizes you as an ECK Master. As the agent of
      the ECK, I have removed all of your initiations in ECK
      as well as terminated your membership in Eckankar.
      You are not capable or authorized to act or speak for
      or about the Vairagi ECK Masters, Eckankar or the
      ECK Teachings, nor are you to hold yourself out as
      an ECK Master or ECK member."

      was January 4th, 1984. This was from (according to)
      Confessions of a God Seeker, A Journey to Higher
      Consciousness, p. 239.

      I still don't know whether Harold's title including
      the Mahanta began in 1983 or 1984. By the letter
      you cited, however, Harold was calling himself the
      Mahanta as early as September 1983.

      To date, I have still never found an audio or video
      recording of the 1983 WWS that would let me hear
      whether Harold was announced as Living Eck Master,
      or Mahanta, the Living Eck Master. I haven't tried to
      order it yet, though.

      I did ask - here - in the past if anybody knew what
      the 1983 WWS said at the beginning, but I don't re-
      member what was the response.

      When did Harold Klemp "officially" become the
      Mahanta? is something I have wanted to kn
      ow for
      historical purposes. I know on the official Eckankar
      website it appears to show Harold was Mahanta in
      the beginning, in 1981, but if that was the case then
      why wasn't he announced as such at the 1981 and
      1982 WWS's?

      Maybe I need to go back and check those audio-
      tape recordings again. However, I thought that I did
      that already and didn't hear "Mahanta" in the intro.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2009
        Hello Etznab,
        It seems to me that Klemp became
        the Mahanta (in his delusional mind)
        "officially" on September 15, 1983.
        Where else is this stated in writing
        earlier? And, we can't include earlier
        claims from "edited" writings after
        this date!

        I'm certain that the "Blue" (Mahanta)
        Carnations or Blue Flowers weren't put
        out onto the stage until AFTER Darwin
        was kicked out. My guess would be
        that this subtle "announcement" happened
        at the Oct. 1983 EWWS! However, the
        Mahanta title isn't given on Oct. 22.
        Only the passing of the Rod of ECK Power
        for the LEM happens on PT's Birthday!
        The LEM, thus, can tell his chelas anything
        about when he became the 14th Mahanta
        and it is considered as truthful and as law!
        After all, who's going to correct him... Rebazar?
        LOL!

[...]

        [DG] "Not in the Spiritual Planes! Sorry, the Sugmad

[...]

        ECKANKAR not a past Eck master. This is consistent