Re: kirpal singh

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
      Golly-Gee, Leanne--I could give a rats ass about sorting out gurus,
      mainly because I think they're all frauds! The discussions on
      this site have been pointedly negative toward these sects/groups,
      including even major religions. The thing is when one walks away
      from one cult/sect--does one really have to find another? : )

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Leanne Thompson
      <le_anne_thompson@...> wrote:

      > Is kirpal singhs successor still giving initiations? Is that path a safe one to study / be on?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Leanne

    • drubezarne
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
        Leanne:

        Yes, read the Sant Mat literature because there's a lot of wisdom in
        it and it will teach you how to meditate. Whenever the literature
        mentions the Master just substitute the word God because there is only
        Soul and God. You don't need anyone getting between you and God.

        I believe in teachers, but not Masters who act as intercessors between
        you and God. If you look for a teacher, then observe their actions and
        words very carefully. A true teacher should never indulge in the 5
        passions.

        Walk away as fast as you can from any Master that exhibits the following:

        1. Anger - He criticizes and finds fault in his students, other
        religious/spiritual paths, other leaders of spiritual/religious paths,
        and his former students. See the previous thread from Harold Klemp's
        article about the Fox in the Henhouse. He also lectures on the
        mistakes of others and points out their defects. He scolds and blames
        others for all that goes wrong. He takes offense easily.

        2. Vanity - He loves long titles like Sri Harold Klemp, The Mahanta,
        The Living Eck Master and he constantly reminds us of this title and
        how much power it carries. He loves his position of power and will
        even create a hierarchy that places him ever higher and more removed
        from his followers.

        Vanity and Anger go hand in hand because vain people are often bossy,
        scold, and like to find fault in others, but never in themselves.
        Their view is that they are infallible. A vain person like Harold
        Klemp imagines he is calling attention to his own virtues by pointing
        out the faults of others. In actuality he is only revealing his own
        shortcomings. If he is opposed, he will try to punish that person. See
        Ford Johnson's book which tells how Harold punished Graham by taking
        away his initiations and how he disciplined Ford and other H.I.'s.

        Self proclaimed counterfeit Masters like Klemp enjoy making public
        speeches, are eager to see their name and picture in print, and like
        to remind us of their godliness.

        3. Greed - This is a common passion of many self-proclaimed Masters.
        One of the signs that shows that they are suffering from it is their
        lack of pity, love, and kindness. Anger consumes and greed hardens.
        Some of the ways greed makes itself known is when counterfeit Masters
        like Klemp misrepresent themselves and their established religious
        path by cover ups such as make-believe explanations that hide the
        truth, lies, trickery, falsehoods, and concealing their finances.

        4. Attachment - A Master who exhibits concern or anxieties about the
        direction his religion and some of his followers are going, surely
        suffers from attachment. Attachment is the king of procrastination.
        Look how Klemp put off telling his followers the real truth about the
        extent of Paul's plagiarism. He even delayed having the truth come out
        by making up a fairy tale story of astral libraries. When you see him
        write so much about his illnesses and his trivial daily routines, it
        shows his attachment to the physical body. When Harold Klemp urges his
        followers to do service, he is only promoting an attachment to duty.

        5. Lust - Maybe someone else can take over here.

        Regards
        Liska

        <le_anne_thompson@...> wrote:

        > Is kirpal singhs successor still giving initiations? Is that path a
        safe one to study / be on?

        > Thanks
        > Leanne

      • vicchaiken
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
          What is the difference between Eckankar, Christianity
          or any other religion. At the foundation none of the
          claims are provable and all have to do with buying
          into a set of beliefs that are taken on faith which use
          the power of rationalization and ignorance to bind
          the follower to the system. Read The God Delusion.