Skip to search.

Re: ECKists Have Lowered Standards With Klemp

    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hi Liska and All,
      I, too, have heard stories from recent
      Seminar attendees. They have returned
      home somewhat depressed or sick, but
      then felt the need to rationalize the negative
      effects. This is denial because, normally,
      ECKists are on a Seminar "high" for at
      least a few days, but Not this time!

      Apparently, Klemp's talk was even
      more nonsensical and more devoid of
      spirituality than usual! Klemp's "message"
      is getting more and more mundane as
      he seems to age before one's eyes! Some
      ECKists probably thought he looked buff
      or had gained some weight due to the tight
      fit of his suit, but that was just his bullet
      proof vest!

      Yes, there are a lot of ECKists that need
      to be Spoon Fed (non&former-EKists too).
      Usually, there are Two Types of these Spoon-
      Fed Types. The one type is not an "active"
      ECKist. They don't volunteer or attend
      Satsang or EK functions and they don't
      read ECK materials on a regular basis.
      Yet, when they do show up they ask questions
      that show they are looking for short cuts.
      They want to be spoon-fed things that it
      took most to discover via effort.

      Then, there is the Second Spoon-Fed type.
      This Second Type is the ECK Leader who
      needs to believe everything that is promised
      and relies upon "inner" direction or "signs"
      in order to make basic decisions for their
      and their family's life. Their Religion has
      become a crutch that they have come to
      rely on. Their Souls' independence and freedom
      has been caged by dogma and false promises.
      The spiritual strength of Soul has atrophied.
      Those chelas in this Second Group have become
      even more Co-Dependent, but unlike the
      first group they use their "imaginations" and
      "scripture" and "magical thinking" to hang
      onto that sense of feeling and wonder that
      they once had when they began their spiritual
      search. They can't admit (or ego can't) that
      ECKankar was the wrong choice and that Soul
      doesn't need a religion! What's even more
      amazing is that those H.I.s who see themselves
      as being "advanced" Souls, still, seem to need
      a Religion to Follow! WHY? I think it's those
      social connections, and that ego doesn't want
      to give up those "outer" initiations, and that
      these people are fearful and lazy. They need
      to be Spoon-Fed because it's easy. This is the
      same effect that keeps the followers for the
      other religions in the world!

      True, the costs for Chelas have gone up,
      but Klemp and Company haven't earned
      the increase in costs! What makes the
      ECKankar Church so wonderful that so
      much effort is needed to promote it?
      What does ECKankar do for chelas "after"
      they have joined? They get to read Old
      Lower Plane Discourses, buy EK merchandise,
      and work (serve) toward more initiations.
      The real "Key to ECKankar" is the "surrender"
      of Free Will and critical thinking.

      Yes, Klemp, it seems, is fearful to make a
      "Change." It's ironic that last year he stated
      that "Change is Change," but where's the
      CHANGE? Where's Joan's 12th and where's
      the new, younger, energized, charismatic
      LEM? Klemp can't let go of his Power and
      there is nobody in ECKankar that can make
      him let it go! It's very sad for these ECKists,
      and I have no doubt that Klemp will, eventually,
      destroy it all... but not to worry! Harry and
      Joan and Peter will be well taken care of,
      after the fall, thanks to those "donations"
      and book sales!

      Prometheus

      drubezarne wrote:
      Prometheus, from what I gather after
      reading some posts by H.I's, Klemp's
      talk was the usual ton of stories sent
      in by eckists. A number of H.I.'s complained
      of the high cost of the internet broadcast
      in video or audio format. Others said
      the seminar costs had gone up too.

      The interesting part was how they
      searched to find justification for
      the high costs and the tons of stories.
      Their loyalty to Klemp remained resolute.

      We're basically looking at a religion
      in which most of the members
      want to be spoon fed whatever
      Klemp feels like dishing out.

      I predicted that Klemp would not
      let anybody take any leadership
      position (including his wife) that
      would threaten his own. I'm now
      going to dust off my crystal ball
      and make another prediction.

      Klemp will remain as the head
      of Eckankar until he dies. As he
      gets older, eckists will become
      even more attached to him. He
      will appear as the lovable wise
      old sage. We've seen this happen
      with other guru oriented paths
      such as Sant Mat.

      On the other hand, the Eckankar
      population is pretty old now with
      hardly any young people interested
      in joining. Also, the children of
      the old folks don't want to follow
      a dogmatic way out religion like
      Eckankar. They can see all the
      negative stuff about it on the Internet.

      Eckankar realizes that young people
      aren't joining so there's a push
      to promote it in 3rd world countries
      where people are more ignorant
      and have less access to the Internet.
      The trouble with that is in 3rd
      world countries people don't have
      the kind of money that Eckankar needs.

      So, there's hope, yet. Eckankar will
      probably die out with Klemp's passing.

      Regards
      Liska

      prometheus wrote:

> [...]
      > begin to question things (silently). Unfortunately,
      > many are caught up in playing a role for both
      > themselves and others. Ego wants to be recognized
      > and needs power and a social environment.
      > ECKankar has become a very comfortable
      > religion, especially, for the 7th initiates.
      >
      > 7ths have hit the glass ceiling and most have
      > accepted that they won't be getting an 8th (on
      > the outer). Although, the Master's 4 Discourse,
      > Lesson 3 states that 9ths need to have the third
      > and final stage for that initiation on the outer
      > as confirmation many 7ths see themselves as
      > ECK Masters without the outer confirmation
      > of a pink slip. They delude themselves on an
      > ongoing basis. Many ECKists have become
      > blind and closed minded in order to protect
      > themselves from the truth. They need to do
      > this in order to have religion work for them.
      >
      > Other H.I.s have just lowered their standards
      > and expectations. They've become complacent,
      > but still have some hope, faith, and belief that
      > what they originally bought into, years ago, is
      > still the same, or at least as valid. Yet, if these
      > chelas take a long hard look at the real proof
      > for years and years of training they will see
      > that they really have nothing except a number
      > on a membership card. And, that's a membership
      > that has to be renewed every year... even the
      > lifetime memberships have to be renewed every
      > year. What happens if that ECKankar membership
      > isn't renewed? Even a 35 or 40 year 7th Initiate
      > will lose initiations if their membership lapses!
      > Why is that? Where's the "inner" connection?
      >
      > Klemp never holds up his end of the bargain
      > does he? He never takes responsibility for
      > anything bad, but seems to like credit for
      > the good. Where have we seen this before?
      > Maybe in politics? But, ECKankar is a religion.
      > It's more than just a classification for Non-Profit
      > Tax Exempt status... it's a religion like any
      > other lower plane teaching.
      >
      > HK is supposed to protect and serve his chelas,
      > isn't he? Hmmmm, I'm not so sure that HK's
      > ever stated that his job is to "serve" his chelas.
      > But, where is that protection from disease?
      > With Klemp it seems to be a one-way street.
      > Klemp does nothing except write and lecture
      > on redundant and even stupid subjects, or
      > fragmented nonsense once or twice a year.
      > When HK is supposed to be the "highest
      > consciousness anywhere" why have ECKists
      > lowered their standards?
      >
      > I think that the lowering of standards was
      > a gradual process for EK chelas, and Klemp
      > has overstayed his time as LEM by about 15
      > years! But, nobody can do anything about it!
      > Klemp's taken all power away from the EK Board
      > and has created a different kind of ECKankar
      > based around himself, his old Christian religion
      > and upon his opinions.
      >
      > Klemp's consciousness is not in the least "high."
      > What one sees and hears is what one really gets!
      > Sure, it helps to "imagine" more, but how long
      > can one fool oneself? With some it's Forever!

    • drubezarne
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
        Hi Prometheus, Eckankar is starting a new program to get newcomers to
        sign up faster. When a newcomer comes to a presentation, they are told
        that they can join a study class right away. The newbie then gets the
        discourse in the mail shortly after signing up and starts going to a
        prearranged class.

        Harold Klemp's talks are lame, but the membership continues to try to
        justify them. Here are some excuses by H.I.'s explaining why Klemp
        doesn't give greater insights. I saw these on Doug Marman's H.I. soul
        forum.

        Rationale 1

        The stories don't mean anything, because they are just a way for
        Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he can work with them on the
        inner.

        Rationale 2

        We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols. Then we have to
        interpret them according to our own sensibilities.

        Rationale 3

        Harold has to work with different states of consciousness. So, he has
        to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely frugal with what he
        reveals, and very slowly open up people to new insights.

        Rationale 4

        Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization and this
        group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic, and
        hierarchical system of Eeckankar. It's not Harold's fault.

        So, there you have some of the hopelessly brainwashed and deluded
        H.I.'s of Eckankar.

        Regards
        Liska

        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
          Hello Liska and All,
          Maybe there's a new Vahana tip to sign
          people up quickly while they're off their
          meds! If ECKankar made more effort to
          keep ECKists "after" they signed up they
          might have more members, but the main
          focus is upon new membership numbers
          versus keeping people. The initiation game
          with their religious/psychic promises are
          what really attracts people and maintains
          the membership numbers.

          Strange, too, that EK Discourses written
          20 or more years ago would be more appealing
          than Klemp's current message. Not really!

          As for Marman, he needs to give the appearance
          that he's a staunch believer in order to get away
          with what he does. Doug's has his own followers
          while appearing to maintain his connection with
          Klemp. It seems his game is working. After all,
          DM's making some money writing his books and
          is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
          didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
          pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
          that happens.

          Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
          to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
          copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
          Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
          that older plagiarized material would be a better
          read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!

          BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
          his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
          in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
          money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
          just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
          Should money and a personal bank account be
          important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
          ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does
          with the lilies in the field.

          Prometheus

          drubezarne wrote:
[...]

          and hierarchical system of Eckankar. It's not Harold's fault.

          prometheus wrote:

> [...]
          > > But, where is that protection from disease?
          > > With Klemp it seems to be a one-way street.
          > > Klemp does nothing except write and lecture
          > > on redundant and even stupid subjects, or
          > > fragmented nonsense once or twice a year.
          > > When HK is supposed to be the "highest
          > > consciousness anywhere" why have ECKists
          > > lowered their standards?
          > >
          > > I think that the lowering of standards was
          > > a gradual process for EK chelas, and Klemp
          > > has overstayed his time as LEM by about 15
          > > years! But, nobody can do anything about it!
          > > Klemp's taken all power away from the EK Board
          > > and has created a different kind of ECKankar
          > > based around himself, his old Christian religion
          > > and upon his opinions.
          > >
          > > Klemp's consciousness is not in the least "high."
          > > What one sees and hears is what one really gets!
          > > Sure, it helps to "imagine" more, but how long
          > > can one fool oneself? With some it's Forever!

        • drubezarne
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
            Prometheus, I don't think Klemp will retire in 5 years. He's like the
            Pope and will keep his position until he dies. And why should he
            retire. He hardly does anything. Unlike most of us who have to work
            for a living, he gives a few talks put together by his staff from
            stories sent in by the membership. His books are compilations also
            assembled by his staff. So, what else does he do? In effect, he's
            already retired.

            Watching Eckankar is like observing the business of a religion. Its
            membership blindly follows a leader no matter what he says or does.
            Eckankar's promise of spiritual liberation in this lifetime is too
            much of a tempting offer to walk away from. People have a weakness for
            leaders and so Eckankar fills that need. The phony initiations have
            most of them fooled so that they think they are more spiritually
            advanced than others. Besides that they feed the ego and one should
            never underestimate the power of the ego.

            We can stand at the sidelines and throw rocks at the cult and its
            leaders, but I don't see that it's doing much good. So far, I've only
            seen one African eckist say they liked what they read on this forum.

            Regards
            Liska

            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
              Hello Liska and All,
              I agree that Klemp doesn't have
              to make much of an effort. HK uses
              many of the same brain washing and
              fear techniques while using myth,
              imagination, and unfulfillable promises
              as the rest of the religions do.

              As for there being not many people
              (including ECKists) reading this site
              that's not exactly so. There are people
              (including ECKists) that privately contact
              members of this forum, and there are
              other indications that staffers at the
              ESC read this site, as well as, other ECKists
              from other EK sites. And, we've had some
              indication that Joan and Harry peek in
              every now and then. You'd be surprised.
              After all, there's really no other site like
              this one because our main focus is on
              current happenings in ECKankar and
              with Klemp rather than Twitchell.

              Also, there was that person doing the
              report on the difference between Christianity
              and ECKankar. As former members and H.I.
              leaders we're able to give insights that others
              find interesting and can relate to. We can
              connect the dots for them.

              And, personally, I find it freeing that I'm able
              to say things NOW that I was forbidden to say
              as a member. Well, it's not like I couldn't say
              certain things, but if I did I wouldn't be getting
              that next initiation or have as high of a position
              within the RESA Hierarchy. Everyone, in time,
              learns to keep silent in order to make rank and
              climb that ladder.

              Also, sometimes people just stumble onto this
              site while Googling ECKankar. It's too bad, though,
              that Ford doesn't join in with a pseudo name and
              share some really juicy tidbits of info on Klemp and
              Company. I think that an airing of the dirty laundry
              or a clearing of the air is needed from time to time
              by more H.I.s. It would be a mental health exercise
              of sorts. Yes, I'd like to see more ECKists come to
              this site to share their grievances of ECKankar and
              Klemp, etc. and to get our feedback. We've probably
              had similar experiences and can relate to these frustrated
              ECK H.I.s and vahanas more than Klemp or their RESAs!

              Anyone can post a message here IF they are polite
              and don't try to preach their EK crap! We've already
              been there, done that, and bought the tee shirt...
              (hat, coffee mug, and jewelry too)!

              Prometheus.

              prometheus wrote:

              > Hello Liska and All,
              > Maybe there's a new Vahana tip to sign
              > people up quickly while they're off their
              > meds! If ECKankar made more effort to
              > keep ECKists "after" they signed up they
              > might have more members, but the main
              > focus is upon new membership numbers
              > versus keeping people. The initiation game
              > with their religious/psychic promises are
              > what really attracts people and maintains
              > the membership numbers.
              >
              > Strange, too, that EK Discourses written
              > 20 or more years ago would be more appealing
              > than Klemp's current message. Not really!
              >
              > As for Marman, he needs to give the appearance
              > that he's a staunch believer in order to get away
              > with what he does. Doug's has his own followers
              > while appearing to maintain his connection with
              > Klemp. It seems his game is working. After all,
              > DM's making some money writing his books and
              > is establishing a base for himself. Even if Klemp
              > didn't choose him as a replacement he could still
              > pull many ECKists away from the new LEM, whenever,
              > that happens.
              >
              > Another thing, the new LEM will have to be able
              > to write or else ECKankar will have to buy Klemp's
              > copyrighted material from him, or reprint more of
              > Twitchell's old books. Actually, doing a reprint of
              > that older plagiarized material would be a better
              > read than either Klemp's or Marman's nonsense!
              >
              > BTW- I think that Klemp is planning on selling
              > his copyrights to ECKankar before he retires...
              > in about 5 years. Does ECKankar have that much
              > money to hand out? Why wouldn't a "real" Master
              > just sign over those copyrights now and for free!
              > Should money and a personal bank account be
              > important to a Mahanta? Why not trust that the
              > ECK or Sugmad will take care of him as IT does
              > with the lilies in the field.
              >
              > Prometheus

            • Leanne Thompson
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
                I will contact ESC and say I am a BITCH with God COnsciousness. Lets see what harry says to that.
                I will take over eck and let bill cosby be the leader.

                Leanne

                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
                  Hello, Liska and All!

                  I agree that Klemp is not likely to ever resign or step down
                  from being the leader of Eckankar . . . and that is why I have
                  felt he needed to put Joan in a more leadership role. If you have
                  the time and don't mind the little expense, I highly recommend
                  reading "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" which subtly lays the
                  framework for this plan. I believe discussing this possibility here
                  on ESA has slowed the process down--after all, how could
                  non-eckists or former eckists have perceived this on the inner??
                  It would prove that we are really hot on HK's heels regarding his scam.

                  I have found it interesting that Klemp has never held a real
                  job for any length of time. Is that because he was lazy or just crazy?
                  Eckankar has been a real escape for him and provided a cushy
                  life for him, fed his delusional ego and allowed him to get away
                  with meanness and abuse of others--all in the name of being
                  the highest consciousness known to mankind! LOL!

                  As for participation and readership on this site, I agree with
                  Prometheus that there are more people reading by far than ever
                  post. Many people do not like to write or express themselves so
                  openly. I have a friends' site, many members, but few actually
                  post a comment--however, privately, I receive thank you's for
                  maintaining it. Also, I have received a few private messages
                  regarding ESA--some sharing private information they don't
                  want to post openly . . .

                  I'm sure that we have both favorable and unfavorable readership
                  as well, but that's okay. Everyone has the right to their own
                  opinions; everyone has to decide for themselves, etc. I post my
                  beliefs, observations and experiences--it doesn't mean I'm right
                  or wrong--I'm just pointing out my perspectives on the cult. I
                  don't really care who stays or leaves eckankar, but I do care about
                  presenting the Truth!

                  Mish

                  --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "drubezarne" <drubezarne@...>
                  wrote:

> [...]
                  > >
                  > > The stories don't mean anything, because they are just
                  > > a way for Harold to open everyone's hearts so that he
                  > > can work with them on the inner.
                  > >
                  > > Rationale 2
                  > >
                  > > We have to look at his stories as dreams with symbols.
                  > > Then we have to interpret them according to our own
                  > > sensibilities.
                  > >
                  > > Rationale 3
                  > >
                  > > Harold has to work with different states of consciousness.
                  > > So, he has to keep things simple, be methodical, extremely
                  > > frugal with what he reveals, and very slowly open up people
                  > > to new insights.
                  > >
                  > > Rationale 4
                  > >
                  > > Harold has been usurped by the higher ups in the organization
                  > > and this group of people is responsible for the rigid, dogmatic,
                  > > and hierarchical system of Eckankar. It's not Harold's fault.
                  > >
                  > > So, there you have some of the hopelessly brainwashed and

                • drubezarne
                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 4, 2008
                    Prometheus, let's see how many are willing to (in Star Trek lingo)
                    "de-cloak". If you prefer to e-mail, that's fine too. So, are there
                    any H.I.'s or former H.I.'s who are unhappy with Eckankar and Harold
                    Klemp?

                    What do you think about the way H.I.'s justify Harold Klemp's shallow
                    talks? Here are the previously posted reasons again.

                  • etznab18
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 28, 2011
                      Quoting:

                      ... even the lifetime memberships have to be renewed every year. What happens if that ECKankar membership isn't renewed? Even a 35 or 40 year 7th Initiate will lose initiations if their membership lapses!
                      Why is that? Where's the "inner" connection?

                      *********

                      About the lifetime memberships, is that true? No renewal, no membership?

                      I'm wondering if the same applies as with other memberships. Where one can go inactive (have a "rest period") for up to five years but, without renewal, they eventually become non-members.