Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 1208

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
      A few comments -

      I believe ekult didn't publish Marman's book for two possible reasons.

      1)   They're still using the "mushroom" approach to Twitchell's extensive plagiarism - keep 'em in the dark and feed 'em manure.  Many paying members aren't on the internet, and some who *are* on the internet don't/won't read anything other than official ecksites.   Publishing Marman's book would result in more people finding out about the plagiarism and leaving ekult - perhaps to follow Marman's new "spiritual path".

      2)  Like Ford Johnson, Doug Marman wants to reap any & all profits from the book and things like today's "conference".   Some time ago, someone posted at ET that if ekult publishes your book, you sign over not just all royalties, but the copyright too!!!

      Is David Rivinus Patti Simpson's second husband?  Somewhere over the years, I got the impression that that marriage broke up too.

      Patti Simpson's "Hello Friend" was one of the first books I read after joining ekult.  The kal was whispering to me as I read it, as it did about so many other eckthings.  Simpson wrote about Twitchell's demands on her and the strain it put on her marriage.  I thought a true "master" would have honored and respected her obligations to her family, and should have been able to find someone else to do all the work she did for him.   The kal also whispered that it sure sounded like their relationship wasn't all "spirichul", if you know what I mean.

      Well, I've got to thank Doug Marman for helping me wake up & get out back in '98.  As a member of the online behind-the-scenes "EckGestapo", I "saw" a lot of shocking things about those HIs - it took me longer to realize that Marman was actually much *worse* than most of them because he was so good at keeping up that phony sneaky unctuous crap.

      Gawd, these phony "spiritual paths" seem to breed like fruit flies in canning season, don't they?

      Back to Ford Johnson, I suspect he's not raking in as many $$$ as he'd hoped for and he's cutting back on "spiritual-path" related expenses, like "pay per click" ads on internet search engines, and whatever all the internet stuff cost him.  Looks like the new location of his TS-forum or whatever is now located at a "free" server?  Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just the impression I've gotten.   I wonder if he's ever paid back the money he stole from his employees' withholding taxes?   And yes, it IS stealing when you take money you've withheld for employee taxes and used it for something else, instead of obeying the law and sending it to the IRS.

      Have a great weekend, everyone!

      Hugs,

      Sharon

          From: prometheus_973
      1b. Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
          From: prometheus_973
      1c. Re: Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
          From: etznab@...
      1d. Re: Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
          From: etznab@...

      Messages
      1a. Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
          Posted by: "prometheus_973" prometheus_973@...
      prometheus_973
          Date: Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:03 pm ((PDT))

      Hello All,
      I saw on "Eckankar Wire" an article that
      had a picture of Doug Marman cropped
      to look like the one Klemp is selling as
      "The Master's Gaze." However, I also
      noticed that DM's picture has recently
      been deleted from this article.

      But, I found it again!

      http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/archives/2008/2008-Oct-02/a-discussion-
      with-a-different-sort-of-spiritual-leader/1/@@index

      I doubt that this comes up but just Google:
      Traveling Light: Doug Marman

      The article is by Sarah Kenoyer of the
      MontereyCountyWeekly.com

      In Klemp's photo HK is looking slightly to
      his right and in Doug's DM is looking slightly
      to his left.

      Check it out!

      Is Doug competing with Harry on book sales?
      I wonder WHY Eckankar didn't publish Doug's
      book on Twitchell?

      Here's a site where David Lane attempts
      to have a rational discussion with Marman.
      Unfortunately, Lane didn't realize that Marman
      is a narrow-minded brainwashed wannabe
      with a hidden agenda.

      http://vclass.mtsac.edu:930/phil/kirpaltheory.htm

      Enjoy!

      Prometheus

      Messages in this topic (4)
          Date: Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:26 pm ((PDT))

      Hello All,
      I saw on "Eckankar Wire" an article that
      had a picture of Doug Marman cropped
      to look like the one Klemp is selling as
      "The Master's Gaze." However, I also
      noticed that DM's picture has recently
      been deleted from this article.

      But, I found it again!

      Click what is Highlighted (below) and when
      the page comes up put [Doug Marman] in the
      Google Search box in place of "archives 2008
      Oct. discussion"

      http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/archives/2008/2008-Oct-02/a-discussion-
      with-a-different-sort-of-spiritual-leader/1/@@index

      Or Google-

          Posted by: "etznab@..." etznab@... etznab18
          Date: Sat Oct 4, 2008 6:11 am ((PDT))

         I didn't see the picture when I clicked the link.

         Why do you suppose a picture comes out now?
      Is it for the October 4th, Monterey Conference?

      http://www.spiritualdialogues.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

         BTW, what happened to A.R.E. Google Groups
      (or is it just my computer)? As of this morning at
      about 7 a.m. the last post on the A.R.E. board was
      by Kinpa at about 4 p.m. yesterday evening. About
      15 hours ago!

          Date: Sat Oct 4, 2008 6:21 am ((PDT))

      Why do you suppose a picture comes out now?
      Is it for the October 4th, Monterey Conference?

      http://www.spiritualdialogues.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

      *********

         Guess I never did read all of that link until now.

         It appears that David Rivinus and Patti Simpson
      are guest speakers!

         October 4th? Hey, that's today!

[...]

      <*> Your email settings:
          Digest Email  | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous-normal@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
        "Is David Rivinus Patti Simpson's second husband?
        Somewhere over the years, I got the impression that
        that marriage broke up too."

        *********

        "[....] Since their marriage in 1983, Patti and
        her husband, David Rivinus, have lived in the
        Los Angeles area. [....]

        [Based on: Hello Friend, A Journey In ECK,
        By Patti Simpson, 3rd Printing: 1985, [inside
        back cover]. Original Copyright 1981. Revised
        Edition: 1984.]

        "Another interesting development in the August
        7 meeting was the appointment, by resolution,
        of Patricia Simpson Rivinus, Paul Twitchell's
        secretary, as the new secretary of Eckankar.
        Only one day later, she was, by resolution,
        summarily removed from this position and told
        that

        ... her services as an officer are hereby termin-
        ated, both such removal and termination being eff-
        ective immediately. [....]

        Joan Cross (later Harold's wife) was

        ... appointed as Secretary of Eckankar, effective
        immediately, to serve the unexpired portion of the
        current term of Secretary."

        [See: Ford Johnson, Confessions of a God Seeker,
        A Journey to Higher Consciousness, p. 233-234]

        Sharon,

        From what I can gather, it looks like Patti and
        David were married sometime before August 7th,
        1983. I don't know if that marriage broke up, but
        it appears both are scheduled to speak at the
        Monterey Conference today.

        From: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
        To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 10:18 AM

        From: prometheus_973
        1b. Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
        From: prometheus_973
        1c. Re: Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
        From: etznab@...
        1d. Re: Marman's "Gaze" Competes With Klemp's!
        From: etznab@...

        Messages

        Date: Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:26 pm ((PDT))

        Hello All,
        I saw on "Eckankar Wire" an article that
        had a picture of Doug Marman cropped
        to look like the one Klemp is selling as
        "The Master's Gaze." However, I also
        noticed that DM's picture has recently
        been deleted from this article.

        But, I found it again!

        Click what is Highlighted (below) and when
        the page comes up put [Doug Marman] in the
        Google Search box in place of "archives 2008
        Oct. discussion"

        http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/archives/2008/2008-Oct-02/a-discussion-
        with-a-different-sort-of-spiritual-leader/1/@@index

        Or Google-

[...]