Re: ECKists Have Lowered Standards With Klemp

    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
      Hello Liska and All,
      I agree that Klemp doesn't have
      to make much of an effort. HK uses
      many of the same brain washing and
      fear techniques while using myth,
      imagination, and unfulfillable promises
      as the rest of the religions do.

      As for there being not many people
      (including ECKists) reading this site
      that's not exactly so. There are people
      (including ECKists) that privately contact
      members of this forum, and there are
      other indications that staffers at the
      ESC read this site, as well as, other ECKists
      from other EK sites. And, we've had some
      indication that Joan and Harry peek in
      every now and then. You'd be surprised.
      After all, there's really no other site like
      this one because our main focus is on
      current happenings in ECKankar and
      with Klemp rather than Twitchell.

      Also, there was that person doing the
      report on the difference between Christianity
      and ECKankar. As former members and H.I.
      leaders we're able to give insights that others
      find interesting and can relate to. We can
      connect the dots for them.

      And, personally, I find it freeing that I'm able
      to say things NOW that I was forbidden to say
      as a member. Well, it's not like I couldn't say
      certain things, but if I did I wouldn't be getting
      that next initiation or have as high of a position
      within the RESA Hierarchy. Everyone, in time,
      learns to keep silent in order to make rank and
      climb that ladder.

      Also, sometimes people just stumble onto this
      site while Googling ECKankar. It's too bad, though,
      that Ford doesn't join in with a pseudo name and
      share some really juicy tidbits of info on Klemp and
      Company. I think that an airing of the dirty laundry
      or a clearing of the air is needed from time to time
      by more H.I.s. It would be a mental health exercise
      of sorts. Yes, I'd like to see more ECKists come to
      this site to share their grievances of ECKankar and
      Klemp, etc. and to get our feedback. We've probably
      had similar experiences and can relate to these frustrated
      ECK H.I.s and vahanas more than Klemp or their RESAs!

      Anyone can post a message here IF they are polite
      and don't try to preach their EK crap! We've already
      been there, done that, and bought the tee shirt...
      (hat, coffee mug, and jewelry too)!

      Prometheus.

      drubezarne wrote:
      Prometheus, I don't think Klemp will retire in 5 years. He's like the
      Pope and will keep his position until he dies. And why should he
      retire. He hardly does anything. Unlike most of us who have to work
      for a living, he gives a few talks put together by his staff from
      stories sent in by the membership. His books are compilations also
      assembled by his staff. So, what else does he do? In effect, he's
      already retired.

      Watching Eckankar is like observing the business of a religion. Its
      membership blindly follows a leader no matter what he says or does.
      Eckankar's promise of spiritual liberation in this lifetime is too
      much of a tempting offer to walk away from. People have a weakness for
      leaders and so Eckankar fills that need. The phony initiations have
      most of them fooled so that they think they are more spiritually
      advanced than others. Besides that they feed the ego and one should
      never underestimate the power of the ego.

      We can stand at the sidelines and throw rocks at the cult and its
      leaders, but I don't see that it's doing much good. So far, I've only
      seen one African eckist say they liked what they read on this forum.

      Regards
      Liska

      prometheus wrote:

      > Hello Liska and All,
      > Maybe there's a new Vahana tip to sign
      > people up quickly while they're off their
      > meds! If ECKankar made more effort to
      > keep ECKists "after" they signed up they
      > might have more members, but the main
      > focus is upon new membership numbers
      > versus keeping people. The initiation game
      > with their religious/psychic promises are
      > what really attracts people and maintains
      > the membership numbers.
      >
      > Strange, too, that EK Discourses written
      > 20 or more years ago would be more appealing
      > than Klemp's current message. Not really!
      >
      > As for Marman, he needs to give the appearance
      > that he's a staunch believer in order to get away
      > with what he does. Doug's has his own followers
      > while appearing to maintain his connection with
      > Klemp. It seems his game is working. After all,
      > DM's making some money writing his books and
      > is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
      > didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
      > pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
      > that happens.
      >
      > Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
      > to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
      > copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
      > Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
      > that older plagiarized material would be a better
      > read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!
      >
      > BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
      > his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
      > in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
      > money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
      > just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
      > Should money and a personal bank account be
      > important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
      > ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does
      > with the lilies in the field.
      >
      > Prometheus

    • Leanne Thompson
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
        I will contact ESC and say I am a BITCH with God COnsciousness. Lets see what harry says to that.
        I will take over eck and let bill cosby be the leader.

        Leanne

        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
          Hello, Liska and All!

          I agree that Klemp is not likely to ever resign or step down
          from being the leader of Eckankar . . . and that is why I have
          felt he needed to put Joan in a more leadership role. If you have
          the time and don't mind the little expense, I highly recommend
          reading "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" which subtly lays the
          framework for this plan. I believe discussing this possibility here
          on ESA has slowed the process down--after all, how could
          non-eckists or former eckists have perceived this on the inner??
          It would prove that we are really hot on HK's heels regarding his scam.

          I have found it interesting that Klemp has never held a real
          job for any length of time. Is that because he was lazy or just crazy?
          Eckankar has been a real escape for him and provided a cushy
          life for him, fed his delusional ego and allowed him to get away
          with meanness and abuse of others--all in the name of being
          the highest consciousness known to mankind! LOL!

          As for participation and readership on this site, I agree with
          Prometheus that there are more people reading by far than ever
          post. Many people do not like to write or express themselves so
          openly. I have a friends' site, many members, but few actually
          post a comment--however, privately, I receive thank you's for
          maintaining it. Also, I have received a few private messages
          regarding ESA--some sharing private information they don't
          want to post openly . . .

          I'm sure that we have both favorable and unfavorable readership
          as well, but that's okay. Everyone has the right to their own
          opinions; everyone has to decide for themselves, etc. I post my
          beliefs, observations and experiences--it doesn't mean I'm right
          or wrong--I'm just pointing out my perspectives on the cult. I
          don't really care who stays or leaves eckankar, but I do care about
          presenting the Truth!

          Mish

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "drubezarne" <drubezarne@...>
          wrote:

> [...]
          > >
          > > The stories don't mean anything, because they are just
          > > a way for Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he
          > > can work with them on the inner.
          > >
          > > Rationale 2
          > >
          > > We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols.
          > > Then we have to interpret them according to our own
          > > sensibilities.
          > >
          > > Rationale 3
          > >
          > > Harold has to work with different states of consciousness.
          > > So, he has to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely
          > > frugal with what he reveals, and very slowly open up people
          > > to new insights.
          > >
          > > Rationale 4
          > >
          > > Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization
          > > and this group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic,
          > > and hierarchical system of Eckankar. It's not Harold's fault.
          > >
          > > So, there you have some of the hopelessly brainwashed and

        • drubezarne
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
            Prometheus, let's see how many are willing to (in Star Trek lingo)
            "de-cloak". If you prefer to e-mail, that's fine too. So, are there
            any H.I.'s or former H.I.'s who are unhappy with Eckankar and Harold
            Klemp?

            What do you think about the way H.I.'s justify Harold Klemp's shallow
            talks? Here are the previously posted reasons again.

            Rationale 1

            The stories don't mean anything, because they are just a way for
            Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he can work with them on the
            inner.

            Rationale 2

            We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols. Then we have to
            interpret them according to our own sensibilities.

            Rationale 3

            Harold has to work with different states of consciousness. So, he has
            to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely frugal with what he
            reveals, and very slowly open up people to new insights.

            Rationale 4

            Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization and this
            group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic, and
            hierarchical system of Eeckankar. It's not Harold's fault.

            Regards
            Liska

> [...]
            > > is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
            > > didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
            > > pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
            > > that happens.
            > >
            > > Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
            > > to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
            > > copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
            > > Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
            > > that older plagiarized material would be a better
            > > read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!
            > >
            > > BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
            > > his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
            > > in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
            > > money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
            > > just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
            > > Should money and a personal bank account be
            > > important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
            > > ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does

          • etznab18
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 28 5:59 PM
              Quoting:

              ... even the lifetime memberships have to be renewed every year. What happens if that ECKankar membership isn't renewed? Even a 35 or 40 year 7th Initiate will lose initiations if their membership lapses!
              Why is that? Where's the "inner" connection?

              *********

              About the lifetime memberships, is that true? No renewal, no membership?

              I'm wondering if the same applies as with other memberships. Where one can go inactive (have a "rest period") for up to five years but, without renewal, they eventually become non-members.