Re: Some books that Twitchell plagiarized are now uploaded

  • vicchaiken
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 26, 2008
      As I was getting out of shmeckankar I compiled 400 pages of material
      showing plagiarisms, inaccuracies and inconsistencies. After I left
      they came out with the bogus Lexicon book. I say bogus because so many
      of the words are in the vernacular but Harold Klemp, being the
      itinerant shithead, changed the definitions. There is no end to their
      lying and fabrications. You would think that now that there's an
      internet eckankar would be a fizzled out group. The only thing I had
      available to read when I left was David Lane's book, which put the
      whole scam into perspective for me. That guy should get an award for
      his work!

      I bought Govinda's book and still have it. What amazes me most about
      this work is that Twitchell not only plagiarized, but claimed
      Govinda's story as his own. That is not just faulty research, it's
      mental illness. Plus there's a book by a Sufi that is still being
      sold. It contains the description of "hu" and you'll discover that
      Twitchell stole these words as well. There's something alarming and
      intense about holding the two books open at once: the original and
      Twitchell's theft and reading them side by side. It makes the crime
      even more real and poignant.
    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 27, 2008
        Wow, I didn't get around to reading my ESA "digests" for awhile and
        really missed some exciting stuff here!!

        Vic, I'd *love* to see those 400 pages of material, any chance of
        getting a copy? Wish I had everything I've "compiled" for the last
        ten years but it's scattered on a few internet sites, on several old
        computers, and disks. The old-fashioned 3" kind that my current
        computer can't read - does anyone know if all "newer" computers can't
        read disks from the older ones? By older, I'm talking pre-Pentium
        486!! I will be getting back to work on updating my website(s) or
        doing a whole new one with lots more material.

        Liska, have you cross-checked the books you're uploading to see if
        they're already on the internet somewhere? I haven't looked at all
        yet, I've got some links to some online books over at ET but don't
        really remember anything right now other than some Neville Goddard
        books are there. That might save you some scanning time - I'd love
        to help but don't have a scanner, not to mention my own ekult "to-do"
        list is several years long. <gg>

        BTW, the "lexicon" is simply a reprint of the old ekult "dictionary"
        from the early 70's, I didn't totally compare both books but just
        skimming them, they looked identical. One thing I remember is that
        ekult has 9 "trinities", yep Twitch stole from everywhere but hyped
        what he stole to make ekult the biggest & bestest. My copy of the
        70's edition is reversed - either the cover or insides are upside-
        down. <gg> I wonder if they were all printed up wrong?

        Oh, while I think of it - my virus alarm bells go off at Ford
        Johnson's "truth-seeker" website, does this happen to anyone else?
        Seems to me I had the same experience years back and emailed them
        about it but never heard and it kept happening, so I just didn't go
        there. This has been happening again recently, on two different
        computers using two different antivirus programs, but I always
        disconnect immediately and it doesn't seem to get logged anywhere,
        the warning just says "virus/worm".

        It's ironic, not long after joining ekult I read a friend's copy
        of "Way of the White Clouds", didn't recognize the plagiarism, but
        recognized what I thought of as "the eck", I was brainwashed early
        and thought anything "ecky" from elsewhere simply proved ekult *was*
        the original, true, and highest path in the universe!! This friend
        read a few of my eckbooks and may have even spotted some plagiarism
        since he had an awesome "spiritual" library, and he realized I was
        involved in a cult but thought he was being polite by not saying
        anything. Years later when I got out, I asked him why he'd never
        discussed it with me, he said he felt I was too convinced and it
        wouldn't have done any good. On the contrary, I think it would have
        and I wish he'd have talked to me about it!!

        Bye everyone, have a great day!

        Hugs,

        Sharon

        PS - I'll add the book links over at ET eventually, but if anyone
        else wants to, feel free!!

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "vicchaiken"
        <vicchaiken@...> wrote:

        > As I was getting out of shmeckankar I compiled 400 pages of material
        > showing plagiarisms, inaccuracies and inconsistencies. After I left
        > they came out with the bogus Lexicon book. I say bogus because so
        many
        > of the words are in the vernacular but Harold Klemp, being the
        > itinerant shithead, changed the definitions. There is no end to
        their
        > lying and fabrications. You would think that now that there's an
        > internet eckankar would be a fizzled out group. The only thing I had
        > available to read when I left was David Lane's book, which put the
        > whole scam into perspective for me. That guy should get an award for
        > his work!
        >
        > I bought Govinda's book and still have it. What amazes me most about
        > this work is that Twitchell not only plagiarized, but claimed
        > Govinda's story as his own. That is not just faulty research, it's
        > mental illness. Plus there's a book by a Sufi that is still being
        > sold. It contains the description of "hu" and you'll discover that
        > Twitchell stole these words as well. There's something alarming and
        > intense about holding the two books open at once: the original and
        > Twitchell's theft and reading them side by side. It makes the crime
        > even more real and poignant.

      • drubezarne
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
          Sharon, can you give us the links to the Neville books?

          The worst part about Eckankar is the lie that we're supposed to look
          to and always keep our attention on the Mahanta. This means instead of
          placing our attention on God or looking to God for guidance, we are
          told to look to Harold Klemp, The Mahanta, The Living Eck Master. It's
          a crime against Soul committed by dishonest and narcissistic people
          like Paul Twitchell, Darwin Gross, and now Harold Klemp.

          Those of you who are still looking to a false master like Harold Klemp
          for guidance, then I would suggest reading books by Neville Goddard
          and Joseph Benner who tell the reader how to work directly with God
          and bypass any middle man.

          Regards
          Liska

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon"
          <brighttigress@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > recognized what I thought of as "the eck", I was brainwashed early
          > and thought anything "ecky" from elsewhere simply proved ekult *was*
          > the original, true, and highest path in the universe!! This friend
          > read a few of my eckbooks and may have even spotted some plagiarism
          > since he had an awesome "spiritual" library, and he realized I was
          > involved in a cult but thought he was being polite by not saying
          > anything. Years later when I got out, I asked him why he'd never
          > discussed it with me, he said he felt I was too convinced and it
          > wouldn't have done any good. On the contrary, I think it would have
          > and I wish he'd have talked to me about it!!
          >
          > Bye everyone, have a great day!
          >
          > Hugs,
          >
          > Sharon
          >
          > PS - I'll add the book links over at ET eventually, but if anyone

        • D.R.D.
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon"
            <brighttigress@...> wrote:

            [....]

            "Oh, while I think of it - my virus alarm bells go off at Ford
            Johnson's "truth-seeker" website, does this happen to anyone else?
            Seems to me I had the same experience years back and emailed them
            about it but never heard and it kept happening, so I just didn't go
            there. This has been happening again recently, on two different
            computers using two different antivirus programs, but I always
            disconnect immediately and it doesn't seem to get logged anywhere,
            the warning just says "virus/worm".

            [....]

            I've had similar problems in the past and know
            that it does not necessarily mean the origin is the
            site itself. I believe it is possible for hackers to
            attack a website and add malicious code. My suspicion
            is that Truthseeker is a favorite target of those who
            don't want people reading the content. I'm not certain
            though.

            Not long ago I started using a new computer myself.
            I was able to visit the archives at truthseeker. Then,
            not even a few months later my computer started to say:

            "Server Error

            500 - Internal servor error.

            There is a problem with the resource you are looking
            for, and it cannot be displayed."

            And that's it! The rest of the page is grey
            and blank. The link I used was:

            http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBBprn.asp?st=1372&page=68#m1371

            It's been this way for months. I get the same old
            result.

            [I would be interested to hear what results anybody
            else gets when they follow that link. Also, if anybody
            here is able to view the Truthseeker archives [I never
            did get time to finish reading all of them].

            Also in the past I would get certain results with
            the TS website, but the more I visited it [or the more
            I told people I was visiting it] there would be some
            problems that weren't there before.

            Let me know if antbody can read the TS archives.
            I never really tried to trouble shoot the problem I
            was having very much, but maybe now is a good time
            to find out what the hell is going on.