Links

  • Non ekster
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi, when I click on the Links page, I can't tell which were more
      recently added. Some groups list the Links by date. Maybe I'm just
      missing something. Thanks.

      by the way, I think an eck archive is a great idea.

      NON ; )
    • D.R.D.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2008
        Several of TheTruth-seeker links
        in your list are no good. They don't
        appear to work.

        Have you tried to contact the web-
        site owner? or have any information
        about this?

        What good is that site and/or its
        links if they don't work?

        Etznab
      • drubezarne
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 22, 2008

          I noticed it too. You might want to clear out the dead links. Also,
          pages 163 - 164 of Ford's book Confessions of a God Seeker says that
          the word Mahanta appeared in The Flute of God, Illuminated Way
          Letters, and Letters to Gail. He wrote these between 1960 and 1966.
          The official date for the establishment of Eckankar was 1965. It was
          then Paul declared it the world's greatest spiritual path from which
          all religions came. That's when you find the terms, Rod of Eck
          Power, Mahanta, Sugmad, Vairagi Eck Masters, and all the rest of the
          garbage that is still promoted by the ego driven Klemp today.

          By the way, many of these copyrighted terms were stolen from other
          religions/spiritual teachings. You can find the name eckankar, vairagi
          masters, sugmad, and others in Johnson's Path of the Masters. The
          original spelling of sugmad was surmadi (Sufi term), eckankar comes
          from the Sikh term Ekonkar which means One God, Vairagi Eck Masters
          comes from Vairagis, the adepts of India, Mahanta is a Hindi and Pali
          word that means head of a monastic establishment and "big", Rod of Eck
          Power comes from Theosophy's Rod of Power concept or from references
          found in Egyptian and Christian writings.

          Regards
          Liska

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D."

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 22, 2008
            Hello Liska and All,
            It's true that these books of Twitchell's
            were written (with plagiarisms & exaggerations)
            prior to JAN. 1, 1969. However, PT's books
            were, also, Edited AFTER those dates!
            Therefore, I'm still convinced that the
            MONTHLY ISSUE of "THE WISDOM NOTES"
            for JAN. 1, 1969 is the first time Twitchell
            used the term MAHANTA, in print, for
            all ECKists to see. Why would PT NOT
            have mentioned or used this term,
            "Mahanta," in prior MONTHLY issues his
            THE WISDOM NOTES, unless, he had JUST
            CREATED this position/title for himself!

            BTW-I'll go in later and remove the Truth-
            Seeker Links that no longer work and contact
            Ford to see what he plans on doing about
            that site. Thanks for your comments.

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 24, 2008
              "BTW-I'll go in later and remove the Truth-
              Seeker Links that no longer work and contact
              Ford to see what he plans on doing about
              that site. Thanks for your comments."

              Thanks Prometheus.

              Since using a new computer I am unable to
              respond by e-mail to a website without first
              configuring my mail accounts. The message
              won't go through.

              It wasn't this way with the old computer, but
              now it asks for my POP server and for other
              information that I don't know the answers to.

              Some day I'll take the time to set this up, but
              it will probably invole calling tech support.

              This is why I haven't tried to contact Ford, or
              Thetruth-seeker website myself.

              It's true that these books of Twitchell's

              were written (with plagiarisms & exaggerations)

              prior to JAN. 1, 1969. However, PT's books

              were, also, Edited AFTER those dates!

              Therefore, I'm still convinced that the

              MONTHLY ISSUE of "THE WISDOM NOTES"

              for JAN. 1, 1969 is the first time Twitchell

              used the term MAHANTA, in print, for

              all ECKists to see. Why would PT NOT

              have mentioned or used this term,

              "Mahanta," in prior MONTHLY issues his=0