Re: Hey Chela Chat: Don't Shoot the Messenger!

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 5, 2008
      Hello Etznab and All,
      Just because you're not an H.I. doesn't
      mean you can't join. What do they require
      for membership... a quote from the most
      recent H.I. Letter?

      I guess they, also, may want your "real name"
      and location so they can ask around about
      you. Still, there are many H.I.s who aren't
      in the EK spotlight and don't want to be.
      They want their privacy.

      And, I'm not sure that the ESC would provide
      them membership info. Eckankar membership
      info and one's "rank" are supposed to remain
      private. Of course I could be wrong as to what
      membership info is being shared. Klemp has
      never really been specific on anything.

      After all, at one time, ECKists were supposed
      to keep their "spiritual stories" private as well,
      and we can see how Klemp has "changed" that
      policy too!

      Prometheus

      etznab@... wrote:

      > Liska,
      >
      > Thanks for sharing about that. I had no
      > idea it existed.
      >
      > No, I don't think they would let me join.
      > I'm not a H.I.
      >
      > Etznab

      Re: Hey Chela Chat: Don't Shoot the Messenger!

      No, it's a Yahoo group that's only accessible
      to H.I.s they invite. I don't know what they're
      up to with this new forum group. Maybe they
      will let you join and you can tell us about it.
      The Yahoo group has been in existence for
      about 10 years. They claim to have over 90
      H.I.s. I think that they're also counting people
      like me that have left soul forum. H.I.s are
      susceptible to ego stroking like having
      titles, duties, and sacred duties (ha ha).
      You can see why they would find a secret
      forum with an elitist flavor delightful.

      Regards

      Liska