Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Harold Klemp says He is God and has Unlimited Power

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2008
      Ever notice how the birth date was never revealed for Gross or Klemp!  Maybe these two LEM's knew the truth about PT's eck new year, passing of the rod all along....   Ironic, or coincidence that all of the events revolve around PT's alleged birth date.  Gross and Klemp can't come up with anything other than keeping their birth date a secret.....

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 2008
        Prometheus, Liz, and all:

        The more I dig into this Eckankar mess, the more I'm beginning to
        think that all three self-proclaimed Mahantas, The Living Eck Masters
        had severe personality disorders like Narcissism.

        Narcissism is defined as extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of
        one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a
        personality type.

        All three declared they were the highest consciousness on earth,
        greater than any other spiritual leader and in fact stated they were
        God on earth. Their actions and words totally contradicted their
        outrageous claims to fame (see the earlier forum posts).

        Paul Twitchell was a notorious liar and plagiarist. The evidence is
        overwhelming. The research is all over the internet.

        Darwin Gross was a thief, substance abuser, and a womanizer.

        Harold Klemp was a former mental patient who also lied and covered up
        the history of Eckankar. Since he's the current self-proclaimed
        master, we should focus on him.

        Pathological narcissism in adolescence or adulthood which manifests
        itself in infatuation and obsession with oneself and a lack of empathy
        towards others is believed to be a cause of a God complex.

        New York Times writer Stephen Sherrill explains in his article
        Acquired Situational Narcissism that "Classical Narcissism, a
        personality disorder whose symptoms include lack of empathy, grandiose
        fantasies, excessive need for approval, rage, social isolation and
        depression, has been well mapped by the psychoanalytical community…"

        Here are some symptoms of Dissociative Identity Disorder and Narcissism.

        1. Megalomania - Delusions of grandeur - a GOD COMPLEX (we've already
        seen this in the few quotes by Klemp in which he claimed to be God.
        Search through the Eckankar writings and you will see numerous other
        examples in which Harold Klemp refers to himself in the third person
        as the Mahanta, The Living ECK Master and what this means throughout
        all the universes.

        2. Paranoia - they're out to get me - believes others are spying and
        plotting. See the previous post of Klemp's article on the Fox in the
        Henhouse. Also read Chapter 2 of The ECK Satsang Discourses, 4th
        Series, titled "Obstacles to the Mahanta's Mission". Talk about the
        paranoid ravings of a delusional person - this one takes the cake. I'm
        sure if people make requests to see it, some of us can put excerpts
        from it on this forum.

        He regulates his sense of self worth by rigidly insisting that he is
        above the madding crowd while deriving his Narcissistic Supply from
        the very people he holds in deep contempt. We have numerous quotes by
        Klemp in which he shows his contempt for his followers, former
        followers, other religions, leaders, and their followers.

        3. Often they refer to themselves as "we," "he," or "she." We've seen
        evidence of this scattered throughout his writings whenever he refers
        to himself as the Mahanta, The Living ECK Master.

        Of course, I could be wrong about all this and if so, we have two
        other possibilities for Harold Klemp's behavior.

        1. It's all a big pretense to swindle his followers.

        or

        2. If you choose to fall for the fantasy and are willing to give up
        your reasoning and thus your ability to think for yourself, then you
        become delusional enough to believe him when he says, "The Mahanta,
        the Living ECK Master (Harold Klemp) is the SUGMAD (God) on earth and
        has unlimited power..."

        Regards
        Liska

        <ewickings@...> wrote:

        > Ever notice how the birth date was never revealed for Gross or
        Klemp! Maybe
        > these two LEM's knew the truth about PT's eck new year, passing of
        the rod
        > all along.... Ironic, or coincidence that all of the events
        revolve around
        > PT's alleged birth date. Gross and Klemp can't come up with
        anything other
        > than keeping their birth date a secret.....

        God and

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2008
          It's interesting that Twitchell was married twice
          and Gross was married how many times? Klemp
          was married twice as well and has one child.

          Yet, Klemp seems to think he is some kind of
          expert when writing about, "Spiritual Wisdom
          of Relationships."

          Here are two hypocritical comments by Klemp
          from "The Language of Soul:"

          "The marriage bond can only be sacred IF it
          is sacred to the two individuals who have agreed
          to this union. IF they are one in heart, how can
          they be divided?"

          [ME]: Apparently Klemp's first marriage to Marge,
          where they had a daughter, was Not Sacred to
          one of them... Harry I'll bet! I wonder how Klemp's
          relationship is with his daughter? Probably Not very
          good! HK didn't even go to his father's funeral, to
          console his mother, in Oct. 1971 because both he
          and another nut case (John-Roger) thought they
          were to be chosen to replace Paul!

          HK: "A true marriage has commitment by each person.
          Both realize the responsibility of that commitment.
          A marriage of the heart let's each couple remain an
          individual, BUT the two are as one."

          [ME] It seems that when Klemp uses BUT he's taking
          back what he has just stated! BTW- I see where Harry
          mentions the "heart" twice and never mentions Love!
          Wasn't his marriage, where he produced a child, one
          where he loved his child too? I don't think Klemp is
          capable of loving anyone except himself! Look at how
          HK treated Joan, up on stage, after she had sung
          The Little HU Song. Very mean... but I'm sure some
          of the women watching didn't mind... they'd like to
          take her place next to the Seat of Power! Really! There
          probably are some females standing in line just as
          Harry stood in line for Darwin's job. Make it happen
          ladies! LOL!

          Prometheus

          drubezarne wrote:

> [...]
          > your reasoning and thus your ability to think for yourself, then you
          > become delusional enough to believe him when he says, "The Mahanta,
          > the Living ECK Master (Harold Klemp) is the SUGMAD (God) on earth and
          > has unlimited power..."
          >
          > Regards
          > Liska
          >

          > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth"
          > <ewickings@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Ever notice how the birth date was never revealed for Gross or
          > Klemp! Maybe
          > > these two LEM's knew the truth about PT's eck new year, passing of
          > the rod
          > > all along.... Ironic, or coincidence that all of the events
          > revolve around
          > > PT's alleged birth date. Gross and Klemp can't come up with
          > anything other
          > > than keeping their birth date a secret.....

        • drubezarne
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2008
            Prometheus:

            Thanks for the quotes from HK about relationships. They are a perfect
            example of how lame and superficial HK's writings are and how often
            they contradict themselves. Do you think these shallow quotes deserve
            to be even in a Hallmark card? We should remember, this is a person
            claiming to speak for God because he says he has the highest
            consciousness in all the universes.

            A quick search and I found many quotes about love and marriage that
            have greater depth and meaning than HK's. Here is just a sampling...

            Samuel Johnson:
            "On second marriages: "The triumph of hope over experience."
            Boswell: Life of Samuel Johnson

            "Every man recounts the inconveniences of his own station, and thinks
            those of any other less, because he has not felt them. Thus the
            married praise the ease and freedom of a single state, and the single
            fly to marriage from the weariness of solitude."
            Johnson: Rambler #45 (August 21, 1750)

            Oscar Wilde
            "Women are meant to be loved, not understood."

            Deepak Chopra
            "The reason that ego and love are not compatible comes down to this:
            you cannot take your ego into the unknown, where love wants to lead.
            If you follow love, your life will become uncertain, and the ego
            craves certainty."

            Groucho Marx:
            "Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. There's no
            doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to
            interfere."

            I used to belong to soul forum, Doug Marman's H.I. group. I left
            because it was too contentious and there was too much hero worship of
            Marman. You mentioned HK's daughter. According to Marman, he said HK's
            daughter is not an Eckist. So, I believe that says a lot too, don't
            you think?

            Regards
            Liska

> [...]
            > > your reasoning and thus your ability to think for yourself, then you
            > > become delusional enough to believe him when he says, "The Mahanta,
            > > the Living ECK Master (Harold Klemp) is the SUGMAD (God) on earth and
            > > has unlimited power..."
            > >
            > > Regards
            > > Liska
            > >

            > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth"
            > > <ewickings@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Ever notice how the birth date was never revealed for Gross or
            > > Klemp! Maybe
            > > > these two LEM's knew the truth about PT's eck new year, passing of
            > > the rod
            > > > all along.... Ironic, or coincidence that all of the events
            > > revolve around
            > > > PT's alleged birth date. Gross and Klemp can't come up with
            > > anything other
            > > > than keeping their birth date a secret.....

          • Drew van Rijk
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2008
              Apparently HK's daughter isnotonly not an eckist but has cutoff all ties and HK
              has no access to his grandchild.

              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAn onymous@yahoogro ups.com, "prometheus_ 973"
              <prometheus_ 973@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > your reasoning and thus your ability to think for yourself, then you
              > > become delusional enough to believe him when he says, "The Mahanta,
              > > the Living ECK Master (Harold Klemp) is the SUGMAD (God) on earth and
              > > has unlimited power..."
              > >
              > > Regards
              > > Liska
              > >

              > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAn onymous@yahoogro ups.com, "Elizabeth"
              > > <ewickings@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Ever notice how the birth date was never revealed for Gross or
              > > Klemp! Maybe
              > > > these two LEM's knew the truth about PT's eck new year, passing of
              > > the rod
              > > > all along.... Ironic, or coincidence that all of the events
              > > revolve around
              > > > PT's alleged birth date. Gross and Klemp can't come up with
              > > anything other
              > > > than keeping their birth date a secret.....

            • drubezarne
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 8, 2008
                Hi Mish, Drew, Liz, and all:

                I didn't realize Phil Morimitsu's books are no longer printed. I heard
                from a former H.I. who used to live in Minneapolis that a while back
                Phil wrote a book about Rebazar. In this book, he basically said he
                (Phil) was the next Living Eck Master. Of course, the book was never
                published and now we know why. Phil was sent to Asia (exile?) to
                spread the word of Eck.

                He still travels to seminars giving talks. Many eckists look up to and
                idolize Phil. I've seen it first-hand. For a path that advocates that
                all Souls are equal, it's very puzzling that there is so much
                glorification of personalities and of course the worship and devotion
                to HK. Isn't this idolatry? When we see so much adoration given to
                mythical Eck Masters, HK, and certain H.I.'s, isn't this enough of a
                clue that there's something wrong here. Wouldn't you think a true path
                to God only asks that we give our love and devotion exclusively to God?

                I consider Harold Klemp a usurper of God. He has placed himself as an
                intermediary between his followers and God. He constantly writes about
                himself (in the third person) as God on earth and says we should give
                our love and devotion to him - not God, but to him. It's a sad state
                of affairs, when I see these brainwashed eckists proclaiming their
                love for Harold Klemp at seminars and Satsang classes. They don't
                think they are worshiping the personality because they say they love
                the Mahanta, but according to Klemp, he says he is the Mahanta. So,
                whom are they really worshipping?

                It's ironic that James Davis, author of the Rosetta Stone of God,
                renounced his own book and left Eckankar, but Eckankar continues to
                print his book.

                Drew, where did you hear about HK's daughter cutting off all ties with
                him? I'm curious to learn more about this. It reminds me of Gail
                Twitchell cutting off ties with Eckankar.

                Regards
                Liska

                --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Drew van Rijk
                <drewvanr@...> wrote:

                > Apparently HK's daughter isnotonly not an eckist but has cutoff all
                ties and HK
                > has no access to his grandchild.

                Relationship Problems!
> [...]
                quotes by
                > > > Klemp in which he shows his contempt for his followers, former
                > > > followers, other religions, leaders, and their followers.
                > > >
                > > > 3. Often they refer to themselves as "we," "he," or "she." We've
                seen
                > > > evidence of this scattered throughout his writings whenever he
                refers
                > > > to himself as the Mahanta, The Living ECK Master.
                > > >
                > > > Of course, I could be wrong about all this and if so, we have two
                > > > other possibilities for Harold Klemp's behavior.
                > > >
                > > > 1. It's all a big pretense to swindle his followers.
                > > >
                > > > or
                > > >
                > > > 2. If you choose to fall for the fantasy and are willing to give up
                > > > your reasoning and thus your ability to think for yourself, then you
                > > > become delusional enough to believe him when he says, "The Mahanta,
                > > > the Living ECK Master (Harold Klemp) is the SUGMAD (God) on

                Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

              • Elizabeth
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2008

                  James Davis' book is not "still" being printed by eckankar!  Guess then why "Those wonderful eck masters" was published?   Klemp had to be able to validate the lineage of  and prove the masters exist since Davis did a 180 and claimed they were nothing but a fairy tale...

                  Liz

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2008
                    Yes, Phil is still a Co-RESA of all of Asia.
                    Phil's books were Not reprinted because
                    Klemp didn't want anyone except himself
                    as LEM/Mahanta to be worshipped IF anyone
                    was to be worshipped!

                    BTW-I was going through some of Klemp's
                    Wisdon Notes (I'm missing most of those from
                    the 90's for some reason) and found some
                    interesting info. Perhaps, Klemp needs to look
                    into the mirror more often and review his own
                    words and behaviours too!

                    HK: "... the Mahanta is faceless."

                    "Salt Lake City is sometimes referred to as a
                    swindler's mecca. Oddly, most of the swindles
                    are done by one member of the Mormon church
                    against another member." [Fall 1985 Wisdom Notes]

                    [ME] That's not very nice to say about the Morons
                    when Klemp also states, "Mahdis use the IMPLIED
                    STATUS of their RANK in Eckankar to gain clients
                    or participants in their business." [Fall 1985
                    Wisdom Notes]

                    Also, I thought the Mahanta or Inner Master had
                    the FACE of Klemp and was Not 'Faceless!'

                    HK: "Although the churches are empty on Sundays,
                    millions of paying 'tax Christians' SECURE THEIR
                    PLACE IN HEAVEN BY STAYING REGISTERED MEMBERS
                    AND FILLING THE CASH BOX OF THE CHURCHES.
                    THE CHURCH KNOWS THAT EVERY LOST MEMBER
                    MEANS LOST REVENUE.

                    ... The most attractive part of the ECK teachings
                    is the one-on-one relationship between them
                    and the Master. ALSO, THEY CAN REALIZE GOD
                    NOW WITHOUT A PRIEST OR CHURCH ATMOSPHERE"
                    [Fall 1983 The Wisdom Notes]

                    [ME] Doesn't Eckankar require an ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP
                    in order to 'SECURE' those INITIATIONS and their
                    'Place in Heaven' too! Doesn't this required annual
                    Eckankar membership cost money? It's Not Free!

                    Also, isn't it true that ECKANKAR has adopted the
                    same characteristics as the 'churches' Klemp is
                    putting down: ECK Worship Services; EK Clerics
                    or EK Priests; A Songbook; EK Chorus; various
                    religious ceremonies; an Outdoor Chapel; a Temple;
                    Donations; etc. BTW- Look at all of the ways ECKists
                    can DONATE their MONEY!

                    There's a whole section on Eckankar.org (members
                    only-password:translation) that is dedicated to
                    Donations! Klemp's Eckankar has been modeled
                    after the Christian Churches HK was speaking of,
                    and demeaning, 25 YEARS AGO!

                    On Another Note: Klemp has Three Grandchildren!

                    Prometheus