Re: Another Twitchell Plagiarized Book Available Online

  • drubezarne
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2008
      Prometheus
      Thanks for posting that Goldsmith link and all the work you're doing
      to bring out the truth about the pernicious nature of Eckankar and its
      leader.

      I plan to scan and upload the final two books mentioned on:

      http://vclass.mtsac.edu:930/phil/center.htm

      They are Neville's The Power of Awareness and Awakened Imagination.
      ESA will then have the links to all the known plagiarized books that
      Twitchell used to start his own religion. If anybody knows of others,
      please let me know so that I can scan and upload them.

      Because consciousness is easily conditioned through suggestion, many
      eckists think the Mahanta and the Eck Masters are real. Twitchell who
      had trained under Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology learned all
      the tricks of hypnotism and autosuggestion. He used these very
      effectively when he formed Eckankar. For example, throughout the
      writings he urges his followers not to read any other works except the
      ones he wrote for at least the first 2 years. He knew this was enough
      time to condition the consciousness so that it would accept any of his
      suggestions willingly.

      To make sure the autosuggestions stuck, Twitchell reinforced it with
      dire warnings and threats should anybody have the nerve to leave
      Eckankar or dare criticize him. He even went so far as to warn H.I.s
      that they would have to reincarnate in the mineral form if they dared
      to leave Eckankar.

      The subtle mind control continues today under Klemp who wants to keep
      all followers dependent on him. He does this by slowing down
      initiations and refusing to say that at some point one doesn't need a
      master.

      Regards
      Liska