ECKANKAR & Sant Mat, Etc.

  • D.R.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2009
      A.R.E. cross-post this date.

      ***********************************

      Looks like ECKANKAR is becoming more
      main stream. I just found it mentioned
      in the U.S.News & World Report magazine
      I read.

      There is an article on p. 61 beginning
      with the title: A new rise in cults in the
      1970s. On the next page (p. 62), first para-
      graph, is mention of Sant Mat & ECKANKAR.

      ".... Several of the new sects followed the
      Indian Sant Mat tradition, a North Indian-
      based school that emphasizes the role of the
      living guru: This was the origin of movements
      like the Divine Light Mission, ECKANKAR and
      MSIA, the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness.
      [....]"

      I don't generally like quoting things out
      of full context, but anyone interested can
      check this out on their own. The collectors
      edition says to keep on sale through May 19,
      2009. This is the one with George Washington
      on the front cover wearing a Masonic apron and
      the cover seems to have the predominant color
      of red. Look for title: Mysteries of History
      SECRET SOCIETIES.