Re: Ford Johnson's book: "Confessions of a God Seeker"

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7 3:37 PM
      <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

      >Hi Mish,

      I agree with you and I am looking forward to reading the book as
      well. Maybe we could do a review of each chapter on this site.

      I mentioned to Ingrid that maybe Ford should be more selective as to
      who he invites in to his HCS. Maybe he needs a private site (within
      HCS) for those who demonstrate a higher consciousness via their
      postings to others on his BBs. Those who are truly Truth/God Seekers
      and have their egos in control, and are capable of critical thinking
      and discrimination would be allowed on that private site. Just a
      thought... do you think it would work? Do you think it would ever be
      done?

      Do you or Ingrid or anyone else out there have any ideas on the
      subject. I know its just speculation, but I wonder how one would go
      about such an endeavor? What criteria would one use?

      Prometheus

      > Hello, Ingrid and Prometheus!
      >
      > I just wanted to state once more how valuable I feel Ford
      Johnson's
      > book, "Confessions of a God Seeker" is. It is an eye opener for
      all
      > God Seekers, especially those who have been duped by Eckankar. I
      > really hope that the book will continue to be read and will help
      > free people from the deceptions and lies that are prevalent in
      > organized religions. To learn these truths, set people free. It is
      an
      > opportunity. I also like some of the ideas for mastership that
      Ford
      > suggests--not entirely, but in part. He even says that one should
      be
      > free to explore and find what is right for each individual. As to
      the
      > BBs, I am disappointed in them, but it is his playground in the
      final
      > analysis. I just commented, because it has disappointed me of
      late. I
      > do look forward to reading his new book that is about to be
      published.

      > Mish
    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10 3:23 AM
        Hello Prometheus and Mish,

        > I mentioned to Ingrid that maybe Ford should be more selective as
        > who he invites in to his HCS. Maybe he needs a private site
        (within
        > HCS) for those who demonstrate a higher consciousness via their
        > postings to others on his BBs. Those who are truly Truth/God
        Seekers
        > and have their egos in control, and are capable of critical
        thinking
        > and discrimination would be allowed on that private site. Just a
        > thought... do you think it would work? Do you think it would ever
        be
        > done?

        Well it was mentioned that there should be a private e-mail exchange
        for those who are interested more deeply in conspiracy theory. I
        think that this would be excellent. I'm a bit tired of all the
        conspiracy stuff posted there lately, and I would love to have some
        new discussion topics and see new people coming to the sites. If
        there's too much focus on one kind of topic, then it will attract
        people who are interested in that specific topic and all the others
        who would have to say interesting things, too, will stay away.

        Well, personally I think it will continue on the BBs as it was done
        in the past - conspiracy will always be a topic, and I don't think
        that there will be any splitting. Perhaps more people will stay away
        and only those who can contribute something to the conspiracy stuff
        will stay on the sites.

        > Do you or Ingrid or anyone else out there have any ideas on the
        > subject. I know its just speculation, but I wonder how one would
        go
        > about such an endeavor? What criteria would one use?

        I think that if there is a topic in which many people are interested
        it should be discussed for as much time as needed and then be
        closed. I think that it's also necessary to look for a balance in a
        broader range - who posts and which topics are mostly posted. I can
        see a clear imbalance at the moment because the same people come
        back with the same topics and take up much space on the boards. I
        can remember a time when Graham Forsyth's posts were discontinued
        because they said he posted too frequently and tried to impose his
        point of view onto others too much. Well, in my point of view -
        which is limited, of course, because I don't know what is going on
        now and what was going on behind the scene at that time - the BBs
        have come quite close to this point again.

        Well, this is just some ideas - in fact, I don't know exactly how to
        do this. Most of the time, I think, the balance comes about on its
        own and doesn't have to be watched so much.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11 11:18 PM
          Hello, Ingrid!

          I like your point of view--you have made excellent points! I think
          that the HCS and TS BBs have been on a downward spiral for some time
          now. Some of the best posters are long gone. Too bad, but perhaps
          there is a chance for renewed invigorating growth. Time will tell
          the tale! I have not liked the emphasis on conspiracy theories going
          on over there. It seemed that no matter what anyone posted, someone
          would always bring the discussion back to the same old talk about
          these theories. Very boring for sure. It kind of reminded me of a
          child who discovers that Santa Claus is a myth--he can't get over
          the reality of Santa being a myth, so he goes out into the world to
          inform everyone as though it is big news! Ha! The truth is most
          people already knew it, except for the younger little kids who
          hadn't learned the truth yet. : ) It's all rather juvenile I think
          in terms of Spiritual enlightenment.