Re:Being "Black Listed" on EK Initiations?

  • Leanne Thompson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2009
      I was a member for 15 years. I reached the 4th and at the same time was researching david lane info, ford johnson, etc, and wikipedia and decided that forget the rules. Its  a spiritual community and I will study where I want and be careful not to fall in the same trap as in eckankar. I left because the answer I got when I asked about david lanes accusuations was "well, what do you think it means" I will tell you what it means. You either cant answer the question (its ok if you say I dont know but not be so rude) or you are hiding something. I read about the depositions of eckankar or court documents on ford johnsons website. I was amazed and at the same time cautious. Was he pulling my leg. Well what broke the camels back was the too many coincidences of the plagiarisms. I said forget it. And, believe it or not, I found the same information about spiritual laws(specifficallly abundance, attraction) from ester and jerry hicks books. I thought boy this explains it in very down to earth explanation. ANd they work.

      The initiations were spaced 5 to 6 years. I dont think I was blacklisted. Most of the HI's are friendly. there were a few that were jerkoffs. Those ones would always answer "what do you think it means" or thats not part of the eck discourse or some other way to embarass you.

      God no. I was never a local coordinator. I viewed some members as a little to die hard and stayed away from that. I volunteered for center sitting or harji dinner (gossip dinner).

      I think I embarassed some eckists when I asked marge klemp "Are you Harolds sister" she laughed it off and said "no I was his wife". I felt weird about it. Noone told me Harold was divorced. I did not say it too loud but I know some folks heard me and gave me that weird look. I did that same booboo to don ginn and gloria ginn. I thought they were brother and sister. heck, they look kind of alike? Noone told me.

      Here is one thing I also observed. With christianity, you have many splinter groups and people come and go through those groups. They are not uptight about being so similar. With eckankar, atom, atom doers, gary ... and some others who copied eck, MSIA all copied eck and when I pointed that out I could tell that there was some resisitance to answring me. It shouldn't technically. Heck they are form the same olive branch.

      The last thing I point out is some folks who were very kind to me in ECK I felt they studied it too much and acted uncharacteristic of them selves. They would talk about astral entities in their living room, sexual or lively dreams, or claim they are in the room with us(during satsang). I thought it was funny at first but then thought they were off balance. Maybe stop studying the path for good. That would help them.

      Before Igo, I want to go back to Ford Johnson and just wonder how the heck he got hold of those documents. Eckankar probably did not think of destroying them. Amazing.

      Leanne