Re: Promotion of Eckankar Part 1 of 3- Dummying-Down of Eckankar

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2009
      Prometheus,

      When you said "I've stated before, HK is changing ECKankar to look
      more and more like his former Lutheran Church and Christianity in
      general!" you obviously were saying the same thing as me. I rmember
      you making comparisons to Klemp's Lutheran Church, but I though you
      were speaking in vague terms about Klemp turning Eckankar into a
      social club. I didn't know that you meant he was patterning Eckankar
      after Christianity.

      Interesting how we both noticed this independantly, but the
      membership of Eckankar can't see any of this, or if they do, they
      don't have a problem with it. It just shows me once more how much
      these people literally worship Harold Klemp. It doesn't matter what
      hair-brained scheme Klemp comes up with, the membership goes right
      along with it.

      A worship service? On Sunday morning? It certainly sounds exactly
      like Christianity to me. Shouldn't all of that raise some red flags
      to the mebership of Eckankar?

      I've been questioning why Eckankar has a worship service for many
      years. Probably since it was first instituted which I believe was
      before 1999 even.

      It's amazing how I independantly figured out many of the same things
      that you did about Eckankar, yet we have never even met or
      communicated until a few short weeks ago.
      Jonathan
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2009
        "A worship service? On Sunday morning? It
        certainly sounds exactly like Christianity to me.
        Shouldn't all of that raise some red flags to the
        mebership of Eckankar?"

        My question is: "Worship of what?" Since
        the "Living Eck Master" is supposedly not to
        be worshipped as "God". However, I thought
        that was what people worshipped at church.
        God?

        God, or Sugmad, is what Paul Twitchell (&
        Rebazar Tarzs) appeared to worship in Brad
        Steiger's book but, judging by the amount of
        pictures in Eckankar Centers depicting Eck
        Masters and the leader of Eckankar, it does
        seem that the emphasis is on Eck Masters &
        the Mahanta, the Living Eck Master when one
        combines these with the "worship" of them by
        members.

        Granted, I can't speak for all Eck Centers
        but, in my opinion, the books and promotional
        materials do seem to put a lot of emphasis on
        "Eck Masters". In fact, this is what appears to
        be a major "selling point" of Eckankar dogma
        and what even (in some instances) is claimed
        to be "unique" about Eckankar when compared
        with other paths.

        I wonder if true these are not worshipped?

        I wonder, too, about the emphasis they are
        not to be worshipped.

        Does the word "worshipped" mean not to be
        worshipped as God(s)? Because, maybe this is
        why peoope leave Eckankar? I mean, when they
        feel forced to "worship" Eck Masters as "God"?

        Once, at a table for the public, a person came
        up to find out about what Eckankar believed. As
        soon as they heard about the Living Eck Master
        being like a guru and representative of God they
        said something like: "See, I don't believe in that"
        and they turned and walked away. It was fine up
        until that point. They were curious and interested
        before that.