Re: Doug Marman's Books "The Whole Truth", and "The Silent Questions"

  • ringing_radience
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2008
      Thanks for your response prometheus_973.

      To be clear though, my real purpose in posting this question here
      was to find out if anyone here has actually read either of these 2
      newer books by Doug. And if so, where exactly does it seem he is
      trying to go with them? In other words, did he write these two books
      to try and show the validity of the inner teachings of Eckankar, or
      is he forming a breakaway group of his own that has very different
      ideas about these teachings that are not in harmony with the current
      Eckankar movement?

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2008
        It's all about Harold--which is just the way Harold likes it! : )

        Hi, ringing_radience!

        Interesting that you bring up Doug Marman. True we have
        mentioned him from time to time, but ESA's focus is on Twitchell
        and Klemp--especially Klemp since he is the current leader (25
        years plus) of the scamming org. called eckankar. However, I
        have read some of his excerpts and also the dialogues that Doug
        Marman has presented on other websites. I do not care to
        read his stuff--I don't really see the point. I think he has stated
        that he is not an official spokesman for eckankar anyway. Besides,
        Doug himself has mentioned that "The Whole Truth" wasn't really
        the whole truth! : ) But it is interesting that you are wondering
        what his purpose is--maybe Doug is preparing for when Harold
        does step down, anticipating a splinter group that he might
        capture away from the original org? That's an interesting idea
        and maybe a possibility. Of course, we have discussed here that
        Harold has been trying to situate Joan in a more powerful
        position, such as co-L.E.M., in order for Harold to hold the
        power for a longer time. I suppose Harold's afraid of what will
        become of eckankar after he's gone--maybe a big ditching of
        all of his books, talks, writings, pics, etc. Sort of like what
        happened with Darwin, perhaps? Lots of speculations of course,
        but Harold's actions and words do make one wonder, doesn't
        it.

        (Top two reasons I've not read Marman's books: 1. I don't
        want to pay him for his books; 2. I don't want to expend the
        time.)

        Right now, I'm waiting for Klemp to come out with his next
        exciting book--"Those Wonderful ECK Masters" was a jewel
        for sure!! It should be fun to read and review a next book by
        Harold. LOL! Have you read "Those Wonderful ECK Masters"--
        it's a fun read and sort of clever of Harold the way he plays
        with the concept of female eck masters just now coming out and
        how Joan is also written about in this book about eck masters. . . .

        Welcome to the site!

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "ringing_radience"

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2008
          Hi Mish and All,
          I liked your post! I think that Marman's real
          motives for doing what he's doing stems from
          ego. He likes to talk and talk and talk. He seems
          to need the attention (and money).

          Marman talks about Twitchell's distortions (lies)
          and even of how PT substituted fictional characters
          and names for real people, but explains this away
          as being some sort of "paradox!" LOL! However,
          a Lie is still a Lie! Apparently, "outer" lies justify
          the "higher" message. But Twitchell lied about
          that as well!

          By Any Means Necessary is not the foundation
          by which to build trust or an organization, but
          it does seem to fit perfectly with the philosophy
          that other religions and governments tend to
          practice continuously! Therefore, Twitchell's and
          Klemp's Eckankar Church is in good company!

          Doug doesn't understand that the "inner"
          imaginations and "spiritual" experiences
          and "miracles" of other people in other
          religions, outside of Eckankar, are even more
          valid than those "experiences" that members
          of Eckankar have! There are far more and
          far greater "spiritual" experiences and
          "inspiration" Outside of Eckankar than Inside
          of Eckankar!

          For example: Rumi was Not an ECKist regardless
          of what the liars claim! Besides, as I've stated before...
          Klemp talks out of both sides of his mouth
          when he promotes Rumi to ECKists while putting
          down Rumi's religion (i.e. beliefs and inspiration)
          as being from a 2nd or 4th Plane God who Klemp,
          as well as, PT's EK Dogma claims is KAL or SATAN!

          Just look at HK's comments in his "Autobiography
          of a Modern Prophet" on page 385. Also, look
          at the index in the Shariyat (EK's Holy Book) for
          "Satan" and you will discover that this is another
          name for Kal.

          Klemp (Marman & Eckankar) see the "God" that
          all other religions worship as being a 2nd or 4th
          Plane God who is also known as Kal and Satan!
          Whereas, Klemp (the walking talking and real God)
          claims to reside on all planes up to and including
          the 14th Plane... and even higher! Amazing... No,
          not really... it's an obvious lie! Klemp is more like
          a second class Pope, or a Billy Graham poser!

          Really! Klemp can't even heal his loyal followers of
          cancer! 4th Plane Jesus would be able to!

          The proof is in the pudding! This seems to be
          a blind spot for all ECKists, especially, Marman!
          And, reality requires more than just a vivid imagination,
          and positive thinking. Being in denial of Truth is
          the real sickness!

          What it really comes down to is Don't Trust Anyone
          to tell you about God or Spirit or Soul... trust yourself!

          If you can't trust yourself (yet) just don't buy into the
          whole load of what others are telling you. Take what
          you need or works for you the individual Soul at this
          time. Unfortunately, most ECKists will claim to use this
          method, as well, but they delude themselves. They
          need to pay that annual membership "donation" in
          order to still be eligible for those coveted initiations
          and they "need" to be co-dependent upon a middleman/
          Mahanta for their "spiritual" validation to exist!

          Klemp teaches ECKists to become powerless and unable
          to take responsibility for their own actions. The chela gives
          all power over to the "Inner Master" (Klemp) and thereby
          denies their own. EK chelas and H.I.s should have an end
          goal in mind for this lifetime. This should lead to Self-Mastery
          absent of religion, religious leaders and middlemen!

          It's a real Catch-22 ploy but those like Klemp, as well
          as his underlings, will use various tactics to twist the
          truth in order to manipulate those fearful, gullible and
          trusting. Once one has elevated another to a pedestal
          to be admired it usually takes a real shock or revelation
          to show one the Truth. Until that happens one can only
          point out the similarities of Eckankar to other religious
          frauds! ECKists need to think back to their real spiritual
          goals before joining Eckankar... it didn't have anything
          to do with initiation numbers!

          Prometheus

          mishmisha wrote:

> [...]
          > > > has time and money and friendships invested, and because
          > > > he has an EK following! This is how Ford Johnson should
          > > > have handled things (and used the Internet) while creating
          > > > a power base for himself within the EK org. and before
          > > > breaking all ties with Klemp and Company!
          > > >
          > > > If you want to read current views held by Marman
          > > > then just visit (GOOGLE) the A.R.E. site.
          > > >
          > > > Prometheus
          > > >
          > > > ringing_radience wrote:
          > > > >
          > > > Hello everyone,
          > > > >
          > > > This my first post.
          > > > >
          > > > Has anyone read either of these two newer books
          > > > by Doug Marman? Does anyone know what Doug's
          > > > current stance is on Eckankar, or how Harold
          > > > and Eckankar view Doug Marman and these latest
          > > > writings of his? I stumbled onto Doug's web site
          > > > while doing some research.
          > > > >
          > > > If you are not familiar with these books, you can read

        • Leanne Thompson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3, 2008

            I read somewhere that there couldn't be any women eck masters (something to do with energies. I think ego.) ANd now they are comming up with kata daki. And Joan Klemps role(maybe they roll in bed). Funny how they are changing their tune now. Whatever happened to Grahm ???? who was kicked out and ford johnson had him write his experiences in a book?

            Leanne

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2008
              Hi, Leanne!

              I believe it serves Klemp's purpose to bring out the
              female eck masters since it will allow him to place Joan
              in a position of authority beside him, like co-L.E.M.
              After reading his book "Those Wonderful ECK Masters,"
              it seems that Klemp is inserting the idea in a somewhat
              subtle way that Joan would be elevated to eck master.
              However, for the slow learning chela, when reflecting
              back to this book, it is obvious that Joan had already
              become an eck master, just like Kata Daki. Klemp spins
              Joan into some of the stories showing how she is acting
              like an eck master--well, the book is interesting to read
              when you look for this subtle slight of hand that Klemp
              is doing regarding Joan.

              Klemp is looking at his age and energy in staying at the
              helm of the eck org. He had asserted at one time that he
              would hold the leadership position 10 to 20 years, but he
              has well exceeded it now. And it doesn't look like he is anytime
              soon ready to step down.

              In "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," pages 235-236, Klemp
              addresses how long he would serve as L.E.M and if any initiates
              were in training. He wrote: ". . . a few initiates were indeed
              in training for leadership in ECK, but no one was ready yet
              to assume the responsibility. It might take several years or
              many more for the first one to complete all the tests. Accordingly,
              the Master would continue for another cycle as the Mahanta,
              the Living ECK Master."

              So, H.I.'s and the power players like Peter Skelsky still have
              a long wait to become the next chosen one. Quite a contrast
              to how long Klemp waited! LOL! But Klemp is still holding on
              to the power and seems intent not to let go--and the "another
              cycle" would be how long, 12 years?

              Klemp needs Joan though because he can't trust sharing the
              limelight with anyone else. He most likely fears that he might
              suffer the same fate as Darwin--he might have done unto him
              what he did to Gross! : )

              Klemp paves the way for Joan becoming a female eck master
              by giving Kata Daki the same attention he does to the other
              eck masters in "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," by devoting
              a chapter to each, including a chapter for this female eck master.
              Klemp explains that now is the time for the female masters to
              appear with this explanation on page 63:

              "Before we get too far along, we need to say a word about
              the female members of the Vairagi Order. There are precious
              few of them in relation to the number of males, and it is for
              a good reason. In past ages, and sometimes even today, it
              was easier for a male to move about in harsh societies and
              environments. So a Soul that had earned the right to incarnate
              into a lifetime devoted to the quest for Mastership often chose
              a male body. It was simply easier to get around in. That is not
              to say the individual's quest for truth was easier. It was not. . . . "

              Note that nothing is mentioned here about the Masculine Principle
              that was taught in the earlier eck teachings as a prerequisite
              in becoming an eck master, or that Vairagi Adepts are only 'just
              men.' Klemp is opening the door for female leadership, but of
              course, that would be Joan and only Joan. He might even have
              reflected back on the messy position in choosing PT's predecessor,
              as to how much easier it would have been if Gail had had some
              official authority as an eck master instead of using a dream
              by a lover and future wife of Darwin Gross as justification! This
              brought into question the authority and validity of Gross as LEM
              and his authority to pass his title and powers on to Klemp.

              So, bringing out female eck masters today fits in with the
              continuing conning of the chelas--Klemp is revising the teachings
              to suit his specific purposes. He needs Joan to have some legitimate
              power in order to help him hold onto the reins of the eck org.

              Role and rolling, very funny! : )

              Mish

              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Leanne Thompson

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 4, 2008
                I think Mish explained Klemp's slight of hand tactics
                rather well! Yes, in 2005 when Those Wonderful EK
                Masters was written Klemp talked about being around
                for another (12 year) cycle. Therefore, Klemp is planning
                to stay for Three 12 year cycles, or 36 years. So, HK's
                reign is to be from 1981-2017! Or, would that be 2018!
                Klemp was 39 years old (1942) when DG made him the
                LEM. Klemp is 66 years old now, as is, his first wife and
                8th initiate Marge. I think Gail (who "made" Darwin) is
                67 years old and Joan is still 65. Anyway, Klemp doesn't
                want to let go of all his powers (as Mahanta) until he is
                75 or 76 years old! This is Why HK needs Joan to help
                him with the running of the org.

                Therefore, Klemp needs to pave the way for Joan becoming
                the next LEM or Co-LEM. For Klemp to say that there is
                no one ready after 27 years is a lie! Besides, some of these
                ECKists have been members as long as he has, thus, they
                have been "in training" for 40 years! Anyway, this is why
                Klemp is placing Joan on the same level with Kata Daki (KD).
                Even Kata Daki is a fake EK Master and was created 9 years
                after Twitchell's sister's (Kay-Dee) death. Anyway, this is
                what the older H.I.s have to look forward to. Eventually,
                (by 2017 or 2018) someone, Marge and Harold's daughter's
                age, will become the next Emperor of Eckankar.

                On another note:
                As far as when Twitchell first created and spoke of Rebazar?
                I think PT probably created RT around 1955. This was when
                Kirpal Singh first came to the U.S. and this was when Twitchell
                was initiated by Kirpal. PT had been writing fiction, plagiarizing,
                exaggerating (to extremes at times) and using name and word
                substitution in his articles from almost day one! IMO Twit simply
                used Kirpal's status and example and Ruhani Satsang dogma
                to form the basis for his fictional character of (master) Rebazar
                Tarzs.

                Prometheus

                Leanne wrote:
                I read somewhere that there couldn't be any women
                eck masters (something to do with energies. I think ego .)
                ANd now they are comming up with kata daki. And Joan
                Klemps role (maybe they roll in bed). Funny how they
                are changing their tune now. Whatever happened to Grahm ????
                who was kicked out and ford johnson had him write his
                experiences in a book?

                Mish wrote:
                [snip]
                "Note that nothing is mentioned here about the Masculine Principle
                that was taught in the earlier eck teachings as a prerequisite
                to becoming an eck master, or that Vairagi Adepts are only 'just
                men.' Klemp is opening the door for female leadership, but of
                course, that would be Joan and only Joan. He might even have
                reflected back on the messy position in choosing PT's successor,
                as to how much easier it would have been if Gail had had some
                official authority as an eck master instead of using a dream
                by a lover and future wife of Darwin Gross as justification! This
                brought into question the authority and validity of Gross as LEM
                and his authority to pass his title and powers on to Klemp."

                Etznab wrote:
                "Doing research about Eckankar
                history for educational purposes
                I am attempting to clarify some
                dates.

                Primarily, When did Paul and
                Gail get married? (I assume 1964,
                but not certain of day and month)
                And, when did Rebazar Tarzs first
                appear in print.

                I'd asked "these" questions on
                A.R.E., but so far no response.

                Do you have the date someplace
                in your archives for when Paul and
                Gail were married? Want to hazard
                a guess when the name Rebazar Tarzs
                first appeared in print?"
              • Leanne Thompson
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 4, 2008

                  Will klemp collect social security as a man or eck master?