Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Where do the $ go?

  • Ma-li
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2008
      Thank you.  I'm heading there now.

      --- On Fri, 11/14/08, prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...> wrote:
      From: prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...>
      Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Where do the $ go?
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 10:07 AM

      Hello Ma-li and All,
      Here's post #3359 that tells something
      about Satsang money. My post talked
      of Satsang Boards voting (with the
      encouragement of the RESA) to send
      in "excess" money to the ESC annually.
      ECKists should remember, or understand,
      that all monies and all assets (TVs, VCRs,
      tables, signs, pictures, photos, books,
      etc.) belong to ECKankar and Not to the
      local Satsangs.

      Liz wrote (#3359):
      Here's another thought; what does it take
      financially to keep the temple of eck running
      each month - heating, cooling, lighting etc
      when it is being used RARELY!? How often
      is there a tour, and how much donation money
      does a tour generate each money, or how often
      is the book store open, or .... The only time
      there is any real amount of activity there is during
      seminars, and the once a month worship service.
      Other than that, zip, zero, zilch! And let's not
      forget the donations that are generated by all
      local satsangs that send in extra money to help
      fund the temple etc..... (yawn!)

      And why is it that the ESC building have chandeliers
      "made of gold" hanging in their breeze way entrance
      to where the volunteer staff workers are located?
      Minimum wage jobs at best, slave wages, and they
      the employees pay extra for medical benefits!

      Ma-li wrote:

      When I was reading some of the older
      posts on ESA page, I read about how the
      Satsangs sent money to ESC.  At the time
      I planned to go back and read it more carefully,
      but now I can't find it.  Does anyone know,
      off the top of your head, what the post number
      was?  Would appreciate the # since my eyes
      are really bothering me, and I can't do a lot
      of reading.  Thanks.