Re: ECKists Have Lowered Standards With Klemp

  • drubezarne
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
      Prometheus, let's see how many are willing to (in Star Trek lingo)
      "de-cloak". If you prefer to e-mail, that's fine too. So, are there
      any H.I.'s or former H.I.'s who are unhappy with Eckankar and Harold
      Klemp?

      What do you think about the way H.I.'s justify Harold Klemp's shallow
      talks? Here are the previously posted reasons again.

      Rationale 1

      The stories don't mean anything, because they are just a way for
      Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he can work with them on the
      inner.

      Rationale 2

      We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols. Then we have to
      interpret them according to our own sensibilities.

      Rationale 3

      Harold has to work with different states of consciousness. So, he has
      to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely frugal with what he
      reveals, and very slowly open up people to new insights.

      Rationale 4

      Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization and this
      group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic, and
      hierarchical system of Eeckankar. It's not Harold's fault.

      Regards
      Liska

> [...]
      > Pope and will keep his position until he dies. And why should he
      > retire. He hardly does anything. Unlike most of us who have to work
      > for a living, he gives a few talks put together by his staff from
      > stories sent in by the membership. His books are compilations also
      > assembled by his staff. So, what else does he do? In effect, he's
      > already retired.
      >
      > Watching Eckankar is like observing the business of a religion. Its
      > membership blindly follows a leader no matter what he says or does.
      > Eckankar's promise of spiritual liberation in this lifetime is too
      > much of a tempting offer to walk away from. People have a weakness for
      > leaders and so Eckankar fills that need. The phony initiations have
      > most of them fooled so that they think they are more spiritually
      > advanced than others. Besides that they feed the ego and one should
      > never underestimate the power of the ego.
      >
      > We can stand at the sidelines and throw rocks at the cult and its
      > leaders, but I don't see that it's doing much good. So far, I've only
      > seen one African eckist say they liked what they read on this forum.
      >
      > Regards
      > Liska
      >

      > prometheus wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Liska and All,
      > > Maybe there's a new Vahana tip to sign
      > > people up quickly while they're off their
      > > meds! If ECKankar made more effort to
      > > keep ECKists "after" they signed up they
      > > might have more members, but the main
      > > focus is upon new membership numbers
      > > versus keeping people. The initiation game
      > > with their religious/psychic promises are
      > > what really attracts people and maintains
      > > the membership numbers.
      > >
      > > Strange, too, that EK Discourses written
      > > 20 or more years ago would be more appealing
      > > than Klemp's current message. Not really!
      > >
      > > As for Marman, he needs to give the appearance
      > > that he's a staunch believer in order to get away
      > > with what he does. Doug's has his own followers
      > > while appearing to maintain his connection with
      > > Klemp. It seems his game is working. After all,
      > > DM's making some money writing his books and
      > > is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
      > > didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
      > > pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
      > > that happens.
      > >
      > > Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
      > > to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
      > > copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
      > > Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
      > > that older plagiarized material would be a better
      > > read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!
      > >
      > > BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
      > > his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
      > > in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
      > > money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
      > > just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
      > > Should money and a personal bank account be
      > > important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
      > > ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does

    • etznab18
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 28, 2011
        Quoting:

        ... even the lifetime memberships have to be renewed every year. What happens if that ECKankar membership isn't renewed? Even a 35 or 40 year 7th Initiate will lose initiations if their membership lapses!
        Why is that? Where's the "inner" connection?

        *********

        About the lifetime memberships, is that true? No renewal, no membership?

        I'm wondering if the same applies as with other memberships. Where one can go inactive (have a "rest period") for up to five years but, without renewal, they eventually become non-members.