Eckankar and Black Magic

  • drubezarne
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2008
      Most of us who left Eckankar know about Twitchell's connection with
      Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology. Twitchell admired Hubbard,
      worked for him and his organization, and rose in the ranks to become a
      "Clear".

      As a result of Twitchell's association with Ron Hubbard, he learned
      how to start his own cult, plagiarized Hubbard's works, and used his
      brainwashing/black magic techniques to try to keep people from leaving
      Eckankar or criticizing him.

      What most people don't realize is that Ron Hubbard studied Aleister
      Crowley's works and generously borrowed ideas from and admired
      Crowley"s writings. If you google Aleister Crowley you will find a
      great amount of information about his involvement with the occult and
      magic (he spelled it magick). It's interesting to note that in Letters
      to Gail, Twitchell recommended one of Crowley's books.

      If you go to the following site you should see a number of familiar
      terms and concepts used by Crowley, Hubbard, and Twitchell such as
      MEST (matter, energy, space, and time) and out of body experiences.

      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/1896/achubbard.html

      Regards
      Liska
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21 6:08 PM
        FYI- To Join this Site simply
        POST a request and/or some
        background as to why you
        want to join and something
        about Eckankar or Klemp.

        OR, just POST a response
        to something without joining.

        Your POST will show up as
        PENDING and I will either
        approve of it or delete it.
        It depends. Most posts get
        approved.

        The POST function is in the
        column to the left. If choosing
        to become a member of ESA
        you will more than likely be
        moderated for a while... or not!

        BTW- Sorry, Morningstara,
        for not taking your email
        address out of the forward.
        Yes, some of the more anal
        members of the RESA Police
        will be watching. It's possible
        you might not get that next
        initiation (anyway) and/or
        if you are in a "settler" position
        within your Satsang Society
        you might not be asked to
        serve next year. This is about
        the time of year (prior to Oct. 22)
        that ECKists are approached
        to serve as a volunteer/leader
        (coordinator/director/Board
        Member or Trustee) within
        their local/state Satsang
        Society region.

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24 10:39 AM
          Hello Moringstara and All,
          It always made me wonder
          how some people were suckered
          into Eckankar. All are pretty
          much NEW AGE types, but
          what else do they have in
          common?

          Of course the African chelas
          have a totally different take
          on this and are more superstitious
          and look to natural elements,
          signs, and remedies. They mix
          Eckankar with local superstitions,
          voo-doo, Black Magic and a
          hodge-podge of things to make
          their special elixir work for them.

          ECKists are very disenfranchised
          with their parents' religion because
          faith and belief were emphasized
          versus a Gnostic (esoteric mystical
          knowledge) experience. However,
          Eckists have come full circle. Klemp
          has returned them to their parents'
          religion and the need to have faith
          and belief. The promises haven't
          materialized. EKists can only imagine
          and pretend to a certain degree
          and for a limited time until they
          are forced to see the Truth. But
          even then it's difficult to get beyond
          the years of habitual delusion.

          What else could have suckered
          people into Eckankar?

          What types seek New Age Religions,
          what are the factors: gullibility;
          innocence; being too trusting;
          naivety; eagerness to expand
          awareness; an innate spiritual
          hunger; inexperience with religious
          beliefs; distrust of orthodox
          religions; association to metaphysics;
          contact with Eastern thought;
          curiosity about the spiritual;
          wholistic and natural or nature
          based thought and diet; a need
          to be non-conformists!

          It's fun to be different and somewhat
          private with your (inner) beliefs,
          until, you're forced (intimidated)
          to become missionaries (vahanas)
          and a member of a free sales staff.
          One sells and promotes Eckankar
          by leaving out important information
          because peoples' consciousness
          can't handle it! The Truth is that
          people are taken back, defensive,
          and even offended when suddenly
          shown the full view of the EK scam.

          But, Intros and Talks need to be
          done, and done well, in order to
          get you noticed and recommended
          for more Outer initiations these lead
          to a higher status with more work
          and responsibility and to a greater
          but imagined spiritual awareness.
          It's an Ego trap. It has nothing to
          do with inner spirituality. It's all
          an outer, subjective, and ego
          driven show taking place. It's
          a pyramid scheme except you're
          only left holding an empty bag.

          EK, also, fits well with the artsy-fartsy
          types and the rebels of society, but
          what about those business professionals
          and science or analytically minded
          ECKists? I always wondered why those
          with such a clever and knowledgable
          mind allowed themselves to be suckered
          by the Mahanta dribble.

          BTW, Morningstara, I'm sometimes
          in contact with David Lane and
          if Harold said that David supports
          Eckankar he did lie. David does
          support those involved with the
          'Sound Current' per se, as does
          Sant Mat which David is involved
          with, but he does Not support
          Klemp's/Twitchell's adulterated
          version of Sant Mat via the Mahanta
          scam. Thus, Lane doesn't support
          Eckankar since the 14th Initiate
          Mahanta and Inner Master belief/
          fantasy is the foundation of
          Eckankar's religious system.

          No! Klemp is Not loving or naive.
          He has no Empathy! Just read his
          books and look for it... it's missing!
          No, if Klemp loves God it's because
          he sees himself as God. HK's delusional,
          is mean-spirited, petty, and holds
          grudges. These are not the indicators
          of a 'spiritual' man nor of someone
          'advanced.' Plus, he's a chauvinist
          as was Paul and Darwin! Let the
          women do the heavy lifting and
          give the men the credit. Sure, throw
          out a few crumbs (7th, 8th and 9th
          initiations) but don't make anyone
          else an EK Master even if women
          can't become the LEM/Mahanta.
          Why's that? It's because Klemp wants
          to be far above the heads of anyone
          else in the org and enjoys being
          worshipped. Don't fool yourself
          into believing that Klemp isn't in
          charge.

          Klemp has the ability to hire
          and fire without Board approval.

          Klemp feigns humility by saying
          he's not to be worshipped while
          doing everything possible To Be
          Worshipped. This keeps ECKists
          off-balanced and confused as
          does his other double-speak
          and contradictory actions. It's
          all a part of playing-the-game,
          pretending (As If), and acting
          in a role expected of him.

          Klemp learned How To Play-The-
          Game (his own words) in order
          to trick the psychiatrist and be
          released early from the mental
          institution he was committed to
          back in the early '70s.

          The less contact with the public
          the better. This helps Klemp to
          hide behind the curtain or facade
          he has built. Why doesn't a
          'Modern Prophet' give prophesy?

          This fraud is, also, why Klemp
          doesn't promote Eckankar via
          a radio program... it's a double
          standard where he gets to be
          a recluse and 'write' his books,
          using other peoples stories and/
          or editorializing, while expecting
          EKists to do the dirty/hard work.

          The accolades and "awards" HK's
          books receive are from the same
          local organization that publishers
          pay to belong to. Klemp, also,
          paid a fee to be listed in the
          International Who's Who of
          Intellectuals, although, Klemp's
          I.Q., education, and intellectual
          achievements are subpar to
          that of any true intellectual.

          I'm still waiting to see when
          Klemp/ the ESC will share
          their financial information.
          Usually the local Satsangs
          will show their funds and
          expenditures but the ESC
          doesn't! As Below, So Above?
          No, but the ESC approves
          of the Satsang Societies
          and RESAs showing their
          funds while they don't!

          The RESAs seem to
          accept this generalized
          one dimensional view
          of ESC expenditures that
          Peter sometimes shares
          with them and the membership.

          Yet, the EK Board and
          the RESAs know nothing
          about payroll and salaries
          or of property, cash and
          stocks owned by the Klemp's
          or Peter Skelsky. The EK
          Board probably knows about
          business assets and certain
          expenditures, staff health
          care costs and retirement
          plans, rental cars, donations,
          maintenance costs, utilities,
          etc. but I doubt they see
          the additional perks, investment
          properties, and vacation costs
          that Klemp hides from them.

          After all, Klemp, as the Sole
          (legal) Member of Eckankar,
          isn't required, by law, to reveal
          much of anything.

          Prometheus

          From: morningstara

          > Hi everyone,
          > I have visited these 'anti-Eck' sites for a while seeing what's out there. I'm
          still a member but never bought into the Mahanta stuff as the one and only in
          all the universes...the ONLY one. And NONE of the HI's I talk with think that
          either--in private. So--I think we all come to what we can 'digest' thru
          whatever experiences we have with this path. I have had AMAZING experiences,
          life saving ones. BUT none of those experiences except one had ANYTHING to do
          with the Master and dogma of Eckankar. As a member, I attributed these
          experiences to the Mahanta. UNTIL 2004 when I had an inner experience where I
          asked the LEM a question. His reply? "See you next lifetime, U ask too many
          questions." He turned and drove away (uphill) after sending me into a black PIT
          where I awoke SCREAMING for the ONE and ONLY time in my life.

          > This is when I realized things are NOT as they appear and there is a darkness
          in Eckankar that I never wanted to look at. Devastation. It took me years to
          find my way out of that blackness.

          > I heard Harold say at a seminar 2 years ago that "David Lane now quietly
          supports us." Well, I've emailed Mr. Lane so did asap to confirm--of course he
          said HUH? So either Harold knowingly LIED or is being spoon fed. My take is that
          the UPPER STAFF is corrupt to the core, power hungry and DARK now. Didn't used
          to be! Harold vainly tries to bend the Eck to 90 degrees, changing it to a
          'religion'--as in his dream before he became Master--but the eck ALWAYS flows
          straight, as it had for eons before him in HIS dream.

          He was WARNED and didn't get it I think! Manipulation of the Eck is BLACK MAGIC
          in a nutshell. Telling it where to go -we as Eckists are TOLD never to
          manipulate the Eck to do our
          bidding, but ISN'T THAT EXACTLY WHAT HAROLD IS DOING, since he actually 'saw'
          his mission as a bend?

          Perhaps that is why he has been so ill, so weak?

          Does he even realize what has happened? I don't think so. I think Harold is a
          loving,
          naive man who loves God and is in the grips of the dark black magic power hungry
          staff. Whatchatink?

          As for Africa, I saw a picture of the Eck temple theree with its roof caved in
          from poor construction a friend who visited took, tried to get Eckankar staff to
          SEE that is is a SCAM, and Many African Eckists are MIXING black magic with the
          HU etc to get what they want...he was rejected. Hmmm. (Africa brings in $?) I
          actually saw a doctored pic of an African temple where if you looked CLOSELY,
          the parking lot lights were actually tree trunks photoshopped. They were asking
          for temple funding! When I pointed it out in an answering email--NEVER got a
          reply! Hmmmmm
        • Janice Pfeiffer
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30 2:36 PM
            It is interesting to know what draws people in.  I think for me, I was at a point where I had explored so many kinds of spiritual concepts and had become disenchanted with all of them and I grew tired of looking.  And Christianity which I had been made aware o first of course, just didn't give the answers to life's greatest questions at all.  It can be uncomfortable when you get to the point that you can't relate to any particular spiritual path.  The feeling of aloneness was the biggest motivator to join the org.  In the early days I remember hoping very much that I had found my place and my people.  That is the reason I held on so long and kept trying to make sense of the lack of spiritual things I saw in the org.  I am glad to say that whereas before the org, I was uncomfortable with being different,  getting an up close look at a group which claimed to be the elite in spirituality and seeing the fakery, has caused me to get more comfortable with being me on my own.  I no longer feel the need to be part of something because I made a valiant attempt in the org and the whole thing got really ridiculous.  I got what I needed however.  Now I am okay with out any group except that being here in this group has shown me there are others like me in that respect who just can't buy the bull being dished out by the so called elite of spirituality. I think it may have been entirely different for me if I had read abut the org before coming into contact with it.  But even though I don't actively look for spiritual likeness any more from others, I have found that experiences have create more of feeling of connectivity to humanity in general with out needing to have absolute agreement.  The amazing part for me is that even though my org experience was negative because of it's people, I am easier and more accepting of others in general now because I am not desperately looking for self confirmation.  So I am grateful to the org for the growth I feel I got but not for the binding reasons they would have preferred.  I am more free than ever because I saw a true example of what it is like to be in a spiritually and emotionally controlling group who has no  purpose but to enrich the finances of it's leaders by enslaving people through brain washing to serve it.  I am grateful to the org for showing me the worst and the most conniving habits of man kind.  Now I am free from the fear of finding something worse.   It's like being able to say no to the devil I was taught to fear as a kid.

            From: morningstara