"Kal Niranjan"

  • D.R.D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2009

      The modern age of Sant Mat wherein the
      Science of Surat Shabd Yoga is openly
      taught and first-hand experience given
      may be said to have begun with Kabir
      Sahib."

      http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/gloss.htm

      "No written instructions had been put
      down for the followers of ECKANKAR, nor
      any part of it, until the sixteenth cen-
      tury when Kabir, the Hindu mystic poet,
      took it upon himself to unwrap the myst-
      eries of the ancient science of Soul
      Travel."

      [Based on: ECKANKAR, Compiled Writings,
      Vol. 1 (Copyright 1975 by Gail T. Gross),
      by Paul Twitchell, p. 59]

      Etznab
    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2009
        Etznab,
        Your first link doesn't work because it was so long it wrapped to the
        second line, but the second line was no longer included as part of
        the link. Here is the workaround that I used to use the link:
        1. Copy both lines and paste them into a Text Document.
        2. Use your backspace key to make the second line contigous with the
        first line.
        3. Copy the entire line and paste it directly into the Address line
        in your browser.
        4. Hit 'Enter' key on keyboard, or 'Search' button in browser.
        Jonathan

        P.S. I think Naranjan is Indian in origin. It sounds like an Indian
        word.

        Etznab wrote:

        Today, I started to research the
        words "kal niranjan".

        I'm not sure about the rules for
        cross-posting from one group to an-
        other. Whether Google Groups have a
        claim to what I post there or not.

        Regardless, here is the link:

        http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.eckankar/browse_thread/thr
        ead/663e2106306e4f28?hl=en#

        Thought I came across some inter-
        esting links (near the end of that
        thread), but have yet to finish the
        read. So far I've only read up to
        this page:

        http://www.aors-dbbs.org/enter/books/anurag-sagar1/asp1p001.htm

        I don't know if this is mythology,
        but I suspect some of it could have
        been invented - I don't know. Anyway,
        it appears as though someone claiming
        that Kabir wrote some kind of book.

        Questions: Is this the kind of writ-
        ten instructions I remember reading
        about Eckankar? Is this the same Kabir?
        Here is some of what I already read:

        "KABIR (1440-1518 A.D.)— A great Indian
        Saint and contemporary of Guru Nanak.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 24, 2009
          Hello Etznab and All,
          IMO if something is on the Internet then it's
          fair game. As long as a person is not selling
          this info for profit, or it's not a national
          security issue, or porn... why not cross-post
          it as a discussion topic or for background
          info!

          You quoted Twitchell with:

          "No written instructions had been put
          down for the followers of ECKANKAR, nor
          any part of it, until the sixteenth cen-
          tury when Kabir, the Hindu mystic poet,
          took it upon himself to unwrap the myst-
          eries of the ancient science of Soul
          Travel."

          [Based on: ECKANKAR, Compiled Writings,
          Vol. 1 (Copyright 1975 by Gail T. Gross),
          by Paul Twitchell, p. 59]

          HOWEVER, isn't it strange that someone
          as well known as KABIR SAHIB who was
          supposedly so advanced in the teachings
          of "The Ancient Science of Soul Travel"
          (i.e. ECKankar), and who was the FIRST
          to write these instructions down, is listed
          in Klemp's ECKankar Lexicon as merely
          "a follower of ECK" (like RUMI) versus
          being listed as an ECK MASTER!

          The ATOMdoers (or any group) can claim
          KABIR as a Master or say that what Twitchell
          quoted actually applies to their group instead
          of ECKankar! I wonder, has ECKankar kept
          the copyright to: "The Ancient Science of
          Soul Travel?"

          Prometheus