Re: A few scattered thoughts w/an important warning

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2008
      Hello R,
      Welcome to the site! There is a lot of info on our
      LINKS page that you may want to check out, as
      well as, in the archives. The FIRST LINK has Truth-
      Seeker info on Twitchell's early life and on the 2nd
      Mahanta's (Sri Darwin Gross) lawsuit, etc.

      That was interesting to hear you were an ECK Youth!
      Today there is even more brain-washing going on with
      the EK Youth. Eckankar has even invaded Myspace!
      Yes, Klemp is a real Voo-Doo Guru!

      I enjoyed Confessions of a God Seeker too! The 4th
      and last section of the book was quite different from
      the first three sections and dealt with Ford's philosophy
      and what he calls the Master Principle.

      BTW- I hope you found the Kirpal Singh info interesting
      since Eckankar seems to have denied its true origin, lineage
      and dogma.

      Prometheus

      warrior wrote:

      My Grandfather started us in Eckankar. I remember hearing
      Hu chants when I was just a kid in the 80's. I joined when
      I was 18 and left when I was 21. It was revealed to me by
      a friend that it was a hoax, which I began to feel and know
      from my studies in martial arts. There was an overall lack
      of integrity to the religion. I've been out of eck for 6 yrs
      now and I am so eternally grateful to have escaped such
      an evil and deceptive farce.

      The scariest thing as that through practicing eck people
      open themselves up to all sorts of negative spirits disguised
      as angels of light. Once the person embraces them it is over
      and the person will be lossed. These spirits have no link to the
      line of God in the universe and crave that energy but can only
      receive it when they are hooked onto another's spirit and body.
      This usually happens when one communicates with spirits either
      through direct spiritual communication or astral travel. Therefore,
      I urge you all to be so careful and take every precaution to keep
      this from happening.

      Also, I have just started to read Ford Johnson's book and
      it is wonderful at debunking the undenyable misinformation
      in eck. If any of you are interested his sight will allow
      you to access the main chapters on the proven falsehoods
      in eck.

      In closing, my pravers and hope is with you all that each
      of us may fully heal through the act of correcting our mistakes
      while forgiving others and ourselves.

      Love,