Eckankar - Klemp's Empire!

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
      I think that Klemp is a little bit more wary of
      allowing his followers to see his wealth than
      was Rajneesh. However, I'm sure that HK and
      Peter do have plenty of money squirreled away,
      as well as, property. Klemp lives, mostly, in
      Eden Prairie, MN. as do many other high profile
      ECKists. A previous post on this site listed their
      names. This has led me to believe that the Tax
      Exempt ECKANKAR Church owns the houses and
      condos they live in. And, after all, these High Initiates
      are also Clerics and more than likely don't pay any
      Income Taxes either! This is why the higher-up
      worker bees at the ESC don't need much money
      to live on.

      Peter Skelsky, on the other hand, needed to have
      his EK office furnished with very expensive French
      Provincial furniture. Peter lives in Eden Prairie too,
      but, also, has a condo in either Sarasota or Tampa,
      FL. I forget which... I used to know the address!

      However, there are many reasons as to why Eckankar
      moved from California to Minnesota. One of the reasons
      is that Eckankar doesn't have to divulge their finances
      to their membership as they would in California. Another
      reason for the move is that land was much cheaper
      in Minnesota. Also, there is less chance of having Eckists
      influenced by other New Age Religionists and New
      Age thought because California is a beehive of activity
      for these other religions. Sant Mat, the origins of Eckankar,
      and other similar religious thought is pervasive in California.

      Minnesota doesn't have these corruptive influences
      because Eckists would make comparisons and eventually
      see that Twitchell copied the Sant Mat religions and
      that he was just a self-proclaimed Guru (as is Klemp).

      And, Klemp feels more at home far away from
      California because Minnesota is similar to Wisconsin
      with the strong Lutheran influences. Klemp was a fish
      out of water in California! That's because he had to jump
      out of the water or be eaten by the bigger fish. In
      Minnesota Klemp's the biggest New Age fish around!
      Klemp's one dimensional EK speak (stories, etc.) smell
      like three day old fish when compared to Twitchell's
      Ruhani Satsang imitation! The only time Klemp's message
      sounds interesting is when he takes it from Twitchell's
      Shariyats, Tiger's Fang, or Stranger by the River which
      was based upon Kirpal Singh or his influence upon Twit!

      ECKists must find their own way. They are Soul and have
      the tools to BE their own Master here and now... without
      the need for Gurus, con-men, and such.

      Prometheus

      drubezarne wrote:

      Isn't it time people for people to look into Klemp's empire? They did
      it with Rajneesh and found out the man had 90 Rolls Royce luxury cars.
      Why doesn't someone take a picture of Klemp's mansion and post it on
      the web? Surely, there's some person out there who knows more than we
      do and is finally ready to talk.

      By the way, we've been getting notice after notice to attend the
      Eckankar World Wide seminar. We received at least 4 e-mails and of
      course the usual printed brochure with all the happy blissed out
      eckists and Klemp. Could the downturn in the economy and the lack of
      new members finally have an effect on Eckankar?

      Maybe we could spread the fox in the henhouse article around the
      internet. It shows the real Harold Klemp without the smiling mask. One
      other observation. When Klemp writes to the lower initiates (Mystic
      World) he signs off Affectionately, Harold. When he writes to the
      H.I.'s, he doesn't even bother to put in the word Affectionately. He
      knows by the time they become H.I.'s, they're totally brainwashed.

      Regards
      Liška V Drubezárne

      drewvanr wrote:

      Where does the money go? They sold the valuable land in Menlo Park,
      CA and in Sedona , AZ to move to Minnesota. When the temple was
      complete Klemp said that the 6 million dollar's raised was 3 million
      short of construction costs and that eckankar would now pay off the
      costs.....but the profit's on the land they sold could have built the
      temple! They did not need any money! Ford Johnson touched a bit on
      this in Confessions or a Godseeker. Eckankar is not transparent
      financially and is quite wealthy but it always has it's hand out for
      cash, after all that is why it was created by PT in the beginning!
    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
        Another reason they moved to MN was due to the high profile law suit concerning the Sedona property!

        ECKANKAR was the "esoteric group" that is mentioned in this article. Helen Frye joined Eckankar in 1969, was an EK 8th Initiate, became "involved" with Darwin Gross and in 1979 had a riff with him after she discovered Twitchell's Plagiarisms!
        http://www.sedonalegendhelenfrye.com/index.html

        drewvanr wrote:

        Where does the money go? They sold the valuable land in Menlo Park,
        CA and in Sedona , AZ to move to Minnesota. When the temple was
        complete Klemp said that the 6 million dollar's raised was 3 million
        short of construction costs and that eckankar would now pay off the
        costs.....but the profit's on the land they sold could have built the
        temple! They did not need any money! Ford Johnson touched a bit on
        this in Confessions or a Godseeker. Eckankar is not transparent
        financially and is quite wealthy but it always has it's hand out for
        cash, after all that is why it was created by PT in the beginning!

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

      • vicchaiken
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
          The thing that is bothersome is that Klemp
          is a fraud and engages in a criminal enterprise
          because he takes money from people who are
          trusting that he is something that he represents
          himself to be. He is a fraud and a liar.

          Eckankar is sure to make a lot of money and
          Klemp makes his money from the activities
          of Eckankar. Whether it was a dime or a million
          dollars is not as much of a concern to me as the
          fact that Klemp's entire life is devoted to conning
          people. Eckists may say that this is an individual
          matter, but then again Eckists are very deluded
          individuals.