Re: Does anyone still HU or do different

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 7, 2008
      Hello Liska and All,
      It's interesting that Ford said,
      "They all work and can enable
      the individual to hear the remarkable
      and awe-inspiring sounds of the INNER
      WORLDS. Ascribing greater MAGIC to
      one sound or mantra over another is
      much like arguing whose God is greatest."
      [MY CAPS]

      So, is Ford saying that these are Magical
      sounds/mantras that have "intrinsic validity."
      Isn't that a contradiction of terms? Or, is
      he saying that most people see these as
      magical words/sounds, but that these
      have "intrinsic validity" in Shabd Yoga?
      However, does Shabd Yoga have validity?
      How much or with what? BTW- I wonder
      which planes or "inner worlds" Ford was
      referring to?

      IMO it does seem that there is something
      different with the vibratory rate of this
      sound/mantra (HU) that makes it more
      unique than the other (AUM), or Not!
      Perhaps there are Universal sounds/mantras,
      as well as, more specific ones that match
      or enhance each person's/Soul's vibratory
      rate of consciousness. And, this is why one
      sound works better for one person than with
      another person.

      The other quote you gave by Ford was:

      "The Validity of Spiritual Exercises.

      The basic spiritual exercise of Eck, which Paul
      called "the easy way," is also the basic exercise
      of the Shabd Yoga tradition, and, as such, carries
      with it the INTRINSIC VALIDITY of this practice
      in the Yoga tradition. In these teachings, the
      HU is sung "Hooooooo," where as in Eckankar,
      it is sung "Huuuuuuu" or "hugh." [MY CAPS]

      Personally, I often have trouble accepting any
      promises and beliefs from any religion as valid
      and, especially, from those religions that have
      "Living Masters" who have set themselves up as
      Masters/Godmen/Saviours/Prophets.

      It is interesting about the HU being sung as
      "Hooooooo" (who) and "Huuuuuuu" (hue/hugh).

      I knew ECKists who would sing HU as "Hooooooo"
      (who)! It was very strange and they sang loud!!!
      I never did ask them why they did this, but they
      believed they were part of Harry's inner (Inner)
      Circle and were more special than most of his
      RESAs. They had a small following at the major
      EK Seminars and were very aloof towards the
      RESA structure and toward rules and guidelines
      in general. They usually ignored these or acted
      As If they had no knowledge of these ESC approved
      procedures. Delusion runs rampant in ECKankar!

      Prometheus

      Liska wrote:
      Hi Leanne, I think Ford's statements about
      Hu and Aum might be valid here.

      In Confessions of a God Seeker by Ford Johnson,
      he says...

      "I would venture that God has no preference
      and also that all sounds and words are part
      of ALL THAT IS, and serve equally well in
      garnering God's attention."

      and...

      "The important point is that all sounds or
      mantras can enable the individual to transcend
      the physical dimension and experience the
      ecstatic states and the inner planes... They
      all work and can enable the individual to hear
      the remarkable and awe-inspiring sounds
      of the inner worlds. Ascribing greater magic
      to one sound or mantra over another is much
      like arguing whose God is greatest. It is a
      meaningless debate for everything is part of
      the ONE. Further, when the practitioner has
      had some experience with these mantras and
      the inner experiences that follow, she will
      come to the realization that these are not
      outside sounds; they are a part of her."

      and...

      "The Validity of Spiritual Exercises. The basic
      spiritual exercise of Eck, which Paul called
      "the easy way," is also the basic exercise of
      the Shabd Yoga tradition, and, as such, carries
      with it the INTRINSIC VALIDITY of this practice
      in the Yoga tradition. In these teachings, the
      HU is sung "Hooooooo," where as in Eckankar,
      it is sung "Huuuuuuuu" or "hugh" — Paul's
      effort to make it unique. The difference is of
      no real significance. Each sound will work and
      should be continued if it works for you."

      ME: [My Caps]

      As to Ek Onkar; it is a Sikh term that means
      "God is One." Julian Johnson's Path of the Masters
      mentions it. If you downloaded the .pdf
      book, you can do a search for it in Acrobat.

      Regards,
      Liska

      Leanne wrote:

      Does anyone still HU now that they left eckankar?
      I use HU-OM or other sanskrit words.

      BTW in a book of meditation by yogi bhajan I found
      EK OM KAR. I think it was a mantra or something like
      that. Has anyone heard of that?

      Thanks
      Leanne