Re: The fear-based curse that HK put on Darwin's materials

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 8, 2009
      I messed up my first sentence:

      "When Harold said that Darwin's photo and written materials were a
      fear-based curse that Klemp put on all Eckists."

      should have been:

      "When Harold said that Darwin's photo and written materials were
      dangerous or harmful, it was a fear-based curse that Klemp put on all
      Eckists."
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 2009
        Hello Jonathan,
        I found your post interesting. However,
        I can't say that I believe in curses.
        That's probably why they don't work
        on me. As for healing I use to do Reiki,
        but now do various combinations of my
        own individualized methods.

        BTW- I saw your correction:
        "When Harold said that Darwin's photo
        and written materials were dangerous
        or harmful, it was a fear-based curse
        that Klemp put on all Eckists."

        I believe that HK's point was to spread
        doubt and mistrust with Darwin's image
        (Darshan), and with his words, as the
        Mahanta, which tends to influence ECKists'
        visualizations and dreams.

        Therefore, Klemp was definitely hinting at
        eliminating such things, while instilling fear
        and self-righteousness, by referring to Darwin
        as a "Black Magician."

        Yes, Klemp was the one using a fear-based
        motivation to manipulate and entice us to
        do the the right thing (for him) and reject D.G.,
        and toss out his books and photos. Thus, Klemp
        was/is the real Black Magician!

        I do believe that I was either too trusting, too
        gullible, too immature, and/or too impressionable
        like most ECKists! Plus, those initiations were status
        symbols for the ego. Then again, most people, who
        believe in Religion, have similar fear-based and
        ego-based traits built into their hierarchical belief
        systems too!

        jonathan wrote:

        I messed up my first sentence:

        "When Harold said that Darwin's photo and written
        materials were a fear-based curse that Klemp put
        on all Eckists."

        should have been:

        "When Harold said that Darwin's photo and written
        materials were dangerous or harmful, it was a fear-
        based curse that Klemp put on all Eckists."

        Prometheus,

        I only carried your text forward, and not my original post.

        When Harold said that Darwin's photo and written materials were a
        fear-based curse that Klemp put on all Eckists. Because from that
        point on, Eckists would be afraid of Darwin's materials. The fact
        that you and another person threw them out so promptly proves that
        the curse worked. The curse worked on me in the same manner because I
        had the same reaction. A short while ago I bought a copy of "Your
        Right To Know." As soon as I unwrapped the package I went into a
        severe state of fear and panic. So I put the book away and went to my
        healer. It turned out that my fear was caused by the fear-based curse
        that Harold Klemp put on Darwin's materials. My healer cleared
        that "energy" from me. A few days later, I picked up Darwin's book
        and read the first half of it with no problems. I was as calm as can
        be. So these curses that Eckankar uses are real, but they can be
        healed. The healing technique used was NET (Neuro-Emotional
        Technique).

        Regarding Harold's photo showing him much younger than he really is.
        I agree with you. It might be his ego, but my take on it is that this
        is a type of Madison Avenue Marketing that Eckankar Headquarters
        dreamed up: "We want a young guy heading our religion, not some old
        guy."

        Your comment about Eastern gurus always having a photo and flowers is
        right on. I was in TM before Eckankar and the way you described it is
        absolutely right. I believe that this very common in India, and they
        don't even think about it. But people should realize that not all
        Hindus follow a guru, and I would say that the vast majority do not.
        They go to the local Hindu temple. There are preists there. The
        followers worship their supreme, omnipresent God (Ik onkaar). They
        worship the Hindu Deities. There are rituals at the temple. They read
        the Hindu scriptures. And that's about it. There are no gurus at the
        temple.

        I don't know specifically about Sikhism, but
        I would guess that it might be similar. Sikhism
        certainly has gurus because Paul Twitchell's
        teacher Kirpal Singh was a Sikh guru, not a
        Hindu guru.

        Jonathan

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2009
          Yes, Klemp does have his ECKies trained
          to have his picture on hand for those group
          photo shots in the Mystic World and H.I. Letter.

          All of those photos do promote worship, as well
          as, brain washing and this, too, indicates that
          Klemp has a huge Elephant sized Ego!

          However, photos of Klemp, also, bring in a lot of
          money for him. Like with his books, HK gets 50%
          royalties. This is one more reason why we see so
          many photos being promoted. There's the photo
          for the wallet, one for each car, one for the desk
          at work, one for the desk at home, the photo for
          the living room, the photos for each bedroom, the
          one for the bathroom, the photos for the ECK center,
          and the photos for the Satsang box to take to ECK
          events outside of the EK Center. Plus, "Official" photos
          are supposed to be Updated. And, since the ECK
          Masters were given a touchup most ECKists will
          want these more realistic looking renditions. HK
          has even come out with a photo of his "Gaze."

          I agree that putting the large photos of HK high up
          on the wall does give one the impression that he is
          looking down upon you just like the Sky God in Heaven!
          Klemp is a living god... in his own warped mind and
          in the confused and imbalanced minds of his deluded
          followers. Except for that... he's nobody special!

          Prometheus

          Jonathan wrote:

          After thinking about this a little more, it occurred
          to me that the photo of Harold in the group photos
          of Eckists indicates to me both (1) a worship of Harold
          Klemp, and (2) that Harold Klemp has a big ego.

          I'd like to point out one more interesting thing that
          I have noticed over my many years as a member
          of Eckankar. In my eary days in Eckankar, in the
          main room in the Eck center, at the front of the
          room, there was a small table or stand. It had some
          fake or real flowers on it, plus a fairly small photo
          of the Eck master, say an 8 by 10 inch color photo.
          Now (2008) and for about the past 7 years at least,
          there is a huge color photo high up on the wall in
          the main room in the Eck center. I would say the
          photo is about 14 by 17.5 inches in size.

          I see these photos of Harold Klemp, especially the
          huge photos, as a type of "worship of the Eck master
          by photo." And it seems that over the years Eckankar
          headquarters has been encouraging this type of worship
          of Klemp more and more. I can't say that it is being done
          more often, but the photos are being made larger. Also,
          putting the huge photo of Klemp high on the wall tends
          to put every person in the room in a subserviant position
          to the photo/Klemp.
        • jonathanjohns96
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009

            Thanks for your comments. I made all of my observations and
            conclusions myself. It helps me a great deal when I see that someone
            else independantly came to the same conclusions. I especially liked
            your wording "I agree that putting the large photos of HK high up on
            the wall does give one the impression that he is looking down upon
            you just like the Sky God in Heaven!" You really found the right
            words to express it.

            Jonathan