Soultraveler

  • D.R.D.
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2008

      that post by Soultraveler shared a lot
      in the way of missing history for some-
      one like myself who had not a way to
      verify what even my own investigations
      were pointing to. Soultraveler writes:

      "[....] Truth Destroyed" With Eckankar
      now down-spiraling into a psychic hole,
      things could only get worse, which they
      did. Gail after the divorce from Darwin,
      knew that the cat was out of the bag. It
      would only be a matter of time before all
      the fabrications and creativity of Paul's
      would be exposed. Once this was done she
      would be drawn into the picture and her
      life would be hell. Gail figured out a
      way to extricate herself from Eckankar.
      She even put together a plan to gain from
      Paul's old letters, drafts, and memoirs.
      I can't say it was blackmail, but it
      certainly was a mutually agreed upon
      transaction between Eck Org and Gail.
      It was important to have these documents
      placed where they could do no damage. A
      deal was struck and Gail in her quiet way
      left with a 1/2 million dollars. Eckankar
      now could suppress the information that
      Paul left in Gail's hands. Gail re-married
      to a wealthy gentlemen and lives down south
      in California near her twin sister. On the
      surface it looks like Gail really suckered
      everyone and made out very well. But the
      intentions of Gail in the beginning were
      not one of deceit. She was dragged into
      the scenario and accepted and justified
      what Paul was doing mainly because of her
      lack of judgment or foresight. Once it
      started going bad, she had already succ-
      umbed to the fear and negative nature
      that had been created deep down inside
      of her. Eckankar Organization wanted her
      out of the picture and they figured out
      a way to get their goals achieved. [....]"

      *********

      Some of that quote might appear apol-
      ogetic, but in context to the entire post
      I see it a little differently.
      Another quote from that very long post:

      ""[....] When Gail and Darwin announced
      their divorce it was like someone had hit
      you in the chest Hard!. How could this
      happen? from this event questions began
      to surface, the downfall of Eck was just
      starting to raise its ugly head. What
      really happened is quite simple, Darwin
      found out the truth about Paul and his
      teachings. He discovered the device that
      he as the Mahanta was created from. This
      was Darwin's betrayal. His Master was no
      longer the great Paul who had always been
      there for him. Now he knew the truth!.
      Darwin began to realize how the mind works
      with regard to creating him as the Godman,
      all the things that you read in the earlier
      chapters were now becoming apparent to
      Darwin. This was the reason for Gail and
      him breaking up. Darwin could not handle
      that he was a normal person and not the
      GODMAN that we had made him out to be.
      To go into all the problems that this
      raised with him and Gail would be crazy,
      and speculation. The "truth," is ultim-
      ately what destroyed their relationship.
      Now I could say that Darwin because of
      this betrayal went off the deep end and
      started chasing women, drinking, having
      emotional outbursts, doing money deals,
      and not acting like the GODMAN that he
      thought he was, BUT! well I did say that
      didn't I, this was because it did happen
      almost just like that. The politics of
      Eck began to surface now, and the chelas
      were privy to a lot of what was going on
      mostly in rumors and so forth. The
      teaching was the same but now the del-
      ivery was changing. [....] I feel that
      the shock of what Paul had done was more
      than he could handle. [....]"

      http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1421

      I would mostly have to concur with
      those opinions. I would also add that
      "shock" and it's aftermath was not only
      felt by Darwin. I suspect that Harold
      Klemp and other members have felt some
      of that "shock" as well!

      In fact, this type of "shock" is
      not hard to find, IMO. I see it when
      pointing at Eckankar history - the
      truth - with other members who can't
      handle the truth. Who go out of their
      ways to avoid it at all costs. This
      is not gonna go on forever, IMO. And
      I suspect there is a very good chance
      that history is about to repeat itself.
      All because people didn't know how to
      "handle" the truth.

      Etznab
    • drubezarne
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
        Etznab, thanks for that insightful post by Soultraveler on The Truth
        Seeker site. I agree with the writer except for the part about Paul
        just wanting to bring the Light and Sound to the world. The ends don't
        always justify the means. By plagiarizing, making up things like Eck
        Masters, and putting himself between God and Soul as the Mahanta, Paul
        did a great disservice to all of us.

        Putting himself at the head of his made up religion showed his selfish
        motives and dishonest nature. Think of what he could have done if he
        had only been honest, gave credit to other authors, and only referred
        to himself as a writer. Instead, he lied and misrepresented himself -
        all for money and power. In essence, he laid the foundation for a
        pernicious corrupting cult.

        Regards
        Liska

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D."
        <etznab@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Darwin. This was the reason for Gail and
        > him breaking up. Darwin could not handle
        > that he was a normal person and not the
        > GODMAN that we had made him out to be.
        > To go into all the problems that this
        > raised with him and Gail would be crazy,
        > and speculation. The "truth," is ultim-
        > ately what destroyed their relationship.
        > Now I could say that Darwin because of
        > this betrayal went off the deep end and
        > started chasing women, drinking, having
        > emotional outbursts, doing money deals,
        > and not acting like the GODMAN that he
        > thought he was, BUT! well I did say that
        > didn't I, this was because it did happen
        > almost just like that. The politics of
        > Eck began to surface now, and the chelas
        > were privy to a lot of what was going on
        > mostly in rumors and so forth. The
        > teaching was the same but now the del-
        > ivery was changing. [....] I feel that
        > the shock of what Paul had done was more

      • drubezarne
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
          It looks like the same person that posted the background about
          Eckankar also had some insights on the life of Twitchell. Here's the
          link...

          http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1400

          In this post, the writer attempts to justify Twitchell's lies by
          saying it was the right thing to do because they bring out truth. In
          essence, the author says that it's OK to lie and deceive people in
          order to help them get spiritual enlightenment. The trouble with that
          argument is that instead of bringing enlightenment, Twitchell has
          implanted false ideas and an idealism with no basis in truth. As a
          result, most people in Eckankar live in a world of illusion and not
          realization. They strive after initiations which only promote vanity,
          they toil for an organization which only creates attachment, they
          believe in mythical Eck Masters which create more attachments to
          personalities, and they attempt to serve and place their attention on
          a made-up Mahanta which takes them further from the I AM.

          Remember the old Eckankar cliche' that says when you have to make a
          decision, try to put yourself in the Master's shoes and think about
          what the Mahanta would do? When people try to emulate an ideal in the
          form of the current Master, they often take on both the positive and
          negative traits of that leader. Many of us have seen some of Klemp's
          angry and vain pronouncements. His followers may think this is right
          and thus we see how so many eckists become judgmental, are easy to
          anger when someone questions their religion, and/or become vain due to
          their elitist path and fake initiations.

          Regards
          Liska
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
            When rereading what this person said
            shows me that he contradicted himself
            and made his own speculations and
            assumptions. In any case I don't believe
            that Gail was as innocent as she is portrayed.

            Gail was the one that encouraged Paul
            to use his "researched" materials to start
            a religion. She, also, betrayed Paul when
            she had an affair with Darwin. After she
            divorced Darwin she made sure that she
            was paid for the copyrighted EK works
            that Paul had gathered and written. Then
            she marries a rich guy and moves to Palm
            Springs. After he dies she then marries
            another wealthy man! BTW- Darwin was
            a womanizer before, during, and after
            his marriage to Gail. And we can't say
            much for Klemp or Joan either can we!

            What's really funny is that Marman got
            Gail to make a recommendation for his
            book on PT. And Marman also got the
            scifi writer Brad Steiger to endorse his
            book when Steiger lied about his claims
            regarding Twitchell contained within
            "In My Soul I Am Free." It makes one
            wonder which Eckankar that Marman
            is writing about when former ECKists
            (Patti Simpson too) are helping him to
            promote this book! Some people will
            do anything for money and fame!

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
              Do you imagine there were other people
              involved in this "disservice" that might
              have made it easier for certain things to
              happen?

              I don't see Paul having the same style
              in the later years as in the beginning.
              (By beginning I mean Letters to Gail,
              Vol. One).

              <etznab@...> wrote:

              >=2
              0 Do any of you remember Soultraveler

              > from the old TS BB?

              > I came across a couple posts today

              > that appeared most interesting to me.

              > This poster appeared to be someone

              > who was there and knew a number of the

              > earlier members of Eckankar. I got the

              > distinct impression they had a lot of

              > inside information & decided to share

              > it on TheTruth-Seeker.

              > What I found most amazing were the

              > events of Eckankar history described.

              > Most of what I have shared from my

              > own research had to be qualified as

              > assumptions, or suspicions illustrated

              > in the form of questions. To be honest

              > I had to put it this way because I was

              > not a part of Eckankar in the 60s and

              > 70's. Not even the early 80s. However,

              > I just saw much of what I suspected &

              > would have guessed about the History

              > of Eckankar. I saw it shared by some-

              > one who was there and had spoken with

              > people who were there in the formative

              > years of Eckankar.

              > I would just like to add that my own

              > research concurs with much of what got

              > illustrated by Soultraveler in the TS

              > post here:

              http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanil
              laforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1421

              > It was not until 1987 when I came

              > to join Eckankar. I had to look at &

              > try to piece together what a number

              > of people in Eckankar already knew -

              > and for whatever reasons didn't want

              > to talk much about it.

              > For some time now I've felt that a

              > lot more things would make sense if I

              > only had the missing history. And, IMO,

              > that post by Soultraveler shared a lot

              > in the way of missing history for some-

              > one like myself who had not a way to

              > verify what even my own investigations

              > were pointing to. Soultraveler writes:

              > "[....] Truth Destroyed" With Eckankar

              > now down-spiraling into a psychic hole,

              > things could only get worse, which they

              > did. Gail after the divorce from Darwin,

              > knew that the cat was out of the bag. It

              > would only be a matter of time before all

              > the fabrications and creativity of Paul's

              > would be exposed. Once this was done she

              > would be drawn into the picture and her

              > life would be hell. Gail figured out a

              > way to extricate herself from Eckankar.

              > She even put together a plan to gain from

              > Paul's old letters, drafts, and memoirs.

              > I can't say it was blackmail, but it

              =0

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
                Liska,

                There was some interesting history in those
                two posts. I, like yourself, didn't agree with all
                of the writer's assessments.

                It sounded like the writer was from the "old
                school" which, IMO, doesn't have the same
                perspective as compared with a lot of newer
                members (people who find Eckankar today).

                What caught my attention was the "shock"
                caused from finding out about some of those
                fictions years after the fact. How it impacted
                the leader of Eckankar (at the time) himself,
                if you believe some of what the post shared.

                I just wrote about this "shock" factor over
                on A.R.E. (at bottom of the "Popular Terms"
                thread). So far, I don't know if anybody there
                wants to discuss this topic.

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
                  Prometheus,

                  Your last paragraph contained some things
                  (and people) that I wonder about too.

                  assumptions. In any case I don't believe

                  that Gail was as innocent as she is portrayed.

                  Gail was the one that encouraged Paul

                  to use his "researched" materials to start

                  a religion. She, also, betrayed Paul when

                  she had an affair with Darwin. After she

                  divorced Darwin she made sure that she

                  was paid for the copyrighted EK works

                  that Paul had gathered and written. Then

                  she marries a rich guy and moves to Palm

                  Springs. After he dies she then marries

                  another wealthy man! BTW- Darwin was

                  a womanizer before, during, and after

                  his marriage to Gail. And we can't say

                  much for Klemp or Joan either can we!

                  What's really funny is that Marman got

                  Gail to make a recommendation for his

                  book on PT. And Marman also got the

                  scifi writer Brad Steiger to endorse his

                  book when Steiger lied about his claims

                  regarding Twitchell contained within

                  "In My Soul I Am Free." It makes one0D