Re: ECKists Have Lowered Standards With Klemp

    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
      Hello Liska and All,
      Maybe there's a new Vahana tip to sign
      people up quickly while they're off their
      meds! If ECKankar made more effort to
      keep ECKists "after" they signed up they
      might have more members, but the main
      focus is upon new membership numbers
      versus keeping people. The initiation game
      with their religious/psychic promises are
      what really attracts people and maintains
      the membership numbers.

      Strange, too, that EK Discourses written
      20 or more years ago would be more appealing
      than Klemp's current message. Not really!

      As for Marman, he needs to give the appearance
      that he's a staunch believer in order to get away
      with what he does. Doug's has his own followers
      while appearing to maintain his connection with
      Klemp. It seems his game is working. After all,
      DM's making some money writing his books and
      is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
      didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
      pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
      that happens.

      Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
      to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
      copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
      Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
      that older plagiarized material would be a better
      read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!

      BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
      his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
      in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
      money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
      just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
      Should money and a personal bank account be
      important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
      ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does
      with the lilies in the field.

      Prometheus

      drubezarne wrote:
      Hi Prometheus, Eckankar is starting a new program
      to get newcomers to sign up faster. When a newcomer
      comes to a presentation, they are told that they can
      join a study class right away. The newbie then gets the
      discourse in the mail shortly after signing up and starts
      going to a prearranged class.

      Harold Klemp's talks are lame, but the membership
      continues to try to justify them. Here are some excuses
      by H.I.'s explaining why Klemp doesn't give greater
      insights. I saw these on Doug Marman's H.I. soul forum.

      Rationale 1

      The stories don't mean anything, because they are just
      a way for Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he
      can work with them on the inner.

      Rationale 2

      We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols.
      Then we have to interpret them according to our own
      sensibilities.

      Rationale 3

      Harold has to work with different states of consciousness.
      So, he has to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely
      frugal with what he reveals, and very slowly open up people
      to new insights.

      Rationale 4

      Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization
      and this group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic,
      and hierarchical system of Eckankar. It's not Harold's fault.

      So, there you have some of the hopelessly brainwashed and
      deluded H.I.'s of Eckankar.

      Regards
      Liska

      prometheus wrote:

> [...]
      > > begin to question things (silently). Unfortunately,
      > > many are caught up in playing a role for both
      > > themselves and others. Ego wants to be recognized
      > > and needs power and a social environment.
      > > ECKankar has become a very comfortable
      > > religion, especially, for the 7th initiates.
      > >
      > > 7ths have hit the glass ceiling and most have
      > > accepted that they won't be getting an 8th (on
      > > the outer). Although, the Master's 4 Discourse,
      > > Lesson 3 states that 9ths need to have the third
      > > and final stage for that initiation on the outer
      > > as confirmation many 7ths see themselves as
      > > ECK Masters without the outer confirmation
      > > of a pink slip. They delude themselves on an
      > > ongoing basis. Many ECKists have become
      > > blind and closed minded in order to protect
      > > themselves from the truth. They need to do
      > > this in order to have religion work for them.
      > >
      > > Other H.I.s have just lowered their standards
      > > and expectations. They've become complacent,
      > > but still have some hope, faith, and belief that
      > > what they originally bought into, years ago, is
      > > still the same, or at least as valid. Yet, if these
      > > chelas take a long hard look at the real proof
      > > for years and years of training they will see
      > > that they really have nothing except a number
      > > on a membership card. And, that's a membership
      > > that has to be renewed every year... even the
      > > lifetime memberships have to be renewed every
      > > year. What happens if that ECKankar membership
      > > isn't renewed? Even a 35 or 40 year 7th Initiate
      > > will lose initiations if their membership lapses!
      > > Why is that? Where's the "inner" connection?
      > >
      > > Klemp never holds up his end of the bargain
      > > does he? He never takes responsibility for
      > > anything bad, but seems to like credit for
      > > the good. Where have we seen this before?
      > > Maybe in politics? But, ECKankar is a religion.
      > > It's more than just a classification for Non-Profit
      > > Tax Exempt status... it's a religion like any
      > > other lower plane teaching.
      > >
      > > HK is supposed to protect and serve his chelas,
      > > isn't he? Hmmmm, I'm not so sure that HK's
      > > ever stated that his job is to "serve" his chelas.
      > > But, where is that protection from disease?
      > > With Klemp it seems to be a one-way street.
      > > Klemp does nothing except write and lecture
      > > on redundant and even stupid subjects, or
      > > fragmented nonsense once or twice a year.
      > > When HK is supposed to be the "highest
      > > consciousness anywhere" why have ECKists
      > > lowered their standards?
      > >
      > > I think that the lowering of standards was
      > > a gradual process for EK chelas, and Klemp
      > > has overstayed his time as LEM by about 15
      > > years! But, nobody can do anything about it!
      > > Klemp's taken all power away from the EK Board
      > > and has created a different kind of ECKankar
      > > based around himself, his old Christian religion
      > > and upon his opinions.
      > >
      > > Klemp's consciousness is not in the least "high."
      > > What one sees and hears is what one really gets!
      > > Sure, it helps to "imagine" more, but how long
      > > can one fool oneself? With some it's Forever!

    • drubezarne
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
        Prometheus, I don't think Klemp will retire in 5 years. He's like the
        Pope and will keep his position until he dies. And why should he
        retire. He hardly does anything. Unlike most of us who have to work
        for a living, he gives a few talks put together by his staff from
        stories sent in by the membership. His books are compilations also
        assembled by his staff. So, what else does he do? In effect, he's
        already retired.

        Watching Eckankar is like observing the business of a religion. Its
        membership blindly follows a leader no matter what he says or does.
        Eckankar's promise of spiritual liberation in this lifetime is too
        much of a tempting offer to walk away from. People have a weakness for
        leaders and so Eckankar fills that need. The phony initiations have
        most of them fooled so that they think they are more spiritually
        advanced than others. Besides that they feed the ego and one should
        never underestimate the power of the ego.

        We can stand at the sidelines and throw rocks at the cult and its
        leaders, but I don't see that it's doing much good. So far, I've only
        seen one African eckist say they liked what they read on this forum.

        Regards
        Liska

        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
          Hello Liska and All,
          I agree that Klemp doesn't have
          to make much of an effort. HK uses
          many of the same brain washing and
          fear techniques while using myth,
          imagination, and unfulfillable promises
          as the rest of the religions do.

          As for there being not many people
          (including ECKists) reading this site
          that's not exactly so. There are people
          (including ECKists) that privately contact
          members of this forum, and there are
          other indications that staffers at the
          ESC read this site, as well as, other ECKists
          from other EK sites. And, we've had some
          indication that Joan and Harry peek in
          every now and then. You'd be surprised.
          After all, there's really no other site like
          this one because our main focus is on
          current happenings in ECKankar and
          with Klemp rather than Twitchell.

          Also, there was that person doing the
          report on the difference between Christianity
          and ECKankar. As former members and H.I.
          leaders we're able to give insights that others
          find interesting and can relate to. We can
          connect the dots for them.

          And, personally, I find it freeing that I'm able
          to say things NOW that I was forbidden to say
          as a member. Well, it's not like I couldn't say
          certain things, but if I did I wouldn't be getting
          that next initiation or have as high of a position
          within the RESA Hierarchy. Everyone, in time,
          learns to keep silent in order to make rank and
          climb that ladder.

          Also, sometimes people just stumble onto this
          site while Googling ECKankar. It's too bad, though,
          that Ford doesn't join in with a pseudo name and
          share some really juicy tidbits of info on Klemp and
          Company. I think that an airing of the dirty laundry
          or a clearing of the air is needed from time to time
          by more H.I.s. It would be a mental health exercise
          of sorts. Yes, I'd like to see more ECKists come to
          this site to share their grievances of ECKankar and
          Klemp, etc. and to get our feedback. We've probably
          had similar experiences and can relate to these frustrated
          ECK H.I.s and vahanas more than Klemp or their RESAs!

          Anyone can post a message here IF they are polite
          and don't try to preach their EK crap! We've already
          been there, done that, and bought the tee shirt...
          (hat, coffee mug, and jewelry too)!

          Prometheus.

          prometheus wrote:

          > Hello Liska and All,
          > Maybe there's a new Vahana tip to sign
          > people up quickly while they're off their
          > meds! If ECKankar made more effort to
          > keep ECKists "after" they signed up they
          > might have more members, but the main
          > focus is upon new membership numbers
          > versus keeping people. The initiation game
          > with their religious/psychic promises are
          > what really attracts people and maintains
          > the membership numbers.
          >
          > Strange, too, that EK Discourses written
          > 20 or more years ago would be more appealing
          > than Klemp's current message. Not really!
          >
          > As for Marman, he needs to give the appearance
          > that he's a staunch believer in order to get away
          > with what he does. Doug's has his own followers
          > while appearing to maintain his connection with
          > Klemp. It seems his game is working. After all,
          > DM's making some money writing his books and
          > is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
          > didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
          > pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
          > that happens.
          >
          > Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
          > to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
          > copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
          > Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
          > that older plagiarized material would be a better
          > read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!
          >
          > BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
          > his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
          > in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
          > money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
          > just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
          > Should money and a personal bank account be
          > important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
          > ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does
          > with the lilies in the field.
          >
          > Prometheus

        • Leanne Thompson
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
            I will contact ESC and say I am a BITCH with God COnsciousness. Lets see what harry says to that.
            I will take over eck and let bill cosby be the leader.

            Leanne

            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
              Hello, Liska and All!

              I agree that Klemp is not likely to ever resign or step down
              from being the leader of Eckankar . . . and that is why I have
              felt he needed to put Joan in a more leadership role. If you have
              the time and don't mind the little expense, I highly recommend
              reading "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" which subtly lays the
              framework for this plan. I believe discussing this possibility here
              on ESA has slowed the process down--after all, how could
              non-eckists or former eckists have perceived this on the inner??
              It would prove that we are really hot on HK's heels regarding his scam.

              I have found it interesting that Klemp has never held a real
              job for any length of time. Is that because he was lazy or just crazy?
              Eckankar has been a real escape for him and provided a cushy
              life for him, fed his delusional ego and allowed him to get away
              with meanness and abuse of others--all in the name of being
              the highest consciousness known to mankind! LOL!

              As for participation and readership on this site, I agree with
              Prometheus that there are more people reading by far than ever
              post. Many people do not like to write or express themselves so
              openly. I have a friends' site, many members, but few actually
              post a comment--however, privately, I receive thank you's for
              maintaining it. Also, I have received a few private messages
              regarding ESA--some sharing private information they don't
              want to post openly . . .

              I'm sure that we have both favorable and unfavorable readership
              as well, but that's okay. Everyone has the right to their own
              opinions; everyone has to decide for themselves, etc. I post my
              beliefs, observations and experiences--it doesn't mean I'm right
              or wrong--I'm just pointing out my perspectives on the cult. I
              don't really care who stays or leaves eckankar, but I do care about
              presenting the Truth!

              Mish

              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "drubezarne" <drubezarne@...>
              wrote:

> [...]
              > >
              > > The stories don't mean anything, because they are just
              > > a way for Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he
              > > can work with them on the inner.
              > >
              > > Rationale 2
              > >
              > > We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols.
              > > Then we have to interpret them according to our own
              > > sensibilities.
              > >
              > > Rationale 3
              > >
              > > Harold has to work with different states of consciousness.
              > > So, he has to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely
              > > frugal with what he reveals, and very slowly open up people
              > > to new insights.
              > >
              > > Rationale 4
              > >
              > > Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization
              > > and this group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic,
              > > and hierarchical system of Eckankar. It's not Harold's fault.
              > >
              > > So, there you have some of the hopelessly brainwashed and

            • drubezarne
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
                Prometheus, let's see how many are willing to (in Star Trek lingo)
                "de-cloak". If you prefer to e-mail, that's fine too. So, are there
                any H.I.'s or former H.I.'s who are unhappy with Eckankar and Harold
                Klemp?

                What do you think about the way H.I.'s justify Harold Klemp's shallow
                talks? Here are the previously posted reasons again.

                Rationale 1

                The stories don't mean anything, because they are just a way for
                Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he can work with them on the
                inner.

                Rationale 2

                We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols. Then we have to
                interpret them according to our own sensibilities.

                Rationale 3

                Harold has to work with different states of consciousness. So, he has
                to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely frugal with what he
                reveals, and very slowly open up people to new insights.

                Rationale 4

                Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization and this
                group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic, and
                hierarchical system of Eeckankar. It's not Harold's fault.

                Regards
                Liska

> [...]
                > > is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
                > > didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
                > > pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
                > > that happens.
                > >
                > > Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
                > > to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
                > > copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
                > > Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
                > > that older plagiarized material would be a better
                > > read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!
                > >
                > > BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
                > > his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
                > > in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
                > > money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
                > > just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
                > > Should money and a personal bank account be
                > > important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
                > > ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does

              • etznab18
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 28, 2011
                  Quoting:

                  ... even the lifetime memberships have to be renewed every year. What happens if that ECKankar membership isn't renewed? Even a 35 or 40 year 7th Initiate will lose initiations if their membership lapses!
                  Why is that? Where's the "inner" connection?

                  *********

                  About the lifetime memberships, is that true? No renewal, no membership?

                  I'm wondering if the same applies as with other memberships. Where one can go inactive (have a "rest period") for up to five years but, without renewal, they eventually become non-members.