Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: "The Square Peg" & "The Cliff Hanger" (etc.) by Paul Twitchell

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009
      I think the 17th was the day they were
      married. Paul & Gail.

      From: prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...>
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 7:57 pm
      Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: "The Square Peg" & "The Cliff
      Hanger" (etc.) by Paul Twitchell

      Hello Etznab,

      You're right. Gail was born on July 18, 1942

      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/scanindexsubAcss.asp?indexID=67

      Prometheus

      etznab@... wrote:

      > Was Gail born on the 17th, or 18th. I thought I

      > read it was July the 18th.

      > Etznab

      0a Hindu

      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/scanindexsubAcss.asp?indexID=153

      > From: Soul Travel: Thousands Join Up For a Journey to the Cosmic

      > by Wanda Sue Parrot, Herald Examiner Staff Writer

      > "... Over lunch recently, at which time Twitchell dined on a diet

      > plate of chopped sirloin (well done), jello and coffee, he
      explained,

      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/scanindexsubAcss.asp?indexID=25

      > FYI: Look at the paragraph under PT's photo. It states:

      > "He encourages all students to assume responsibility--

      > and he admits he established his organization on a tax-

      > paying basis. 'Because, why shouldn't I be like the man

      > in the street? He has to pay his taxes. Why shouldn't I

      > have to do the same?'

      ote: On ECKANKAR.org Klemp mentioned that at age 27

      > (1935) that Twitchell 'exaggerated' and 'twisted facts' to

      > get into Who's Who in Kentucky. Klemp also referred to

      > Twit as a 'rascal.' Below are more exaggerations, but note

      > the dates as Twitchell continues to twist facts and exaggerate.

      > Reprinted From The Courier-Journal

      > Louisville, Kentucky, Roto Magazine

      > Section, NOVEMBER 7, 1943.

      > [BTW- Gail was born on July 18, 1942]

      > "... Twitchell, a short, light-haired citizen, is a jack of all
      trades.

      > [and master at none?] In his relatively few years he has been, in

      > addition to writer and sailor, a star high school and college

      > athlete, a physical director, track coach, swimming coach,

      > college athletic director, member of two college faculties,

      > recreation director, professional baseball scout, and river

      > traffic manager for an oil company. However, his strong point,

      > aside from his ability to grind out a story on just about any
      subject,

      > is his ability as a promoter. It's no exaggeration to say Twitchell

      > sold himself as a writer.
      .. Twitchell works on the theory that no

      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/scanindexsubAcss.asp?indexID=9

      > Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Seattle, Washington,

      > JULY 9, 1963

      > Paul Twitchell, Man Of Parts by Jack Jarvis

      0A
      > "He spent nearly a year in India in a monastery [the head

      > of a monastery is called the Mahanta] and five years with an

      > Indian religious cult in Maryland. He still writes occasionally

      > for a magazine published in Japan by an Indian religious

      > group... In his best writing year, Twitchell says, he sold

      > 1,200 stories and articles. Of the five novels he's=2

      > 0had

      > published (four of them in England), one, a mystery, may

      > be filmed in England soon. Unpublished manuscripts share

      > bookshelf space with scrapbooks of clippings. And he feels

      > that if a certain New York publisher had more men than women

      > reading manuscripts, his diatribe 'All About Women' would

      > have been published too. During his three years in Seattle,

      > he's had one book and five short stories published and has

      > sold one television script... by his own admission he's an

      > 'authentic nondescript individualist' who is against... many

      > things...

      > he [Twitchell] dislikes career women... he is against 'the

      > flapdoodle of these modern times,' i.e. togetherness, credit

      > cards, insurance, and ranch-type homes in t
      he city. He shuns

      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/scanindexsubAcss.asp?indexID=4

      > Is it no wonder that Twitchell used Psalm 25.5-6 as Lai Tsi's

      > prayer or anything else after reading some of this! And Klemp

      > supports this this con job because what would he be otherwise?

      > BTW- Twitchell was initiated by Kirpal Singh in 1955 on

      > Kirpal's first visit to the U.S. And, Gail was initiated by

      > Kirpal on his second visit in 1963. Kirpal returned PT's

      > Tiger's Fang manuscript to him in June201966.

      > Prometheus

      > mishmisha wrote:

      > Speaking of plagiarism, this is a new topic/thread on

      > Chela Chat, message #16463, that a seemingly "critical

      > thinking" eckist has posed to the group from uncovering

      > "Lai Tsi prayer" spoken by an actress in a 1983 movie! Here's

      > the post by the=2
      0eckist followed by the thus far only response by

      > another eckist:

      > "Hello Chela Friends,

      > I am on the list and receive the daily postings from this group.

      > Thank you. I've learned so much from everyone in the last few
      years.

      > Something has shaken me to the core. Perhaps you can provide some

      > insight for me. If not, then I'll go to a Spiritual Aide in our
      area

      > for an

      > answer...

      > A few nights ago we watched a movie with Tess Harper and Robert
      Duvall

      > called 'Tender Mercies' 1983. Towards the end of the movie Tess
      Parker

      > was worried because Duvall was not yet home. Parker went to bed
      and as

      > she lay there she said a prayer. The prayer went like this:

      > 'Show me thy ways oh Lord, teach me thy path, lead me in thy truth
      and

      > teach me.' She started the next line but was cut-off because
      Duvall came

      > home.

      > ??? How can this be??? Isn't this a prayer written by Lai Tsi?

      > Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

      > BB, Jo" (end of quote)
      0A

      > The responding eckist wrote:

      "This is Psalm 25. It's what I tell people to refer to when it isn't

      safe to talk about ECK openly, use ECK words or ECK books.

      When they're ready, they'll ask me about the religion I belong

      to, but until then, this can help them enlist the power of God

      into their lives.

      > It used to bother me a lot that Paul associated 'Show me Thy
      ways...',

      > which has a truly Old-Testament ring and consciousness to it, with
      an

      > Oriental Taoist sage (Sage meaning Way-Shower). A recent Internet

      > posting quoted a speech by a Chinese general last year, where he
      said

      > that Chinese civilization was superior to teh Western, because
      Chinese

      > do not 'worship' an individual as a 'God', but rather follow Sages,

      > who point the way to the Heavenly worlds.

      > But who am I to question why Paul did anything? I have seen and
      been

      > guided by the ECK Master Lai Tsi for years (as well as the other
      Masters

      > who are familiar to most modern ECKists). . . And if he saw fit to

      > paraphrase the 25th Psalm for Paulji, he surely knew what he was
      doing."

      =0

      > (end of quote)

      > This last eckist asks, "But who am I to question why Paul did
      anything?"

      > Well, obviously, he IS NOT a critical thinker--or he would realize
      how

      > ridiculous this sounds. I recommend that all eckists take the time

      > read Ford Johnson's "Confessions of a God Seeker." Such a reading

      > will help these eckists to understand why it is important to
      "question

      > why Paul did" what he did and what is wrong with his
      plagiarizing--since

      > eckists didn't seem to learn this in high school!! LOL!

      > From page 112, "Confessions of a God Seeker," Ford Johnson wrote:

      > "Apart from the legal component of plagiarism, there is also a
      moral

      > one. Such acts are dishonest, for they seek to mislead the reader
      into

      > believing that the plagiarist is responsible for something that he
      is

      > not.

      > Acts of plagiarism can range from the purely accidental to the
      blatant

      > lifting of paragraphs and pages, which cannot be construed as

      > accidental.

      > In the case of Paul Twitchell, plagiarism reaches such a level as

      0A> legitimately get him into Ripley's Believe It or Not. Indeed, I
      would

      > venture

      > that his plagiarisms are among the most widespread and systematic
      in

      > the history of literature. . . . " (unquote)

      > So why should one question why Paul Twitchell did what he did? It
      comes

      > down to a moral investigation into the matter of religious

      > beliefs--after

      > all religion is suppose to be about being moral and ethically
      correct,