Re: The Use of Hypnotism in Eckankar

  • drubezarne
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 8 9:59 AM
      I realize that once a person steps away from Eckankar, they want to
      rid themselves of all the brainwashing. I still get certain words that
      pop up when I think about God such as Sugmad and Mahanta. I know these
      are conditioned words from the subconscious. And so, when these
      unwanted words pop up, I have to edit my thoughts and substitute
      non-eck terms for them in order to re-condition my subconsciousness.

      When it comes to meditation, some might think that we should throw
      that out too and I don't blame them for doing so, especially when
      they've been duped by charlatans like Harold Klemp, Darwin Gross, and
      Paul Twitchell.

      My belief is that meditation when done correctly without visualizing
      people who claim to be masters can have great benefits and eventually
      lead to great spiritual insights. If I didn't meditate I would never
      have found out about the fictitiousness and deceit of Eckankar.

      I first learned the real truth in meditation and then decided to
      investigate Eckankar through the Internet and by reading the books
      plagiarized by Paul Twitchell. It was a combination of inner work and
      using discrimination or common sense that untangled me from this false
      path. My inner experiences through meditation gave me the confidence
      or faith that I was taking the right steps toward independence from
      all the brainwashing that I had undergone while a member of Eckankar.

      Everybody has to walk their own path and as I mentioned before some
      may not need meditation to have experiences with God or the I AM.
      Unlike some people (Klemp comes to mind), I don't believe I have the
      right to tell others how to contact God. Those who like to tell people
      how to contact God too often have their own selfish schemes for
      personal profit and aggrandizement.

      Regards
      Liska

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Ingrid
      <ctecvie@...> wrote:

      > Hi Liska
      >
      > I think we are always connected to the Life Source
      > I don't call it God any more, I call it just Life.
      > And it's full of miracles ... I don't meditate (or contemplate or
      whatever) any more (even if I agree that it's good to go still from
      time to time) and  I still get the gifts of life all the time ... this
      is so great ...
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 8 4:53 PM

        I thought that was beautifully said, Ingrid.