Re: The Make-Over and Touch-Up of the EK Masters

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 3, 2009
      All,

      Just thought I would add my two cents worth. In Darwin Gross' book "Your Right To Know"(copyright 1979) there are four ink line drawings of Eck masters: Fubbi Quantz, Gopal Das, Lai Tsi, and Rebazar Tarzs [sic]. They pretty much look the way they "should" look. I would say the quality of the drawings is very high. On page ii it states "Ink sketches by Helen Baird." I don't know whether these predate Diane Stanleys artwork or not.

      Jonathan

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 4, 2009
        Hello Jonathan and All,
        Yes, I remember Helen's sketches. I think she
        was the one that came up with the currently
        used "EK" symbol versus the Greek looking
        letters. I remember her telling me once that
        she was in HK's Satsang Class, in Las Vegas,
        and that Harry was the Arahata.

        BTW- When compared to the recent pics
        of Yaubl and Fubbi how do Helen's sketches
        differ? What changes have been made in their
        appearances between then and now? Are they
        turning younger like Benjamin Button? If so,
        that would be like in the movie!

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 4, 2009
          Jonathan,

          That's one book I don't have, but thanks
          for sharing that.

          Just thought I would add my two cents worth. In Darwin Gross' book
          "Your Right To Know"(copyright 1979) there are four ink line drawings
          of Eck masters: Fubbi Quantz, Gopal Das, Lai Tsi, and Rebazar Tarzs
          [sic]. They pretty much look the way they "should" look. I would say
          the quality of the drawings is very high. On page ii it states "Ink
          sketches by Helen Baird." I don't know whether these predate Diane
          Stanleys artwork or not.

          Jonathan

          > Hello Etznab and All,

          > It could be that the oldest pics of the EK Masters,

          > by Diane Stanley, were commissioned by ECKankar

          > and, thus, still belong to ECKankar. After all, the

          > images of these EK Masters are probably copyrighted

          > too! I don't know. But, it is interesting that PT's

          > descriptions of Yaubl & Fubbi simply don't fit their

          > pictures.

          > In any case the pics were redone after Diane Stanley

          > left ECKankar and20were recently Touched-Up again.

          > Actually, it was more of a Face-Lift than a Make-Over!

          > I'm just waiting for Klemp's "official" pic to be Updated

          > in order to be accurate, realistic, and honest. Apparently

          > HK's big fat ego has gotten the best of him once again.

          > In real life he looks really tired, wrinkled, gray, and old.

          > When on stage HK reminds me of a boney scarecrow wearing

          > a new oversized suit! Either that, or HK's head is shrinking!

          > Prometheus

          > Etznab wrote:

          > About the MAKE-OVER, I was wondering

          > if maybe new artists equals new pictures. If

          > old artists leave Eckankar, whether their art

          > leaves with them.

          > Just wondering.

          > Etznab

          > Prometheus wrote:

          > Hello Etznab and All,

          > I'm thinking that Klemp will soon be coming out

          > with a newly revised version of his EK LexiCON.

          > HK'll want to "clean-up" the mistakes and oversights

          > (of PT's EK Dictionary) from his 1998 copyright, and

          > add some new terms that he's used recently (in the

          > March 2009 Ask the Master Q&A, The EK Mystic World)

          > like: White Magic;=2
          0White Karma; Gray Magic and Gray