Ford Johnson's book: "Confessions of a God Seeker"

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2005
      Hello, Ingrid and Prometheus!

      I just wanted to state once more how valuable I feel Ford Johnson's
      book, "Confessions of a God Seeker" is. It is an eye opener for all
      God Seekers, especially those who have been duped by Eckankar. I
      really hope that the book will continue to be read and will help to
      free people from the deceptions and lies that are prevalent in
      organized religions. To learn these truths, set people free. It is an
      opportunity. I also like some of the ideas for mastership that Ford
      suggests--not entirely, but in part. He even says that one should be
      free to explore and find what is right for each individual. As to the
      BBs, I am disappointed in them, but it is his playground in the final
      analysis. I just commented, because it has disappointed me of late. I
      do look forward to reading his new book that is about to be published.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2005
        <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

        >Hi Mish,

        I agree with you and I am looking forward to reading the book as
        well. Maybe we could do a review of each chapter on this site.

        I mentioned to Ingrid that maybe Ford should be more selective as to
        who he invites in to his HCS. Maybe he needs a private site (within
        HCS) for those who demonstrate a higher consciousness via their
        postings to others on his BBs. Those who are truly Truth/God Seekers
        and have their egos in control, and are capable of critical thinking
        and discrimination would be allowed on that private site. Just a
        thought... do you think it would work? Do you think it would ever be
        done?

        Do you or Ingrid or anyone else out there have any ideas on the
        subject. I know its just speculation, but I wonder how one would go
        about such an endeavor? What criteria would one use?

        Prometheus

        > Hello, Ingrid and Prometheus!
        >
        > I just wanted to state once more how valuable I feel Ford
        Johnson's
        > book, "Confessions of a God Seeker" is. It is an eye opener for
        all
        > God Seekers, especially those who have been duped by Eckankar. I
        > really hope that the book will continue to be read and will help
        > free people from the deceptions and lies that are prevalent in
        > organized religions. To learn these truths, set people free. It is
        an
        > opportunity. I also like some of the ideas for mastership that
        Ford
        > suggests--not entirely, but in part. He even says that one should
        be
        > free to explore and find what is right for each individual. As to
        the
        > BBs, I am disappointed in them, but it is his playground in the
        final
        > analysis. I just commented, because it has disappointed me of
        late. I
        > do look forward to reading his new book that is about to be
        published.

        > Mish
      • ctecvie
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2005
          Hello Prometheus and Mish,

          > I mentioned to Ingrid that maybe Ford should be more selective as
          > who he invites in to his HCS. Maybe he needs a private site
          (within
          > HCS) for those who demonstrate a higher consciousness via their
          > postings to others on his BBs. Those who are truly Truth/God
          Seekers
          > and have their egos in control, and are capable of critical
          thinking
          > and discrimination would be allowed on that private site. Just a
          > thought... do you think it would work? Do you think it would ever
          be
          > done?

          Well it was mentioned that there should be a private e-mail exchange
          for those who are interested more deeply in conspiracy theory. I
          think that this would be excellent. I'm a bit tired of all the
          conspiracy stuff posted there lately, and I would love to have some
          new discussion topics and see new people coming to the sites. If
          there's too much focus on one kind of topic, then it will attract
          people who are interested in that specific topic and all the others
          who would have to say interesting things, too, will stay away.

          Well, personally I think it will continue on the BBs as it was done
          in the past - conspiracy will always be a topic, and I don't think
          that there will be any splitting. Perhaps more people will stay away
          and only those who can contribute something to the conspiracy stuff
          will stay on the sites.

          > Do you or Ingrid or anyone else out there have any ideas on the
          > subject. I know its just speculation, but I wonder how one would
          go
          > about such an endeavor? What criteria would one use?

          I think that if there is a topic in which many people are interested
          it should be discussed for as much time as needed and then be
          closed. I think that it's also necessary to look for a balance in a
          broader range - who posts and which topics are mostly posted. I can
          see a clear imbalance at the moment because the same people come
          back with the same topics and take up much space on the boards. I
          can remember a time when Graham Forsyth's posts were discontinued
          because they said he posted too frequently and tried to impose his
          point of view onto others too much. Well, in my point of view -
          which is limited, of course, because I don't know what is going on
          now and what was going on behind the scene at that time - the BBs
          have come quite close to this point again.

          Well, this is just some ideas - in fact, I don't know exactly how to
          do this. Most of the time, I think, the balance comes about on its
          own and doesn't have to be watched so much.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2005
            Hello, Ingrid!

            I like your point of view--you have made excellent points! I think
            that the HCS and TS BBs have been on a downward spiral for some time
            now. Some of the best posters are long gone. Too bad, but perhaps
            there is a chance for renewed invigorating growth. Time will tell
            the tale! I have not liked the emphasis on conspiracy theories going
            on over there. It seemed that no matter what anyone posted, someone
            would always bring the discussion back to the same old talk about
            these theories. Very boring for sure. It kind of reminded me of a
            child who discovers that Santa Claus is a myth--he can't get over
            the reality of Santa being a myth, so he goes out into the world to
            inform everyone as though it is big news! Ha! The truth is most
            people already knew it, except for the younger little kids who
            hadn't learned the truth yet. : ) It's all rather juvenile I think
            in terms of Spiritual enlightenment.