Re: ECKists Have Lowered Standards With Klemp

  • drubezarne
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
      Hi Prometheus, Eckankar is starting a new program to get newcomers to
      sign up faster. When a newcomer comes to a presentation, they are told
      that they can join a study class right away. The newbie then gets the
      discourse in the mail shortly after signing up and starts going to a
      prearranged class.

      Harold Klemp's talks are lame, but the membership continues to try to
      justify them. Here are some excuses by H.I.'s explaining why Klemp
      doesn't give greater insights. I saw these on Doug Marman's H.I. soul
      forum.

      Rationale 1

      The stories don't mean anything, because they are just a way for
      Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he can work with them on the
      inner.

      Rationale 2

      We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols. Then we have to
      interpret them according to our own sensibilities.

      Rationale 3

      Harold has to work with different states of consciousness. So, he has
      to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely frugal with what he
      reveals, and very slowly open up people to new insights.

      Rationale 4

      Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization and this
      group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic, and
      hierarchical system of Eeckankar. It's not Harold's fault.

      So, there you have some of the hopelessly brainwashed and deluded
      H.I.'s of Eckankar.

      Regards
      Liska

      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
        Hello Liska and All,
        Maybe there's a new Vahana tip to sign
        people up quickly while they're off their
        meds! If ECKankar made more effort to
        keep ECKists "after" they signed up they
        might have more members, but the main
        focus is upon new membership numbers
        versus keeping people. The initiation game
        with their religious/psychic promises are
        what really attracts people and maintains
        the membership numbers.

        Strange, too, that EK Discourses written
        20 or more years ago would be more appealing
        than Klemp's current message. Not really!

        As for Marman, he needs to give the appearance
        that he's a staunch believer in order to get away
        with what he does. Doug's has his own followers
        while appearing to maintain his connection with
        Klemp. It seems his game is working. After all,
        DM's making some money writing his books and
        is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
        didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
        pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
        that happens.

        Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
        to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
        copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
        Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
        that older plagiarized material would be a better
        read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!

        BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
        his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
        in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
        money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
        just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
        Should money and a personal bank account be
        important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
        ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does
        with the lilies in the field.

        Prometheus

        drubezarne wrote:
[...]

        and hierarchical system of Eckankar. It's not Harold's fault.

        prometheus wrote:

> [...]
        > > But, where is that protection from disease?
        > > With Klemp it seems to be a one-way street.
        > > Klemp does nothing except write and lecture
        > > on redundant and even stupid subjects, or
        > > fragmented nonsense once or twice a year.
        > > When HK is supposed to be the "highest
        > > consciousness anywhere" why have ECKists
        > > lowered their standards?
        > >
        > > I think that the lowering of standards was
        > > a gradual process for EK chelas, and Klemp
        > > has overstayed his time as LEM by about 15
        > > years! But, nobody can do anything about it!
        > > Klemp's taken all power away from the EK Board
        > > and has created a different kind of ECKankar
        > > based around himself, his old Christian religion
        > > and upon his opinions.
        > >
        > > Klemp's consciousness is not in the least "high."
        > > What one sees and hears is what one really gets!
        > > Sure, it helps to "imagine" more, but how long
        > > can one fool oneself? With some it's Forever!

      • drubezarne
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
          Prometheus, I don't think Klemp will retire in 5 years. He's like the
          Pope and will keep his position until he dies. And why should he
          retire. He hardly does anything. Unlike most of us who have to work
          for a living, he gives a few talks put together by his staff from
          stories sent in by the membership. His books are compilations also
          assembled by his staff. So, what else does he do? In effect, he's
          already retired.

          Watching Eckankar is like observing the business of a religion. Its
          membership blindly follows a leader no matter what he says or does.
          Eckankar's promise of spiritual liberation in this lifetime is too
          much of a tempting offer to walk away from. People have a weakness for
          leaders and so Eckankar fills that need. The phony initiations have
          most of them fooled so that they think they are more spiritually
          advanced than others. Besides that they feed the ego and one should
          never underestimate the power of the ego.

          We can stand at the sidelines and throw rocks at the cult and its
          leaders, but I don't see that it's doing much good. So far, I've only
          seen one African eckist say they liked what they read on this forum.

          Regards
          Liska

          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
            Hello Liska and All,
            I agree that Klemp doesn't have
            to make much of an effort. HK uses
            many of the same brain washing and
            fear techniques while using myth,
            imagination, and unfulfillable promises
            as the rest of the religions do.

            As for there being not many people
            (including ECKists) reading this site
            that's not exactly so. There are people
            (including ECKists) that privately contact
            members of this forum, and there are
            other indications that staffers at the
            ESC read this site, as well as, other ECKists
            from other EK sites. And, we've had some
            indication that Joan and Harry peek in
            every now and then. You'd be surprised.
            After all, there's really no other site like
            this one because our main focus is on
            current happenings in ECKankar and
            with Klemp rather than Twitchell.

            Also, there was that person doing the
            report on the difference between Christianity
            and ECKankar. As former members and H.I.
            leaders we're able to give insights that others
            find interesting and can relate to. We can
            connect the dots for them.

            And, personally, I find it freeing that I'm able
            to say things NOW that I was forbidden to say
            as a member. Well, it's not like I couldn't say
            certain things, but if I did I wouldn't be getting
            that next initiation or have as high of a position
            within the RESA Hierarchy. Everyone, in time,
            learns to keep silent in order to make rank and
            climb that ladder.

            Also, sometimes people just stumble onto this
            site while Googling ECKankar. It's too bad, though,
            that Ford doesn't join in with a pseudo name and
            share some really juicy tidbits of info on Klemp and
            Company. I think that an airing of the dirty laundry
            or a clearing of the air is needed from time to time
            by more H.I.s. It would be a mental health exercise
            of sorts. Yes, I'd like to see more ECKists come to
            this site to share their grievances of ECKankar and
            Klemp, etc. and to get our feedback. We've probably
            had similar experiences and can relate to these frustrated
            ECK H.I.s and vahanas more than Klemp or their RESAs!

            Anyone can post a message here IF they are polite
            and don't try to preach their EK crap! We've already
            been there, done that, and bought the tee shirt...
            (hat, coffee mug, and jewelry too)!

            Prometheus.

            prometheus wrote:

            > Hello Liska and All,
            > Maybe there's a new Vahana tip to sign
            > people up quickly while they're off their
            > meds! If ECKankar made more effort to
            > keep ECKists "after" they signed up they
            > might have more members, but the main
            > focus is upon new membership numbers
            > versus keeping people. The initiation game
            > with their religious/psychic promises are
            > what really attracts people and maintains
            > the membership numbers.
            >
            > Strange, too, that EK Discourses written
            > 20 or more years ago would be more appealing
            > than Klemp's current message. Not really!
            >
            > As for Marman, he needs to give the appearance
            > that he's a staunch believer in order to get away
            > with what he does. Doug's has his own followers
            > while appearing to maintain his connection with
            > Klemp. It seems his game is working. After all,
            > DM's making some money writing his books and
            > is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
            > didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
            > pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
            > that happens.
            >
            > Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
            > to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
            > copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
            > Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
            > that older plagiarized material would be a better
            > read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!
            >
            > BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
            > his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
            > in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
            > money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
            > just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
            > Should money and a personal bank account be
            > important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
            > ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does
            > with the lilies in the field.
            >
            > Prometheus

          • Leanne Thompson
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
              I will contact ESC and say I am a BITCH with God COnsciousness. Lets see what harry says to that.
              I will take over eck and let bill cosby be the leader.

              Leanne

              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
                Hello, Liska and All!

                I agree that Klemp is not likely to ever resign or step down
                from being the leader of Eckankar . . . and that is why I have
                felt he needed to put Joan in a more leadership role. If you have
                the time and don't mind the little expense, I highly recommend
                reading "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" which subtly lays the
                framework for this plan. I believe discussing this possibility here
                on ESA has slowed the process down--after all, how could
                non-eckists or former eckists have perceived this on the inner??
                It would prove that we are really hot on HK's heels regarding his scam.

                I have found it interesting that Klemp has never held a real
                job for any length of time. Is that because he was lazy or just crazy?
                Eckankar has been a real escape for him and provided a cushy
                life for him, fed his delusional ego and allowed him to get away
                with meanness and abuse of others--all in the name of being
                the highest consciousness known to mankind! LOL!

                As for participation and readership on this site, I agree with
                Prometheus that there are more people reading by far than ever
                post. Many people do not like to write or express themselves so
                openly. I have a friends' site, many members, but few actually
                post a comment--however, privately, I receive thank you's for
                maintaining it. Also, I have received a few private messages
                regarding ESA--some sharing private information they don't
                want to post openly . . .

                I'm sure that we have both favorable and unfavorable readership
                as well, but that's okay. Everyone has the right to their own
                opinions; everyone has to decide for themselves, etc. I post my
                beliefs, observations and experiences--it doesn't mean I'm right
                or wrong--I'm just pointing out my perspectives on the cult. I
                don't really care who stays or leaves eckankar, but I do care about
                presenting the Truth!

                Mish

                --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "drubezarne" <drubezarne@...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                > >
                > > The stories don't mean anything, because they are just
                > > a way for Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he
                > > can work with them on the inner.
                > >
                > > Rationale 2
                > >
                > > We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols.
                > > Then we have to interpret them according to our own
                > > sensibilities.
                > >
                > > Rationale 3
                > >
                > > Harold has to work with different states of consciousness.
                > > So, he has to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely
                > > frugal with what he reveals, and very slowly open up people
                > > to new insights.
                > >
                > > Rationale 4
                > >
                > > Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization
                > > and this group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic,
                > > and hierarchical system of Eckankar. It's not Harold's fault.
                > >
                > > So, there you have some of the hopelessly brainwashed and

              • drubezarne
                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
                  Prometheus, let's see how many are willing to (in Star Trek lingo)
                  "de-cloak". If you prefer to e-mail, that's fine too. So, are there
                  any H.I.'s or former H.I.'s who are unhappy with Eckankar and Harold
                  Klemp?

                  What do you think about the way H.I.'s justify Harold Klemp's shallow
                  talks? Here are the previously posted reasons again.

                • etznab18
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 28, 2011
                    Quoting:

                    ... even the lifetime memberships have to be renewed every year. What happens if that ECKankar membership isn't renewed? Even a 35 or 40 year 7th Initiate will lose initiations if their membership lapses!
                    Why is that? Where's the "inner" connection?

                    *********

                    About the lifetime memberships, is that true? No renewal, no membership?

                    I'm wondering if the same applies as with other memberships. Where one can go inactive (have a "rest period") for up to five years but, without renewal, they eventually become non-members.