E.T.T. Reloaded

  • D.R.D.
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2008
      Was going over my old Eckankar "Trivia"
      Timeline and I realized there is much more
      on it now compared to the time it was last
      in the public domain. In other words, it's
      not the same.

      What I'm probably going to do is reload
      the timeline in stages, starting about the
      earliest compiled records. It won't be the
      same as years ago, because I've added other
      trivial recorded events - including lineage
      for other teachings and masters as well.

      For those, and other various reasons, I
      decided to change the name to:

      Legacy of Lineage - A Timecapsule Timeline
      of *Eckankar "Trivia" & More

      It won't be a file, but rather a link, I
      could share with E.S.A. I'm also considering
      sharing it with A.R.E. and others because it
      will probably be something that others could
      criticize and contribute to in the future.

      The first section will probably be ready
      and loaded soon.

      Etznab
    • D.R.D.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2008
        http://www.mirrorh.com/ettreloaded.html

        Even this one section is not complete,
        but it has to be checked for typos, dates
        and link functionality.

        I don't know that "those" were all the
        "Eck Masters" mentioned by recorded hist-
        ory either. I'll have to correct and update
        when time permits. (One of the reasons for

        Many older "Eck Masters" names and
        dates were highlighted with a color
        code suggesting: "Highly Speculative,
        Theoretical, and/or Questionable Data"
        to be fair to the general reader.

        Etznab

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D."

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2008
          Hello Etznab,
          I think that an EK Timeline would be
          nice to see and to have on hand. There
          might be things that one could add
          or insert into a Timeline depending
          on what is seen as relevant either by
          those contributing or by those reading
          it. That's up to you, however, since
          it's your project.

          For example, I see the meetings between
          HK & DG in 1980 and 1981 at the ESC in
          a "Sound Proof Dark Room," to plan the
          transition, as being relevant to a timeline.
          IMO-Both location and dates seem relevant.

          And, Gross gave Klemp his 7th Initiation
          on May 23, 1980 and the 8th on Jan, 27,
          1981 and the 9th on July 22, 1981. [Soul
          Travelers of the Far Country, pages 139,
          140, 186]

          Of course, Gross gave Klemp the 12th on
          Oct. 22, 1981.

          Also, I would hope that our feedback
          would be seen as constructive criticisms
          that would/could possibly benefit the project.

          Anyway, it would be nice to see what you
          have to date.

          Prometheus

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2008
            "For example, I see the meetings between
            HK & DG in 1980 and 1981 at the ESC in
            a "Sound Proof Dark Room," to plan the
            transition, as being relevant to a timeline.
            IMO-Both location and dates seem relevant."

            Prometheus,

            I had something on the timeline already:

            1980 - Plans to Step Aside / Darwin Gross - March 1980:

            "[....] A year earlier, the first week of March 1980, my pred-
            ecessor as the spiritual leader of ECKANKAR, Darwin Gross,
            had paid me [Harold Klemp] a visit in the camera department
            at the ECKANKAR Office in Menlo Park, California. The office
            had moved to California in 1975. [....] Amid neatly ordered trays
            of developer, stop bath, and fix, boxes of film and camera equip-
            ment all around us, Gross told of his plans to step aside as the
            Living ECK Master. Would I accept the position as his successor?
            [....]" [Based on: Soul Travelers Of The Far Country, by Harold
            Klemp, copyright 1987, pp. 129-130]

            I wonder if it was totally dark in there. Isn't there a red light
            which can illuminate a dark room without exposing (harming)
            any film?

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2008
              Hello Etznab,

              "A year earlier, the first week of March
              1980, my predecessor Darwin Gross,
              paid me a visit in the camera department
              at the ECKankar Office in Menlo Park,
              California. The office had moved to
              California in 1975. I was seated on a
              stool by the light table opaqueing (sic)
              negatives that were to be used in making
              plates for the printing press. Gross leaned
              against the other table, made a few pleasant
              remarks, then asked me to accompany him
              into the dark room, which was soundproof."
              [Soul Travelers of the Far Country, Copyright
              1987, CH.7, pg.129]

              It should be noted that Klemp worked daily
              in this Darkroom (Soundproofed) Lab. Of course,
              there is a red light on in the darkroom when
              film is being developed, but that's not the point
              I was making.

              The point is that in ECK these subtle revelations
              and details are referred to as "Golden Tongued
              Wisdom" and as "Waking Dreams!" Here, the future
              Mahanta (Klemp) was not only chosen by a person
              who turned out to be a "Black Magician," but Klemp,
              also, worked in a place that was absent of the ECK
              (the LIGHT and SOUND). Now, is this a coincidence?
              I was always told that there are No Coincidences
              in ECK! With Klemp, however, the Catch-22 rule
              seems to supersede Golden Tongued Wisdom and
              Waking Dreams!

              In Klemp's "Autobiography of a Modern Prophet"
              on pages 408-409 (copyright 2000) Klemp states
              that he was able to discuss the transition again,
              with Gross, on September 16, 1981.

              "The Living ECK Master sat huddled on the stool,
              his brows knit in thought. 'We really shouldn't
              talk about it here.' He shot a glance at the open
              door, where anyone might have walked in at any
              moment. 'We could go into the DARKROOM,' I
              suggested. He hesitated, then said, 'All right.'"

              This is a different account of who suggested going
              into the soundproofed darkroom than what Klemp
              gave in 1987. Notice that Klemp says that Darwin
              "hesitated" when Klemp suggested they go into
              the "DARKROOM" to discuss the passing of the
              Rod in just 36 days!

            • aftrek
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2008
                Hi Prometheus and everyone,

                There is a statement in the Eck-Vidya about whatsover is born of a
                moment has the qualities of that moment:

                "There is one great rule that goes in the ECK-Vidya. 'Whosoever, and
                whatsoever is born or done at a given moment of time has the
                qualities of that moment of time.'
                "We have to abide by this rule for it gives each of us that
                opportunity to examine ourselves minutely and gain new, sharp
                insights into one's own particular nature at all levels of
                existence. Knowledge of the prevailing qualities at birth or the
                particular event provides answers to many and usually most
                previously baffling questions about one's own self, and those within
                his own environment."
                (Eck-Vidya, IWP, 1978, pp29-30)

                Presumabley PT's take on astrology.

                If applied to that darkroom meeting what can one conclude? The
                qualities of the meeting include darkness and secrecy. Is this yet
                another example of where the Eckankar implodes on the hipocrisy of
                its own contradictory dogma! Viz:

                If the Eck-Vidya rule is true then it must apply to that meeting and
                HK as future LEM.
                If false than what else is false in the teachings?

                aftrek

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 7, 2008
                  When one looks at what Klemp wrote
                  about Darwin in 1987 and, again, in
                  2000 there is an obvious difference.

                  The KAL agent and Black Magician,
                  Klemp, was the one working in a
                  Soundproof Darkroom at the ESC,
                  not Gross! The connotation and
                  symbolism associated with these
                  facts should Not be overlooked by
                  ECKists any longer!

                  In Klemp's 2000 Copyright of his Autobiography
                  IT WAS KLEMP'S SUGGESTION to Darwin that
                  they go inside the "darkroom." When Darwin
                  heard that it was a "darkroom" he "hesitated."
                  Let's face it, this was the LEM/Mahanta (DG)
                  wanting to privately discuss the passing of the
                  Rod of ECK Power. But, it was Klemp that chose
                  a room that was absent of Light and Sound.
                  Thus, the room symbolized an absence of the
                  ECK and, therefore, the room symbolized the
                  Negative force of the KAL!

                  It's also interesting that in Klemp's "Autobiography"
                  HK leaves out the fact that this Darkroom Lab,
                  that he worked in on a daily basis, was previously
                  Soundproofed! However, in HK's "Soul Travelers of
                  the Far Country" Klemp mentions this fact in Chapter
                  7. Why did Klemp omit this Soundproofing detail in
                  his Autobiography, unless, HK now (years later) saw
                  the negative implications and the symbolism behind
                  this fact.

                  The room Klemp worked in was blocking out the
                  Light and Sound (the ECK)! Klemp was attempting
                  to cover-up these facts with a rewrite, except,
                  he mentions that Darwin "hesitated" to go into
                  that room to discuss the transition. Oops!
                  [Autobiography of a Modern Prophet, pg. 409]

                  Darwin was setup by Klemp as the bad guy! But,
                  the real truth and facts, in Klemp's own words,
                  show that the real Black Magician was Klemp!

                  Where else, but a Soundproof Darkroom at the
                  ESC, would be a better place for a Black Magician
                  and KAL agent to work his magic on unsuspecting
                  ECKists!