Re: This Group Attached to Eckankar?

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 27, 2005
      Hi, Freefrom!

      Thanks for your post! The part you write here about how difficult it
      is to admit the truth about being duped, the pain it causes one, I
      believe is quite accurate. No one likes to admit to making mistakes
      or being fooled, but yet it is the only way to correct the mistake
      and to heal yourself of any harm it has caused you or others. It is
      cleansing when you can acknowledge it. If you cover it up with all
      kinds of excuses and delusions, it will only fester and hold you
      back all the more.

      The enjoyment of these posts on this site is that we are in many
      ways making fun of eckankar and also ourselves--for our time spent
      in the org. We can laugh about it, while at the same time we are
      warning/informing others about the lies and deceptions that we fell
      for when we were members of the e-cult! : )

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Freefrom"
      <eckchains@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Mish,
      >
      > yes I agree with a lot of what you have to say. What bothers me is
      the
      > apparent communication that basically says "why don't you just
      shut up
      > about it". It is as if they want all the anti eckankar groups to
      > disapear. I don't see how this would be a good thing and finally,
      who
      > would this benifit the most, eckankar! I find this to be very
      suspect.

      > Some don't like to post about their lenghthy membership in ek org
      and
      > how they were duped, I think because it makes them feel sick to a
      > certain extent. I know it is sometimes difficult for me too. HOw
      could
      > I have been so stupid, etc.. But, for me that is part of the
      process.
      > The more I admit and process my cult experiences, the more I am
      able
      > to accept myself as a human with spiritual propencities that go way
      > beyond any org. Sometimes it is hard, easy, confusing and fun, as
      well
      > as painful. For me, I find it worthwhile. And if my sharing helps
      > another to not make the same mistakes I made, so much the better.
      >
      > Freefrom

      > <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi, Freefrom!
      > >
      > > I think that there are ex-eckists and then there are ex-eckists!
      It
      > > is unfortunate that they have to be at odds with one another! I
      > > really like Ford Johnson's book "Confessions of a God Seeker,"
      but
      > > the little band of followers posting on his site seem to have
      only
      > > positioned themselves a peg above eckankar. You are so right in
      > > pointing out those frequently expressed comments about "eckankar
      is
      > > the closest to the ultimate truth on the planet next to HCS,
      > > etc. . . ugh." Some have commented in the past that they felt
      > > honored to be among the best to have left eckankar. Some express
      > > that they have graduated as though they have earned a special
      degree
      > > of some sort. And the "I learned so many truths" or the "there
      are
      > > valuable truths hidden within the teachings," and so it goes.
      These
      > > former eckists indeed seem to be stuck in a continual state of
      > > delusion, because they don't want to pull their "roots" up and
      move
      > > on. I suppose those most desired/sought after eck "initiations"
      are
      > > just too precious to give up and to acknowledge that they meant
      > > absolutely nothing! If you went out on the street and told a
      > > passerby, hey, I was a 6th initiate in Eckankar, just imagine
      how
      > > unimpressed or strange that would seem. Yes, it bothers even
      former
      > > eckists that some of us are speaking up and continuing to speak
      up
      > > about the lies in eckankar. We also point out that some of the
      other
      > > groups that are being promoted on HCS/TS BBs are questionable
      and
      > > should be checked out thoroughly before buying into other "group
      > > think" that might possibly be just as deceptive and dishonest in
      > > purpose as eckankar is.
      > >
      > > Well, it is okay to think the way you want in this matter, but
      why
      > > be so venonmous about it? However, it seems to me that Ford's
      BBs
      > > are basically allowing ONE point of view, because you do get
      > > clobbered if you differ with the big wigs there! S.P.H. has more
      > > than once spoken harshly in getting his OPINION across--it
      almost
      > > sounds like an edict and makes me wonder who put him (or is it
      her)
      > > in charge?? : )
      > >
      > > Mish
      > >
      > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Freefrom"
      > > <eckchains@y...> wrote:
      > > > Sounds to me like they are the ones who are still attached to
      > > > eckiekar, by their defensive tone. *g* I didn't read the post
      > > though.
      > > > What is the name of this other site or group.
      > > >
      > > > I have noticed that Higher Con Society is often associated
      with a
      > > > strong attachment to eckankar, at least some of thier posters
      like
      > > > Betty and Mario and others. Yet they are not challenged at all.
      > > > Comments like eckankar is the closest to the ultimate truth on
      the
      > > > planet next to HCS etc.. ugh
      > > >
      > > > Freefrom
      > > >
      > > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "mishmisha9"