New Anti-ECKANKAR Archive Group?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
      Hi Liska, Etznab and All,
      I think that on ESA we will, eventually,
      do some Files of the Mystic World and
      H.I. Letter Articles, etc. However, only
      the moderators would normally be able
      to do this filing.

      IMO-I think that another Anti-Eckankar Yahoo
      site showing Time-Lines and other archived
      info is a good idea. This way info could be
      organized and easier to access for research.

      Some of the posts, links, and other info here,
      and elsewhere, could be copied for use there
      too. However, one would have to have some
      controls as to Whom, as well as, What went
      onto that site. Security from tampering with
      the files and info would be needed.

      Members (moderated and unmoderated)
      could post info that could be archived later
      by the moderators. And (IMO), it would be
      good if the site was set up like this one
      where the public can read and do "moderated"
      postings.

      Prometheus

      "drubezarne" wrote:

      > Etznab
      >
      > You said, "Besides archives at TS, I have compiled
      > events and dates concerning Eckankar trivia
      > and history. Also dates concerning people
      > who left Eckankar, when they left, the name
      > of the organizations some of them founded &
      > the books some of them have written."

      I would like to see them. Can you put them up
      somewhere? I noticed other Yahoo groups had
      a "Files" section for people to upload their photos,
      files, .pdf books, etc. I don't know why this forum
      doesn't.

      If you can't upload them here, you could just start
      a new Yahoo group called Former eckists' Archives
      and give us a link to the Files section. It's
      very easy to start a Yahoo group.

      Regards
      Liska