Re: Fwd: Arahata Training

  • ctecvie
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
      Hello Prometheus and Mish,

      <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

      > Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
      > Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to
      enough
      > meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically
      for
      > those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
      > just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those
      in
      > support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries).

      We were at the Spiritual Skills Seminar 2003 in Washington. It was
      fun for us! We thought it was something new and exciting and we
      enjoyed it a lot. Of course now we know that those techniques are
      introduced only for recruitment and not for personal development.
      Seen from this point of view, it doesn't seem so attractive any more.

      Sometimes
      > there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
      > actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
      > successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in
      the
      > workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
      > introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few
      inbetween,
      > and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
      > and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making
      up
      > or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center
      of
      > attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
      > have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
      > because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

      In Washington, I met an eckist who was this type - very introverted
      and she didn't seem to have a great sense of humor. To me, it seemed
      as if she was drying out from the inside - and I thought once again
      how weird it was that Eckankar could attract such weird people! It
      was not for the first time I noticed that.

      I notice, too, that some ex-eckists haven't left Eckankar completely
      and never will. So, once again, we will have to be very, very
      careful to look for those old patterns inside ourselves.