Re: Klemp's (and ECKankar's) "Garden of Eden" Myth

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 27, 2009
      Hello Jonathan and All,
      ECKists tend to rationalize so much that
      I doubt that the scientific theories surrounding
      the cause of the Ice Age and the death of the
      dinosaurs mean too much to them. And, if Paul's
      guesstimates are seen as even close or "in-the-
      ballpark" with other opinions Ekies would make
      him sound like another Modern Prophet! Some
      Ekies think that Paul's "Moon Virus" prediction
      was concerning AIDS!

      With anything people can use 20/20 hindsight
      to explain away history with their own spin. Just
      look at how Klemp manipulates the truth! Blend
      some truth with some lies and some imagination
      along with some Myth and viola' you've got ECKankar!

      Prometheus

      > Jonathan wrote:
      >
      > Prometheus,
      >

      > Thanks for the correction. Paul's stay in ashrams could well have
      >
      > been in the USA. I haven't kept up with all the evidence like you
      >
      > have. Possibly Paul had contact with any number of people from India
      >
      > while still living in the USA, hence explaining some of his insights,
      >
      > but also negative opinions of them.
      >

      > You are right, Adam and Eve is in the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad. I know
      >
      > because I read it there about 15 to 20 years ago. And as you
      >
      > mentioned, Paul did do the spelling changes of Adam to Adom, etc.,
      >
      > which is of course one of Paul's trademarked methods for creating
      >
      > Eckankar. Change the spellings of things to make it look like the
      >
      > whole thing originated with Eckankar.
      >

      > Even 15-20 years ago when I read this in the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad I was
      >
      > shaking my head. And to show how powerful my belief in Eckankar was,
      >
      > I actually considered the fact that it was true. Isn't that amazing?
      >
      > That was until years later when I heard someone point out that in
      >
      > order for the Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel story to be true, Cain must
      >
      > have had intercourse with his mother in order to perpetuate the human
      >
      > race. An act that would have undoubtedly resulted in children with
      >
      > serious genetic maladies.
      >

      > So I guess this Adam and Eve story in the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad might
      >
      > have been yet one more "question" that was in the back of my mind
      >
      > when I was deciding to quit Eckankar. There are so many I will never
      >
      > remember all of them. This whole subject gives me the feeling that
      >
      > Twitchell believed that most people are extremely gullible and would
      >
      > believe anything he said.
      >

      > If you don't mind, I am going to wander into a side topic. Somewhere
      >
      > in the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Twitchell mentions the demise of the
      >
      > dinosaurs. He said that they died because the climate turned cold,
      >
      > and they couldn't evolve, and they were too slow to migrate somewhere
      >
      > else. Something like that anyway. It was the traditional
      >
      > paleontological interpretation of the dinosaur's demise. But now
      >
      > science has a new theory that it was an asteroid hitting the Earth
      >
      > that killed the dinosaurs, not instantly, but much faster than the
      >
      > old climate theory. After the new "asteroid" theory became popular in
      >
      > scientific circles I always wondered whether members of Eckankar were
      >
      > required to believe the old climate theory that Paul mentioned just
      >
      > because the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad "said so."
      >

      > Looking at things from a broader perspective, I often wondered
      >
      > whether Paul intended that Eckists believe every single word he said
      >
      > like he was Moses getting the Ten Commandments down from God. I
      >
      > actually think Paul didn't intend that. But somewhere along the line,
      >
      > especially regarding the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Eckankar turned it into
      >
      > the "Word of God" as in the strict, literal view of the Bible that
      >
      > some traditional Christians have.
      >

      > Prometheus, knowing how thorough you are, I wouldn't be surprised if

> [...]

      Jonathan

      ############ ECKankar's "Garden of Eden" Myth #############

      ECKists share the same Christian belief in the
      "Garden of Eden." Adam and Eve, have become
      "Adom" and "Ede" (like in EdeN).

      What's interesting is that Twitchell came up
      with this Biblical distortion and then Klemp
      continued it in his ECKankar Lexicon. ECKists
      just need to look at: Adom, Ede, and Polarians
      in their EK Lexicons!

      It's Amazing! ECKist will point out the Christian
      Myth of the "Garden of Eden" and of Adam and Eve
      and Cain and Able (and the mysterious appearance
      of their wives) and will have a good laugh at how
      stupid and gullible Christians are to believe this
      nonsense! But, most ECKists aren't aware of or have
      forgotten that their own religion, ECKankar, has the
      same beliefs! Twitchell did his "letter" tampering
      (switching around, addition and omission) and made
      Adam into Adom and Eve into Ede! What a rascal
      Twit was! After all, this Myth is mentioned and validated
      in ECKankar's own Bible, The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad!

      However, let's not give Twitchell all of the credit.

      Klemp, the Mahanta/LEM, has accepted and validated
      this "Garden of Eden" Myth by repeating this same
      belief in his 1998 "A Cosmic Sea of Words: The ECKankar
      Lexicon." Therefore, Klemp has not only revalidated
      this Old Time Religion and Mythical Christian belief
      and made it part of the Official Mahanta Consciousness.
      Klemp, via his actions, has included this Myth with
      other "current" ECKankar doctrines!