Neville and Others Twitchell Borrowed From

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2008
      I thought I'd bring this informative and interesting
      post back to the front page. Prometheus

      Hello forum,

      I am a former Eckist who was in for around 14 years, more or less. I
      vowed to myself that I would one day discover where Twitchell got his
      material from, and after a long exhaustive search, I did. Working
      with professor David Lane, I uncovered the sources of many of his

      One of the books that captured my imagination was the Tigers Fang,
      particularly the parts where the Lords of various planes went off on
      long scientific sounding dialogues. This material comes straight out
      of Walter Russell's books such as; The Electric Nature of the
      Universe, The Secret of Light, and the Universal One. See Walter
      Russell Wikipedia link:

      The other main authors that he borrowed from are Julian Johnson:

      Thomas Troward:

      and Neville;

      From my research and experience, Neville was an authentic mystic. He
      went agaisnt the grain of the times by saying that the Bible was
      actually a story about the descent of each individual Soul (you and
      I) into this 3-D world of materiality, and then our eventual rise
      back into the eternal world we came from.

      Many of Neville's statements are controversial such as "The
      individual has no free will other than to chose his thoughts".
      And "Everything "happens" to us automatically". But this is actually
      being corroborated by modern neuroscience.

      Benjamin Libet's experiments using an oscilloscope clock conclusively
      demonstrated that humans act spontaneously and then become "informed"
      of their intention to act approximately 1/2 second later. Motor
      movements are initiated before a person is aware that they "want" to
      do something. This is very significant in the argument against free

      Neville suggested that the only freedom we have is to choose
      a "state" which is a set of probabilities tied to our current
      thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. Then the events and circumstances
      flow from the state which has been embraced, knowingly, or by

      I think the new Supercollider will prove some of this out if we are
      able to find dimensions of existence above the three that we know.
      Physical reality is believed to be a stand-alone construct and
      Neville disputes this saying that the universe we observe around us
      is actually propped up by a subtler and more fundamental reality.

      Neuroscience is starting to support what Neville said back in the
      sixties and seventies. It appears that there may not really be an
      external world outside of our own mental ideas, and that the universe
      appears to be "sparked" into existence in our own individual heads
      via the synapses.

      This suggests that the information that is coming into our awareness
      may be coming from a higher reality or life that we may be living,
      providing order and substance for the life we know here.

      The reason that I spent so much time researching where Twitchell got
      his material from, is that I died one night. I laid down in my bed
      and I soared above the physical universe going up through layers of
      reality, much like the planes described by Twitchell. At the top of
      my excursion, I entered what I would call the "real" world, the one I
      came from before deciding to be born. This world was an ideal world.

      I met my parents (who were living in their ideal home) and they were
      beautiful, about thirty years of age with pure glowing skin and
      glistening smiles. Everywhere in the neighborhood were pristene white
      picket fences, perfectly landscaped yards, and the feeling of joy and
      optimism was indescribable. This was not anything like a dream, in
      fact it felt like I was awake for the first time in my life.

      Neville in his writings says that after death we are restored in a
      body of youth around twenty-five years of age (healed of all
      afflictions). This has been proven out in my experience.

      Twitchell had a knack for finding good authors to borrow from.
      Eckankar, as such, has elements of truth in it, something that has
      probably confused many (like myself). Many Eckists have experienced
      these other planes like I have yet they know that Eckankar is a scam.
      This can be deeply confusing. I hope what I've posted here can help
      to make some sense of what Twitchell did in his patchwork quilt

      Chuck Stockdale