Re: HI Initiate books

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hi Leanne,
      Welcome to the site! Perhaps you could have
      an H.I. friend scan and email or snail mail you
      the info you are seeking. Or, you could have
      an H.I. friend buy and mail you the H.I. books
      you want to read.

      I don't have any. I pitched them out! Anyhow,
      those EK H.I. books are highly overrated! Really!
      There's nothing of a "spiritual" nature, or of a
      "higher" consciousness found in any of the EK
      books, especially, those coming from Klemp!

      IMO- There are books everywhere that will help
      a person up to a certain point, (with pieces to
      their puzzle), but eventually comes the time when
      one writes/lives their own "inner" book of wisdom.

      Back to the topic-
      You might want to read the various H.I. Letter
      excerpts, here, in the archives. These will give
      you an overview of Klemp's consciousness, and
      of his mindset that carry over to the H.I. Books.

      Although, reading about HK's past USAF experience
      and his ego driven spin of his fantastic ping-pong
      matches and his judgmental remarks would do this
      as well! It's true that HK wasn't the LEM when those
      events happened, but he WAS when he wrote about
      those matches and his thoughts in his Autobiography.
      It should be pointed out that Klemp never apologizes
      for his past (youthful) arrogance or of his negative
      judgments and opinions of others!

      Anyway, at one time I too was curious and thought
      that there were untold Jewels of Wisdom within the
      pages of those H.I. Books! There wasn't! This is EK
      brain-washing! People tend to want what they can't
      have.

      Actually, I was given permission and told that I could
      read all of the H.I. Books available "before" I became
      an H.I., and was loaned all of them to read! It was
      disappointing for a spiritual seeker, but interesting
      for one needing to climb the initiation ladder.

      Anyway, I really don't know how else one would
      go about this quest, unless, former H.I.s are selling
      these H.I. books on Ebay.

      If you want to read some regional chela pages
      or print off the latest H.I. Guidelines then I'll
      repost those current "user names" and "passwords"
      for you.

      The H.I. Guidelines (H.I.G.) are updated from time-
      to-time, whereas, some H.I. Books are of an older
      "Twitchell" philosophy and past consciousness. The
      H.I.G. are by Klemp and Company and give more details
      and specifics (concerning leadership methods and
      behaviour) than the H.I. books do.

      The H.I. Leadership books are mainly used to brainwash
      (inspire) via leadership/group philosophy. The Guidelines
      use specific "field-tested" and "approved" techniques.

      This is for ECKANKAR.org MEMBERS ONLY Site Entry:

      [From June 2008 The Mystic World]

      user name-june2008
      password-eck

      ***For H.I. Only Info:

      [From The H.I. Letter]

      user name-june2008
      password-corner

      BTW- This is The Year of BLESSING

      le_anne_thompson wrote:

      Where can I get the HI books and read/look
      through them without eckankar knowing?

      THnks
      Leanne
    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hi Leanne -

        I remember way, way back when I couldn't wait to get my 2nd initiation so I could read "Be The Hu"!! At the time, it didn't really bother me when it turned out I'd already read some of what I found in BTH.

        My eckstuff has been in storage the last few years, but when I'm set up again I plan to scan & make available those little "HI" booklets like the initiator's manual.

        The "HI ONLY" books are just like the "lowbie" books - insipid, boring, worthless, often repeating the exact same material and stories you'll find published in the "lowbie" books. Ditto with the "HI" discourses. They're all *very* underwhelming!!

        Laughing here, back when I was a true-blue eckie, I was very serious about keeping discourse material confidential as we were instructed to - but I noticed that quite often, the discourses contained material and stories that were also published in the "public" books. I asked the HIs about this, because I didn't want to break any <snicker> spiritual laws, so what were we supposed to do? No way could I possibly remember exactly where I'd read something I might want to share with a potential new member!!

        As Prometheus suggested, watch Ebay - just recently someone was selling off discourses. Somewhere, you can put yourself on a list for auctions relating to "eckankar" and get email notification. A few years back, I don't remember exactly where, may have been Amazon, I was surprised to see a lot of used "HI" materials being sold by a private individual. I've also come across HI books on various used book websites. You just have to shop around. Maybe if you do a Google search for specific titles, you might get some results - unfortunately, just searching for "eckankar" at used book sites ends up with thousands of individual listings for what I call the "newbie freebie book" which I believe you can download at the eckorg website. When I was a member, we were told to buy this little book and hand it out free, and leave it in public places, etc. Have to laugh, it reminded me of how Avon & many other direct-sales & multi-level-marketing companies make a
        big profit charging sales reps for catalogs & other promotional material.

        If I happen to come across any HI books on the internet, I'll do my best to let you know!

        Hugs,

        Sharon

> [...]
        > "Twitchell" philosophy and past consciousness.
        > The
        > H.I.G. are by Klemp and Company and give more details
        > and specifics (concerning leadership methods and
        > behaviour) than the H.I. books do.
        >
        > The H.I. Leadership books are mainly used to brainwash
        > (inspire) via leadership/group philosophy. The Guidelines
        > use specific "field-tested" and
        > "approved" techniques.

        > This is for ECKANKAR.org MEMBERS ONLY Site Entry:
        >
        > [From June 2008 The Mystic World]
        >
        > user name-june2008
        > password-eck
        >

        > ***For H.I. Only Info:
        >
        > [From The H.I. Letter]
        >
        > user name-june2008
        > password-corner
        >
        > BTW- This is The Year of BLESSING
        >

        > le_anne_thompson wrote:
        > >
        > Where can I get the HI books and read/look

      • Leanne Thompson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2008

          Thanks so much. Maybe I can buy lip BOMB and send it to the eckorg. Can one get there money back from them now that they are not the real macoy? It would be interesting also to see how they manage when harold gets old and cant function anymore.

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2008

            If you want to read some regional chela pages
            or print off the latest H.I. Guidelines then I'll
            repost those current "user names" and "passwords"
            for you.  YESSSSSS PLEASE DO PSOT THEM EVERY MONTH OR WHEN THEY COME OUT. (I am not yelling just want to say how excited I am. Like a kid in a comic book store)

            One question(i will try to limit it to one). Any other spiritual groups out there that are better than eckankar without the brainwashing? I was thinking of rhodshami, zen, hata yoga,kabbalah?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008

              Thank you for those passwords. Do you also get the passwords to the talks to listen and criticize for free?

              Thanks

              Leanne

              PS

              I think one would probably be better off looking into radoshami or sudar singh since eck copied from them.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
                I really don't know and probably no one
                will ever know when Twit first dreamed
                up and wrote about Rebazar... except for
                maybe Gail.

                PT probably included RT in one of those
                early Orion articles. However, the date
                doesn't really matter in the grand scheme
                of things. One can't nail down every tidbit
                of history.

                Afterall, Rebazar is a fictional character
                ... all EK Masters are fictional! RT was
                based upon PT's real master Kirpal Singh,
                but Kirpal was no more special than you
                or me and neither is Klemp!

                Therefore, the origins of Eckankar which
                is Sant Mat, Radhasoami, and Ruhani Satsang
                is crap as well! LEMs, Popes, and World
                Leaders are just opportunists who have
                a following with their own special interests.
                They, also, have been in the right place
                at the right time, and someone had to fill
                the vacant position! Look at how Klemp
                positioned himself at the ESC with Darwin!
                Positioning oneself opens the doors of
                opportunity, and for those working and
                manipulating behind the scenes... the
                dumber the better! HK and GW have a lot
                in common!

                Prometheus
                PS- No I don't get to listen to EK talks for free,
                but if you still have some EK friends you could,
                maybe, go to their house to listen to the next
                broadcast with them. Some ECKists get together
                "officially" and "unofficially" in order to save money
                (or to collect donations) and to discuss the talk
                afterwards. Go to an "unofficial" broadcast...
                these are more fun! Still, one would need to be
                careful not to criticize Klemp's idiotic remarks
                openly/directly. This is when one needs to "surrender"
                their honesty. This is, also, when the "Law of Silence"
                works in Klemp's favor... again!

                Etznab wrote:
                The question was: "And, when did
                Rebazar Tarzs first appear in print."