Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: I'm new here...

  • Ma-li
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 8, 2008
      You have no idea what a kick in the butt this has been to learn that something I really believed in for so long, is pure fiction for the most part....that fraud has been perpetrated on so many for financial gain, for power, and without a thought for the harm done to the hundres/thousands who actually bought into the "dream".

      Several years ago I was asked by the RESA if I thought a 6th initiation for B. was acceptable, and if I'd approve one.  B. was dying of cancer.  At the time I had no idea why she was asking me since she never wanted my opinion on anything else.  Of course, I said yes, that B really deserved it since she was such a dedicated Eckist.  I knew the two women didn't get along...B had told me many times of the nasty things the other did and said.  In fact, she's the one who told me the other had written ESC that I was inactive.  Anyway,  I thought no more about the incident or initiations, until years later when I began to wonder why "the inner Master who sees all, and knows all" would need to ask the RESA and a 5th about someone's innitiation.  I suspected then that things weren't as they seemed.

      Today I wonder why she chose to ask me if I would recommend the initiation.  I know she didn't like B or me, and maybe she just wanted to refuse B her dying wish.  Doesn't matter now anyway.  This whole subject brings up a lot of bitter feelings and memories, and reminders of the back peddaling the former RESA did when I asked about things.  There was always an excuse, and always "because the Mahanta said so".  Just can't believe they got so much stuff "on the inner" that concerned me.

      If I dared to say any of this to any of the eck friends, they would be horrified, and I would be ostracized.....not that I'm not already on the outside....way out of the loop.  It feels good to unload what has been on my mind, but there's still a little voice saying I'm going to get into big trouble for this.  Sure hope it's just paranoia.

      Thanks for the link.  I'll read it later today.

      Namaste
      Ma-li

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 8, 2008
        Hi Mish, Thanks for the welcome.  Kinda starting to feel right at home with like minded people.  Love the name of this group...ESA.  So appropriate.

        I was thinking about the same thing shortly before your post came in.  If the internet had been around back then, Paul wouldn't have gotten away with all this stuff.  On the other hand, just from limited experience in this area with local eckists, if they accidently found this group, they would not believe one word of it.  Even if they read all the files, they'd say it was just malcontents who couldn't handle being true eckists.  Even my best friend, with whom I tried to discuss my feelings about all this, thinks I'm way off center.  She said, and I quote, "I'll bet this is just a test before you get your 6th".  BS!!!  If that were true, why would I have been having doubts for 5 years or more!

        Interesting about Joan.  Are you saying what I think you are saying?  It will be interesting to read his new book....when and if he ever writes one that isn't just chela experiences.

        Oh, the thread you all were on before .......why would HK need security people surrounding him, and why would he have any need for a flak vest????  He's supposed to be our protector against all sorts of bad stuff.  Can't he even protect himself?  I know, this is part of his disorder.  Never though he might have mental problems even tho' he did get naked at the airport way back when.  Oh lord, this is all too much for me to digest right now.

        I certainly hope having my eyes opened is spiritual growth 'cause if it ain't, then I'm in deep doodoo.

        Namaste
        Ma-li

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 8, 2008
          Hello Ma-li and All,
          First, I'd like to point out that Kata-Daki
          (K.D.) is Kay-Dee (Katherine) Twitchell.
          Paul created this Female ECK Master in
          memory of his sister and nine years after
          her death.

          Anyway, I'd like to insert my comments
          (below) to what has been shared.

          Ma-li wrote:

          "Looks like the few Eckists thee were
          in this area back in the beginning,
          missed the boat on the 7th initiations
          by the late 80s -early 90s. The highest
          there was then was a 4th. Oh well..."

          ME: Some remote areas didn't have many
          (any) H.I.s because most chelas need to
          gain the attention of the powers that be
          (the RESA).

          "If I am understanding you, people like
          me will never get further because we
          don't have the resources, have health
          issues, or may have pissed off someone
          higher up who is now in a position of
          power re: initiations etc. Gee, do you
          think when the RESA's best friend takes
          it upon herself to write ESC that another
          chela isn't an active member, that it would
          make a difference? Especially, if that person
          then becomes RESA after the friend steps
          down a year later, and remains there for
          over a decade."

          ME: Well, for promotion one needs to
          become an Active Vahana (explorer) by
          doing and participating in Intros or Book
          Discussions or even teaching a Satsang
          Class. Of course, one needs to be "trained"
          and "have a solid foundation in the EK
          teachings." Thus, just having an "Active"
          (current & paid) ECK membership is not
          enough. Eckankar is an "Outer" religion
          just like all others!

          "In the above instance, I was an active
          member in as much that I paid my
          yearly membership, wrote reports,
          and went to functions when I was able.
          I just wasn't in the same class as the
          above mentioned people. I was a small
          business owner, they were in the medical
          profession by marriage. I didn't have the
          money or the time they had to devote
          to promoting Eckanakar. Maybe I'm all
          wet about this, but I noticed after ESC
          was told by this 4th that I was inactive,
          other chela's kept getting their initiations,
          but I never got another one. At some
          point I didn't really care anymore, and
          there were too many inconsistencies
          about many things in the ECK community.
          I have never been an ass kisser, and don't
          plan to start at this point. lol"

          ME: It seems that there are a lot of chiropractors,
          acupuncturists, and massage therapists in
          ECKankar. The former doesn't have the same
          prestige (and vanity) associated with it than
          the other two have. But, yes, the friends of
          the RESA will be promoted faster than others
          who are more spiritually advanced.

          "I do know that when word gets out that
          I'v left the path, I will no longer be friends
          with several of the people...not by my choice,
          but by theirs. Then the gossip will fly, and
          all sorts of things that aren't true will be
          spread about the area. Small price to pay
          for freedom."

          ME: It is true that many ECKists won't want
          to associate with you. Some will be fearful
          to hear the Truth, and some will see it as
          being Negative. They won't want to be "infected,"
          or have others (higher up) think they are in
          agreement with some of your newly found
          perspectives and insights. They don't want
          to be Black Listed, too, on initiations.

          "In short, guess I didn't play the game
          very well. Of course, I never knew there
          was a game when it came to one's spiritual
          beliefs. Thought we were all on the same
          page, and were there for spiritual growth.
          Hadn't a clue that it was just like in the
          business world, and the little, honest,
          hardworking guy gets stepped on by
          those wanting whatever place of power
          was available. I don't understand the
          need for power, and for causing grief
          for others. Power makes for strange
          bedfellows."

          ME: No, you didn't play-the-game well
          at all! Catch-22! Klemp mentions in his
          accounts from being locked-up, in that
          Mental Institution, that he learned to
          "play-the-game" (PTG) with the psychologist
          in order to be released early. HK used this
          same PTG technique when he worked under
          DG at the ESC by maintaining a wimpy facade
          to disarm Gross. Darwin needed someone
          who wanted to "write" and wimpy HK was
          the obvious choice. Thus, DG promoted
          Klemp with even more of Higher Initiations
          and was unaware of Klemp's own power
          game!

          "The thing that appealed to me in the
          beginning was that Eckankar was an
          individual path. In a way that's BS, and
          I see that now. Makes me wonder about
          the many who are new to the path. When,
          if ever, will they reach the point I've reached,
          and will they be as confused about it as
          I've been? I didn't have a clue about all
          the things that have gone down until
          I read some of the links on your group
          home page. Blew my mind, to say the
          least. So much deception, outright lies,
          and corruption by those we put our trust
          in. Eckankar, the path that was supposed
          to be different, is no different that any other
          religion. Granted, there is truth to be learned
          from studying it, but then, there is truth in
          all religions. We just have to discern what's
          truth from what's garbage."

          ME: ECKankar does start out as something
          quite different from the end results! Way
          back it did seem to be more "spiritual" and
          an "individual path." Many of Twitchell's
          plagiarized concepts were very intriguing
          until one discovers that many of these were
          taken from other fraudulent religions based
          upon lies and myth and "tweaked" for the
          Western New Age mindset.

          "Did Paul just make up the number he used
          as LEM to lend creadence to the ancientness
          of his religion? If he made it all up, how did
          he get away with the plagerism etc.?"

          ME: As for the number 971 that's a puzzle,
          except, Twitchell did die in the month of
          September (9) and in the year 1971 (9/71)!
          Ironic, that this is probably the only prophecy
          that Twitchell got right, and PT didn't even
          know what it really pertained to! Karma? LOL!

          "Was the "new" female ECK Master also
          a fabrication by HK to pacify the women
          coming to the path? Seems I can remember
          someone telling me many years ago that
          there could never be a female because
          of energies, or such."

          ME: Well, according to EK Dogma there
          can't be a Female LEM/Mahanta or Mahanta
          in Training. However, there can be Female
          12th Initiates who are ECK Masters and
          are Not LEM/Mahantas. Kata Daki, otherwise,
          wouldn't be called an ECK Master and listed
          as a member of the Vairagi Order. Unless,
          of course, she received her 12th on the
          "Inner." However, even the LEM/Mahanta
          has the "outer confirmation" of the 12th
          initiation.

          "How do you clip these posts in Yahoo
          so that they don't go on forever and ever?"

          ME: I first highlight the text I want to "reply to"
          (before replying) then go to "edit" and "copy"
          it. I then "reply" and do a "delete" of the whole
          text before doing a "paste" of what I "copied."
          You should also do a "preview" before posting.
          You might want to go back and do more "editing"
          before "previewing" it again and then "sending"
          the final version. Just make sure that everyone
          knows who said what. -Prometheus
          p.s. I had to edit and repost this so those getting
          the emails will have two similar ones.

          Namaste
          Ma-li

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 9, 2008
            Hello Ma-li and All,
            I was being asked to approve or disapprove
            potential initiations in 1990 by my RESA.
            I rationalized this by thinking that Klemp (the
            Mahanta) had so much to do with running the
            universes that he needed governors (RESAs)
            and others within the hierarchy to do the more
            basic duties. After all, that's why it was a
            hierarchy! Catch-22!

            When one wants and needs to believe there is
            always a way for the mind to rationalize.
            It's very difficult (and inconvenient) to wake-up
            to the Truth because that would mean detaching
            oneself (letting go) from: their religious beliefs;
            their society of friends; the dogma that freed
            them from their original fears. Many ECKists can't
            see that any religion (including ECKankar) is merely
            a stop-gap until they have learned to walk their
            own Walk (path) as their own Master and Cliff-Hanger.
            Only one's inflated Ego and a need for Power and
            Money would create and maintain a religion. Twit
            created EK from what he read and learned on a
            personal and subjective level. To silence the critics
            Twitchell, Gross, and Klemp took the "as if" approach
            and became pseudo Masters with self-created titles
            and powers that made them beyond reproach.
            Catch-22 again!

            And, where is the empathy? Where is the Mahanta's
            protection from (karma) cancer? Why are there Metal
            Detectors and Searches at ECK Seminars for only Klemp's
            talk? Why are there Searches for Seminar Tours of the
            ECK Temple and the ESC?

            Basically, the status quo of H.I. ECKists don't want
            to know the Truth, although, many would like to see
            more "Change," especially, in Leadership. It must have
            been very disappointing for them NOT to see any
            "changes" coming in 2008-2009 when Klemp spoke
            so much about "change" at the October 2007 EWWS!
            I don't see why more H.I.s haven't just thrown in the
            towel and said "F___ it all!" It's disgusting to see that
            Klemp is maintaing a narcissistic "death grip" on power
            without any regard to the ECKankar membership.

            Maybe this is a "TEST" for them? The higher they are
            and the longer they've served makes it even more difficult
            (a greater challenge) for these Chelas to "Let Go" of
            Religion! Thus, those who have the most to gain, also,
            have the most to lose.

            But, what is it ECK H.I.s would LOSE by leaving their
            Church? They would lose: their Initiation Number
            and EK Membership Card; most of their ECK "friends;"
            their Positions and Duties within the RESA Hierarchy;
            their Co-dependency, and Servitude mindset; their
            Passiveness (disguised as detachment); their Fears;
            their Silence.

            And, what would H.I.s they GAIN by leaving EK?
            They gain and realize: Spiritual Freedom and Self-
            Mastery, now, in this lifetime; Self-Reliance; Clarity
            and a New Perspective with regained, rejuvenated,
            and expanded Insights; regained Love and Empathy;
            Less Stress, more Peace of Mind; and Contentment.

            Yes, the belief in ANY religion is a KAL Test and
            only the strong can break the ties that have bound
            generations. Eventually, one has to graduate from
            or quit school and start living life. Klemp is just a
            self-proclaimed expert, intellectual, and teacher
            who couldn't function in the real world.

            Prometheus

            Ma-li wrote:

[...]

            about someone's initiation. I suspected then that

            drubezarne wrote:

[...]

          • Leanne Thompson
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 9, 2008
              Hi prometheus_973. I just had an "EVIL" thought. Can one call in as a "pretend" friend of an HI or RESA and recommend "yourself"? Or any way of fooling them.

              Leanne

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 9, 2008
                Hi Leanne and All,
                No, the RESA or another H.I. calls
                you to check out someone for initiation.
                You don't call them, unless, you have
                a complaint to file. Now this could
                screw someone for initiation! And
                often the H.I. or RESA will Not check
                out the complaint fully, or get the
                other side of the story. It all depends.

                Now, if there is a strong EK sisterhood
                in place they will sometimes stick together
                and accept gossip when a sister has been
                "wronged," or "offended."

                Sometimes they have been "wronged"
                by another EK female or by an EK male.
                There are a lot of divorced ECKists out
                there and sometimes guys will hit on
                newbies because their own marriage
                was, basically, over with. Or, lower
                initiate women will hit on H.I. males.

                Some EK women don't like being dumped
                or rejected and can be very vindictive and
                tend to get even via the hierarchy. This might
                seem strange to hear because ECKists have
                the Mahanta and a higher consciousness
                than regular non-ECKists... right?

                Complaints can affect one's next initiation
                if the RESA or another higher up gets a phone
                call. Of course some of these ECKists have
                just had their egos bruised, or are off their
                meds (really!), but for some reason the RESAs
                seldom look at these possibilities if the person
                filing the complaint has the "credentials."

                Anyway, I've heard some really crazy stories
                and one person tried to drag me into the
                middle of a dispute once. After that I kept
                an eye on things better, but still had to do
                some damage control once. There were some
                chelas that were really good manipulators
                and were always the victim. To keep the peace
                I had to walk on egg shells around some and
                one H.I., I discovered, was Bi-Polar!

                It was really nice leaving this crap behind
                when I left ECKankar. There are just too
                many screwy people (ECKists) to deal with,
                and one is always having to "act" a part and
                be on guard. Those desires for initiation can
                and will make people really crazy (crazier).

                Prometheus

                Hi prometheus,
                I just had an "EVIL" thought.
                Can one call in as a "pretend"
                friend of an HI or RESA and
                recommend "yourself"?
                Or any way of fooling them.

                Leanne

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 10, 2008
                  Even calling headquarters wont work?
                  Maybe as a joke I would tell them Darwin is here to see klemp.

                  Leanne