Re: The H.I. Letter 12/2008 - Klemp's Photos at EK Centers

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2009
      Yes, Klemp does have his ECKies trained
      to have his picture on hand for those group
      photo shots in the Mystic World and H.I. Letter.

      All of those photos do promote worship, as well
      as, brain washing and this, too, indicates that
      Klemp has a huge Elephant sized Ego!

      However, photos of Klemp, also, bring in a lot of
      money for him. Like with his books, HK gets 50%
      royalties. This is one more reason why we see so
      many photos being promoted. There's the photo
      for the wallet, one for each car, one for the desk
      at work, one for the desk at home, the photo for
      the living room, the photos for each bedroom, the
      one for the bathroom, the photos for the ECK center,
      and the photos for the Satsang box to take to ECK
      events outside of the EK Center. Plus, "Official" photos
      are supposed to be Updated. And, since the ECK
      Masters were given a touchup most ECKists will
      want these more realistic looking renditions. HK
      has even come out with a photo of his "Gaze."

      I agree that putting the large photos of HK high up
      on the wall does give one the impression that he is
      looking down upon you just like the Sky God in Heaven!
      Klemp is a living god... in his own warped mind and
      in the confused and imbalanced minds of his deluded
      followers. Except for that... he's nobody special!

      Prometheus

      Jonathan wrote:

      After thinking about this a little more, it occurred
      to me that the photo of Harold in the group photos
      of Eckists indicates to me both (1) a worship of Harold
      Klemp, and (2) that Harold Klemp has a big ego.

      I'd like to point out one more interesting thing that
      I have noticed over my many years as a member
      of Eckankar. In my eary days in Eckankar, in the
      main room in the Eck center, at the front of the
      room, there was a small table or stand. It had some
      fake or real flowers on it, plus a fairly small photo
      of the Eck master, say an 8 by 10 inch color photo.
      Now (2008) and for about the past 7 years at least,
      there is a huge color photo high up on the wall in
      the main room in the Eck center. I would say the
      photo is about 14 by 17.5 inches in size.

      I see these photos of Harold Klemp, especially the
      huge photos, as a type of "worship of the Eck master
      by photo." And it seems that over the years Eckankar
      headquarters has been encouraging this type of worship
      of Klemp more and more. I can't say that it is being done
      more often, but the photos are being made larger. Also,
      putting the huge photo of Klemp high on the wall tends
      to put every person in the room in a subserviant position
      to the photo/Klemp.
    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009

        Thanks for your comments. I made all of my observations and
        conclusions myself. It helps me a great deal when I see that someone
        else independantly came to the same conclusions. I especially liked
        your wording "I agree that putting the large photos of HK high up on
        the wall does give one the impression that he is looking down upon
        you just like the Sky God in Heaven!" You really found the right
        words to express it.

        Jonathan