Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 1348

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2009
      Hi All -

      Prometheus, I thought your comments in this 'digest' were excellent, and I'm "compiling" them, and good grief I need to stop "compiling" and get to work on new website material!!

      Jonathan, you wrote:   "Just the same, mispelling the name did upset me a bit because I pride
      myself on remembering people's names."    I'm laughing here, I'm in the process of "maturing" and it's really hitting me, just the shock of realizing I'm not 50 anymore, 50 was pretty darned good!   The time comes when short-term memory goes, along with night vision.  I used to pride myself on remembering not only people's names, but their kids' & pets' names too, along with birthdays and all sorts of things.   Another thing I've noticed, when you don't have kids in school and you're not working anymore, it's *very* easy to lose track of what day it is, too!

      Anyway, my daughter reminded me that even when I was young, I'd often call my children by my pets' names, and vice versa.  And a few times, my grandkids laughed when I called my daughter "Mom"!   I figure brains are just like hard drives.  They fill up and slow down.

      Many former cult members, not just eckists, can be too hard on themselves for falling for a con, and I think that's because they're so "trained" to not question, not doubt, and to look at their cult & the leaders as "perfect".  Over the years, many eckists have written to tell me that it's okay if I chose to leave, evidently I needed to in order to get "lessons" elsewhere, I'd return to "the master" one day, but it was *very* wrong to speak out against ekult, and I should think of all the bad karma I'd get if I prevented someone else from joining, etc.

      Twitchell was pretty smart, and he'd studied cults and human behavior enough to know that some people *would* wake up and leave, so he incorporated "damage control" into the "teachings", figuring that the best he could hope for is that those who left would keep their mouths shut.  One of these tactics is when former members leave, they'll blame themselves for being dumb enough to fall for it to begin with.

      The fault is *not* with the victim, it's with the lying scheming con artist!   Oh, that's another thing the cult does, eckthugs will try to silence former members by saying they're stuck in "victimhood".   That's not true at all.  Being quiet about it only enables con artists and criminals to keep doing what they're doing.

      I was one of those who felt I lost my innocence, my sense of awe and wonder.  Well, ever since I was a kid, I preferred my own fantasy world to the sometimes harsh realities of life.  I'm glad it *did* come back, except now I'm much more "balanced", and critical thinking & discernment have a place in my personal "lalaland".  <gg>

      It's a bit ironic, I had an "inner voice" long before ekult.  And it often whispered to me when I first encountered ekult that there was just something "wrong", but I stifled and thought it was the "Kal", thank to all those darned eckbooks!!!   Gee, I just had a "flash" - something I haven't looked at in many years, "Masters" from "The Impersonal Life":  http://geocities.com/eckcult/masters.html  - if anyone hasn't seen this, check it out, it's beautiful!!

      Eventually bought Benner's "Impersonal Life", a small volume, and another little one, I need to stop goofing off here on the internet & focus on things like unboxing the books & shelving what I can until I build more bookshelves!

      Prometheus & others have posted good examples of how that "magic" still works when you leave the cult - okay, I'm remembering recently reading a story of finding a diet soda in the fridge?  My memory works in a sort of "Reader's Digest" way anymore.  <gg>  Well, the difference I've found since leaving the cult is those "magic" happenings are *good* things now!  Over the years in ekult, I figured those "messages", etc., so often turned out just plain *bad* because I was working out old karma.  Well, that just plain wasn't true.  The problem was the *source*, ekult and its so-called "master".

      Gotta run, hope everyone has a great day, and Think Spring!!

      Hugs,

      Sharon

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2009
        Hello Sharon,
        Thanks for the insights. I'm thinking that Twit
        wasn't as smart as he was good at lying. And,
        since he had years of practice, he knew that
        a really good (believable) lie had to have some
        truth mixed in.

        BTW- I added other comments below.

        Sharon wrote:
        [snip]
        Many former cult members, not just eckists,
        can be too hard on themselves for falling for
        a con, and I think that's because they're so
        "trained" to not question, not to doubt, and
        to look at their cult & the leaders as "perfect."
        Over the years, many eckists have written
        to tell me that it's okay if I chose to leave,
        evidently I needed to in order to get "lessons"
        elsewhere, I'd return to "the master" one day,
        but it was *very* wrong to speak out against
        ekult, and I should think of all the bad karma
        I'd get if I prevented someone else from joining,
        etc.

        ME: Well, we rejected the religion of our parents
        and thought that we knew more, and could see
        through these religious Myths. Because ECKankar
        was "different" and gave some "answers," involving
        Karma etc. versus the "Will of God," it appeared
        to be a more valid, honest, and higher "path."

        Twitchell was pretty smart, and he'd studied
        cults and human behavior enough to know that
        some people *would* wake up and leave, so
        he incorporated "damage control" into the
        "teachings", figuring that the best he could
        hope for is that those who left would keep
        their mouths shut. One of these tactics is
        when former members leave, they'll blame
        themselves for being dumb enough to fall
        for it to begin with.

        ME: Once again, I think Twitch just had
        a lot of experience lying. PT lied, plagiarized,
        exaggerated, and twisted facts in order to
        have his pre-ECK articles published. After
        all, he did write articles for "Ripley's Believe
        It Or Not!" And Yes! Klemp continues the
        damage control with his own "ekplanations"
        for why EKists leave. Plus, this is why Klemp
        uses so many testimonials in ECK Publications.
        Normally it would be like preaching to the choir,
        but in this case the testimonials are used to
        give the impression of validity to those chelas
        who aren't as discerning. It's damage control!

        The fault is *not* with the victim, it's with
        the lying scheming con artist! Oh, that's
        another thing the cult does, eckthugs will
        try to silence former members by saying
        they're stuck in "victimhood". That's not
        true at all. Being quiet about it only enables
        con artists and criminals to keep doing
        what they're doing.

        ME: Just because ECKists have to practice
        the "Law of Silence" they think that everyone
        else should too. Except, Doug Marman doesn't
        keep silent does he? I wonder why ECKankar
        won't print his books? Then again, I can see
        why Klemp leaves him alone... DM would be
        a dangerous enemy only because he knows
        too much! On the other hand Doug might feel
        too embarrassed that he was suckered for all
        of those years to say anything. Isn't that called
        cognitive dissidence?

        I was one of those who felt I lost my innocence,
        my sense of awe and wonder. Well, ever since
        I was a kid, I preferred my own fantasy world
        to the sometimes harsh realities of life. I'm glad
        it *did* come back, except now I'm much more
        "balanced", and critical thinking & discernment
        have a place in my personal "lalaland". <gg>

        ME: The same happened with me. It's taken me
        a long time to gradually recover. It probably depends
        upon ones personality, somewhat, and whether
        or not one tends to see the glass half-empty or
        half-full. I'm somewhat of a skeptic anyway and
        that's, also, why it was difficult for me to let go
        and truly "believe" in the Mahanta. But, seeing the
        negative behaviours of other H.I.s and them getting
        even more initiations was proof (among other things)
        that Klemp had No Knowledge or Awareness. Thus
        the claims of rank and title (14th Plane Mahanta)
        are false! Ford's revelations in "Confessions of a
        God Seeker" simply confirmed my suspicions and
        connected the dots for me! No wonder things didn't
        seem right with those initiations!

        It's a bit ironic, I had an "inner voice" long before
        ekult. And it often whispered to me when I first
        encountered ekult that there was just something
        "wrong", but I stifled and thought it was the "Kal",
        thank to all those darned eckbooks!!! Gee, I just
        had a "flash" - something I haven't looked at in
        many years, "Masters" from "The Impersonal Life": http:www.//geocities.com/eckcult/masters.html
        - if anyone hasn't seen this, check it out, it's beautiful!!

        ME: I had an "Inner Voice" way before EKankar as
        well! I also had more "phenomenal experiences"
        than any H.I.s that I talked with after first joining
        and for years and years later!

        I was also surprised to learn that EKists weren't
        that disciplined with the Spiritual Exercises. Twenty
        minutes daily, for me, didn't qualify as a "discipline."
        And, I was surprised to hear EKists complain about
        the membership costs because other groups were
        much more expensive. I got the impression that
        most ECKists didn't know very much about other
        spiritual paths or disciplines. This is probably why
        many EKists explore other things like Rune Stones,
        and other "New Age" discoveries etc. even after being
        EKists for many years.

        [snip]

        Prometheus & others have posted good examples
        of how that "magic" still works when you leave
        the cult - okay, I'm remembering recently reading
        a story of finding a diet soda in the fridge? My
        memory works in a sort of "Reader's Digest" way
        anymore. <gg> Well, the difference I've found
        since leaving the cult is those "magic" happenings
        are *good* things now! Over the years in ekult,
        I figured those "messages", etc., so often turned
        out just plain *bad* because I was working out
        old karma. Well, that just plain wasn't true.
        The problem was the *source*, ekult and its so-
        called "master".

        ME: Yep! That was my Diet A&W Root Beer miracle!
        In EK Klemp gets all the credit for anything and
        everything (good) since one is supposed to do
        everything in his (the Master's) name. This is,
        of course, a form of mind-control and hypnosis.
        Unfortunately, these controlling techniques will
        have negative repercussions later on when one
        tries to establish Self-responsibility, Spiritual
        Freedom, Self-Mastery, and independence for
        oneself as Soul. This more proof that Klemp is
        a KAL agent! And, "doing everything in HK's name"
        is a form of "worship!" ECKists are too confused
        to tell the difference! They, too, are worshipping
        a 2nd or 4th Plane God (HK- the agent of KAL,
        i.e. Satan, the Devil)!

        BTW, when an EKist does something that turns
        out negative and it's done in the Master's
        name how does that work? Why does a negative
        effect/result always becomes a "spiritual test"
        or "karma?" Klemp never takes responsibility!
        Besides, aren't the "good" and "positive" results
        sill a form of "White Karma (White Magic)?" What
        happened to "Karmaless" action, or is this the
        "Gray" (Catch-22) area that Klemp is now promoting?

        Are actions neg. (black) or pos. (white) or neutral
        (gray) on this lowest (physical) plane?

        Besides, isn't it true (according to EK Dogma) that
        the "Master" is "Always With You!" Therefore, why
        do EKists have to remember to self-brainwash
        themselves by saying or thinking to "do everything
        in the name of the Master?" Isn't that redundant?
        IF the "Master" IS ALWAYS WITH YOU Why do EKists
        have to do Everything in HK's name?

        Aren't they "covered" IF they're wearing their EK rings,
        or HU pendants?

        EKists should remember, too, (when chanting HU)
        the Tisra Til (Third Eye) is a Chakra and ALL Chakras
        are of the Astral! And, Klemp still teaches ECKists to
        focus upon the Third Eye when it's Not Even the Highest
        Chakra! Isn't it strange that after all of these years and
        the expansion of world consciousness under Klemp's
        reign (lol) that EKists are still instructed to use the Tisra
        Til instead of the Crown Chakra! Actually, this is just
        more proof that Klemp isn't who or what he claims to
        be. He's a two-faced Astral KAL agent!