Re: Soultraveler 2

  • drubezarne
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
      It looks like the same person that posted the background about
      Eckankar also had some insights on the life of Twitchell. Here's the
      link...

      http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1400

      In this post, the writer attempts to justify Twitchell's lies by
      saying it was the right thing to do because they bring out truth. In
      essence, the author says that it's OK to lie and deceive people in
      order to help them get spiritual enlightenment. The trouble with that
      argument is that instead of bringing enlightenment, Twitchell has
      implanted false ideas and an idealism with no basis in truth. As a
      result, most people in Eckankar live in a world of illusion and not
      realization. They strive after initiations which only promote vanity,
      they toil for an organization which only creates attachment, they
      believe in mythical Eck Masters which create more attachments to
      personalities, and they attempt to serve and place their attention on
      a made-up Mahanta which takes them further from the I AM.

      Remember the old Eckankar cliche' that says when you have to make a
      decision, try to put yourself in the Master's shoes and think about
      what the Mahanta would do? When people try to emulate an ideal in the
      form of the current Master, they often take on both the positive and
      negative traits of that leader. Many of us have seen some of Klemp's
      angry and vain pronouncements. His followers may think this is right
      and thus we see how so many eckists become judgmental, are easy to
      anger when someone questions their religion, and/or become vain due to
      their elitist path and fake initiations.

      Regards
      Liska
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
        When rereading what this person said
        shows me that he contradicted himself
        and made his own speculations and
        assumptions. In any case I don't believe
        that Gail was as innocent as she is portrayed.

        Gail was the one that encouraged Paul
        to use his "researched" materials to start
        a religion. She, also, betrayed Paul when
        she had an affair with Darwin. After she
        divorced Darwin she made sure that she
        was paid for the copyrighted EK works
        that Paul had gathered and written. Then
        she marries a rich guy and moves to Palm
        Springs. After he dies she then marries
        another wealthy man! BTW- Darwin was
        a womanizer before, during, and after
        his marriage to Gail. And we can't say
        much for Klemp or Joan either can we!

        What's really funny is that Marman got
        Gail to make a recommendation for his
        book on PT. And Marman also got the
        scifi writer Brad Steiger to endorse his
        book when Steiger lied about his claims
        regarding Twitchell contained within
        "In My Soul I Am Free." It makes one
        wonder which Eckankar that Marman
        is writing about when former ECKists
        (Patti Simpson too) are helping him to
        promote this book! Some people will
        do anything for money and fame!

        Prometheus

        "...Darwin found out the truth about Paul
        and his teachings. He discovered the device
        that he as the Mahanta was created from.
        This was Darwin's betrayal. His Master was
        no longer the great Paul who had always
        been there for him. Now he knew the truth!.

        Darwin began to realize how the mind works
        with regard to creating him as the Godman,
        all the things that you read in the earlier
        chapters were now becoming apparent to
        Darwin. This was the reason for Gail and
        him breaking up. Darwin could not handle
        that he was a normal person and not the
        GODMAN that we had made him out to be.

        To go into all the problems that this
        raised with him and Gail would be crazy,
        and speculation.

        The "truth," is ultimately what destroyed
        their relationship.

        Now I could say that Darwin because of
        this betrayal went off the deep end and
        started chasing women, drinking, having
        emotional outbursts, doing money deals,
        and not acting like the GODMAN that he
        thought he was,

        BUT! well I did say that didn't I,

        this was because it did happen
        almost just like that.

        The politics of Eck began to surface now,
        and the chelas were privy to a lot of what
        was going on mostly in rumors and so forth.

        The teaching was the same but now the
        delivery was changing. [....] I feel that
        the shock of what Paul had done was
        more than he could handle. [....]"

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
          Do you imagine there were other people
          involved in this "disservice" that might
          have made it easier for certain things to
          happen?

          I don't see Paul having the same style
          in the later years as in the beginning.
          (By beginning I mean Letters to Gail,
          Vol. One).

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
            Liska,

            There was some interesting history in those
            two posts. I, like yourself, didn't agree with all
            of the writer's assessments.

            It sounded like the writer was from the "old
            school" which, IMO, doesn't have the same
            perspective as compared with a lot of newer
            members (people who find Eckankar today).

            What caught my attention was the "shock"
            caused from finding out about some of those
            fictions years after the fact. How it impacted
            the leader of Eckankar (at the time) himself,
            if you believe some of what the post shared.

            I just wrote about this "shock" factor over
            on A.R.E. (at bottom of the "Popular Terms"
            thread). So far, I don't know if anybody there
            wants to discuss this topic.

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
              Prometheus,

              Your last paragraph contained some things
              (and people) that I wonder about too.

              assumptions. In any case I don't believe

              that Gail was as innocent as she is portrayed.

              Gail was the one that encouraged Paul

              to use his "researched" materials to start

              a religion. She, also, betrayed Paul when

              she had an affair with Darwin. After she

              divorced Darwin she made sure that she

              was paid for the copyrighted EK works

              that Paul had gathered and written. Then

              she marries a rich guy and moves to Palm

              Springs. After he dies she then marries

              another wealthy man! BTW- Darwin was

              a womanizer before, during, and after

              his marriage to Gail. And we can't say

              much for Klemp or Joan either can we!

              What's really funny is that Marman got

              Gail to make a recommendation for his

              book on PT. And Marman also got the

              scifi writer Brad Steiger to endorse his

              book when Steiger lied about his claims

              regarding Twitchell contained within

              "In My Soul I Am Free." It makes one0D

[...]

              =0