Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Synchronicity, Etc.

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2008
      E.S.A.,

      I'm giving the links to these posts for context.

      http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1400&Focus=1400#Comment_1400

      "....
      People are fascinated with the fatherly figure of a wise
      adept that can answer all questions and give out only
      words of truth. People want to have a strong leader. A
      history of achievements that supports the leaders cause
      is paramount in getting the individual to delve deeper into
      the mystery of the Ancient teachings. Eck having its
      historical roots embedded in almost all the world teachings
      did not have a direct history for itself. The seeker needed
      something to look back onto. The seeker needed to point
      out to others or himself of the truths that existed through-
      out the ages of the Light and Sound. It is to the credit of
      Paul's imagination that the invention of fictional and non-
      fictional legends such as the Eck Masters were brought
      forth to be an example of the Light and Sound and its
      historical achievements in the past. In Paul's mind it was
      not the messager that was important as much as the
      delivery and the message itself. Using his knowledge of
      the Great Masters of the past, the Eck Masters were
      created to each bring about a part of the contributing
      truth to the Eck Teachings. ...."

      *********

      The impression I got from that post was the author
      believed that Paul Twitchell simply made some things
      up. This is a point I have tried to discuss on A.R.E.
      (the posts still weren't posting the last I looked).

      Here is another example:

      "[....] 3. Did Paul Twitchell copy other writers works?
      Yes. Well, I guess I can give yes or no answers some-
      times. 4. Did Paul Twitchell use other writers words
      and put his Eck masters names on them as if the Eck
      Master were saying them? Yes. [....]"

      http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=264&page=1#Item_0

      I believe that was a quote by Doug Marman,
      from the TS post: A Few Responses (it's hard
      to tell because TS hasn't so far transcribed all
      the information, apparently).

      That last question and answer is something
      I have attempted to discuss with Eckists for a
      number of years. Example: "Did Paul Twitchell
      use other writers words and put his Eck masters
      names on them as if the Eck Master were saying
      them?"

      Someone apparently asked these questions
      and Doug answered them. I believe.

      As for Patti Simpson and her "active" status,
      I believe that someone [Doug?] answered this
      question years ago as well.

      "[....] I know that Patti does still feel very fond
      feelings toward Paul, but she is also not active
      in Eckankar. Past that, I would rather she answer
      the rest for herself. [....]"

      http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=310

      I'll have to check if Patti answers this. Maybe
      something will come out during her talk at the
      Monterey Conference today.

      BTW, I wonder if A.R.E. posts will come back
      up after the conference? That would be a funny
      coincidence (just kidding), IMO.

      Etznab

      P.S. To verify it was Doug who wrote the TS post
      "A Few Responses" (and probably the one: "More

      http://web.archive.org/web/20040212021904/http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBB.asp#m270

      Specifically:

      Response to Doug Marman's "A Few Responses"
      : Truth Leads Us To The ONE