Re: Soultraveler

  • drubezarne
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
      Etznab, thanks for that insightful post by Soultraveler on The Truth
      Seeker site. I agree with the writer except for the part about Paul
      just wanting to bring the Light and Sound to the world. The ends don't
      always justify the means. By plagiarizing, making up things like Eck
      Masters, and putting himself between God and Soul as the Mahanta, Paul
      did a great disservice to all of us.

      Putting himself at the head of his made up religion showed his selfish
      motives and dishonest nature. Think of what he could have done if he
      had only been honest, gave credit to other authors, and only referred
      to himself as a writer. Instead, he lied and misrepresented himself -
      all for money and power. In essence, he laid the foundation for a
      pernicious corrupting cult.

      Regards
      Liska

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D."
      <etznab@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > would be drawn into the picture and her
      > life would be hell. Gail figured out a
      > way to extricate herself from Eckankar.
      > She even put together a plan to gain from
      > Paul's old letters, drafts, and memoirs.
      > I can't say it was blackmail, but it
      > certainly was a mutually agreed upon
      > transaction between Eck Org and Gail.
      > It was important to have these documents
      > placed where they could do no damage. A
      > deal was struck and Gail in her quiet way
      > left with a 1/2 million dollars. Eckankar
      > now could suppress the information that
      > Paul left in Gail's hands. Gail re-married
      > to a wealthy gentlemen and lives down south
      > in California near her twin sister. On the
      > surface it looks like Gail really suckered
      > everyone and made out very well. But the
      > intentions of Gail in the beginning were
      > not one of deceit. She was dragged into
      > the scenario and accepted and justified
      > what Paul was doing mainly because of her
      > lack of judgment or foresight. Once it
      > started going bad, she had already succ-
      > umbed to the fear and negative nature
      > that had been created deep down inside
      > of her. Eckankar Organization wanted her
      > out of the picture and they figured out
      > a way to get their goals achieved. [....]"
      >
      > *********
      >
      > Some of that quote might appear apol-
      > ogetic, but in context to the entire post
      > I see it a little differently.
      > Another quote from that very long post:
      >
      > ""[....] When Gail and Darwin announced
      > their divorce it was like someone had hit
      > you in the chest Hard!. How could this
      > happen? from this event questions began
      > to surface, the downfall of Eck was just
      > starting to raise its ugly head. What
      > really happened is quite simple, Darwin
      > found out the truth about Paul and his
      > teachings. He discovered the device that
      > he as the Mahanta was created from. This
      > was Darwin's betrayal. His Master was no
      > longer the great Paul who had always been
      > there for him. Now he knew the truth!.
      > Darwin began to realize how the mind works
      > with regard to creating him as the Godman,
      > all the things that you read in the earlier
      > chapters were now becoming apparent to
      > Darwin. This was the reason for Gail and
      > him breaking up. Darwin could not handle
      > that he was a normal person and not the
      > GODMAN that we had made him out to be.
      > To go into all the problems that this
      > raised with him and Gail would be crazy,
      > and speculation. The "truth," is ultim-
      > ately what destroyed their relationship.
      > Now I could say that Darwin because of
      > this betrayal went off the deep end and
      > started chasing women, drinking, having
      > emotional outbursts, doing money deals,
      > and not acting like the GODMAN that he
      > thought he was, BUT! well I did say that
      > didn't I, this was because it did happen
      > almost just like that. The politics of
      > Eck began to surface now, and the chelas
      > were privy to a lot of what was going on
      > mostly in rumors and so forth. The
      > teaching was the same but now the del-
      > ivery was changing. [....] I feel that
      > the shock of what Paul had done was more

    • drubezarne
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
        It looks like the same person that posted the background about
        Eckankar also had some insights on the life of Twitchell. Here's the
        link...

        http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1400

        In this post, the writer attempts to justify Twitchell's lies by
        saying it was the right thing to do because they bring out truth. In
        essence, the author says that it's OK to lie and deceive people in
        order to help them get spiritual enlightenment. The trouble with that
        argument is that instead of bringing enlightenment, Twitchell has
        implanted false ideas and an idealism with no basis in truth. As a
        result, most people in Eckankar live in a world of illusion and not
        realization. They strive after initiations which only promote vanity,
        they toil for an organization which only creates attachment, they
        believe in mythical Eck Masters which create more attachments to
        personalities, and they attempt to serve and place their attention on
        a made-up Mahanta which takes them further from the I AM.

        Remember the old Eckankar cliche' that says when you have to make a
        decision, try to put yourself in the Master's shoes and think about
        what the Mahanta would do? When people try to emulate an ideal in the
        form of the current Master, they often take on both the positive and
        negative traits of that leader. Many of us have seen some of Klemp's
        angry and vain pronouncements. His followers may think this is right
        and thus we see how so many eckists become judgmental, are easy to
        anger when someone questions their religion, and/or become vain due to
        their elitist path and fake initiations.

        Regards
        Liska
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
          When rereading what this person said
          shows me that he contradicted himself
          and made his own speculations and
          assumptions. In any case I don't believe
          that Gail was as innocent as she is portrayed.

          Gail was the one that encouraged Paul
          to use his "researched" materials to start
          a religion. She, also, betrayed Paul when
          she had an affair with Darwin. After she
          divorced Darwin she made sure that she
          was paid for the copyrighted EK works
          that Paul had gathered and written. Then
          she marries a rich guy and moves to Palm
          Springs. After he dies she then marries
          another wealthy man! BTW- Darwin was
          a womanizer before, during, and after
          his marriage to Gail. And we can't say
          much for Klemp or Joan either can we!

          What's really funny is that Marman got
          Gail to make a recommendation for his
          book on PT. And Marman also got the
          scifi writer Brad Steiger to endorse his
          book when Steiger lied about his claims
          regarding Twitchell contained within
          "In My Soul I Am Free." It makes one
          wonder which Eckankar that Marman
          is writing about when former ECKists
          (Patti Simpson too) are helping him to
          promote this book! Some people will
          do anything for money and fame!

          Prometheus

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
            Do you imagine there were other people
            involved in this "disservice" that might
            have made it easier for certain things to
            happen?

            I don't see Paul having the same style
            in the later years as in the beginning.
            (By beginning I mean Letters to Gail,
            Vol. One).

            <etznab@...> wrote:

            >=2
            0 Do any of you remember Soultraveler

            > from the old TS BB?

            > I came across a couple posts today

            > that appeared most interesting to me.

            > This poster appeared to be someone

            > who was there and knew a number of the

            > earlier members of Eckankar. I got the

            > distinct impression they had a lot of

            > inside information & decided to share

            > it on TheTruth-Seeker.

            > What I found most amazing were the

            > events of Eckankar history described.

            > Most of what I have shared from my

            > own research had to be qualified as

            > assumptions, or suspicions illustrated

            > in the form of questions. To be honest

            > I had to put it this way because I was

            > not a part of Eckankar in the 60s and

            > 70's. Not even the early 80s. However,

            > I just saw much of what I suspected &

            > would have guessed about the History

            > of Eckankar. I saw it shared by some-

            > one who was there and had spoken with

            > people who were there in the formative

            > years of Eckankar.

            > I would just like to add that my own

            > research concurs with much of what got

            > illustrated by Soultraveler in the TS

            > post here:

            http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanil
            laforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1421

            > It was not until 1987 when I came

            > to join Eckankar. I had to look at &

            > try to piece together what a number

            > of people in Eckankar already knew -

            > and for whatever reasons didn't want

            > to talk much about it.

            > For some time now I've felt that a

            > lot more things would make sense if I

            > only had the missing history. And, IMO,

            > that post by Soultraveler shared a lot

            > in the way of missing history for some-

            > one like myself who had not a way to

            > verify what even my own investigations

            > were pointing to. Soultraveler writes:

            > "[....] Truth Destroyed" With Eckankar

            > now down-spiraling into a psychic hole,

            > things could only get worse, which they

            > did. Gail after the divorce from Darwin,

            > knew that the cat was out of the bag. It

            > would only be a matter of time before all

            > the fabrications and creativity of Paul's

            > would be exposed. Once this was done she

            > would be drawn into the picture and her

            > life would be hell. Gail figured out a

            > way to extricate herself from Eckankar.

            > She even put together a plan to gain from

            > Paul's old letters, drafts, and memoirs.

            > I can't say it was blackmail, but it

            =0

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
              Liska,

              There was some interesting history in those
              two posts. I, like yourself, didn't agree with all
              of the writer's assessments.

              It sounded like the writer was from the "old
              school" which, IMO, doesn't have the same
              perspective as compared with a lot of newer
              members (people who find Eckankar today).

              What caught my attention was the "shock"
              caused from finding out about some of those
              fictions years after the fact. How it impacted
              the leader of Eckankar (at the time) himself,
              if you believe some of what the post shared.

              I just wrote about this "shock" factor over
              on A.R.E. (at bottom of the "Popular Terms"
              thread). So far, I don't know if anybody there
              wants to discuss this topic.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
                Prometheus,

                Your last paragraph contained some things
                (and people) that I wonder about too.

                assumptions. In any case I don't believe

                that Gail was as innocent as she is portrayed.

                Gail was the one that encouraged Paul

                to use his "researched" materials to start

                a religion. She, also, betrayed Paul when

                she had an affair with Darwin. After she

                divorced Darwin she made sure that she

                was paid for the copyrighted EK works

                that Paul had gathered and written. Then

                she marries a rich guy and moves to Palm

                Springs. After he dies she then marries

                another wealthy man! BTW- Darwin was

                a womanizer before, during, and after

                his marriage to Gail. And we can't say

                much for Klemp or Joan either can we!

                What's really funny is that Marman got

                Gail to make a recommendation for his

                book on PT. And Marman also got the

                scifi writer Brad Steiger to endorse his

                book when Steiger lied about his claims

                regarding Twitchell contained within

                "In My Soul I Am Free." It makes one0D