Re: EK Contemplations Can Cause Problems Too!

    Message 1 of 8 , May 10, 2008
      Hi, All!

      I found Liz's reply to the question if Eck Spiritual Aides received
      any special training intriquing:

      "Prometheus wrote:

      Liz, as an ECK Spiritual Aid (ESA) did you have any special
      training, or see any updates to inform or instruct you on
      how to handle and talk to chelas having "special" problems
      contemplating due to their meds or involving Depression,
      schizophrenia, or Bi-polar disorder?

      I know that other ECK Leaders were never instructed on
      how to approach these problems and usually chelas were
      referred to ESAs when they had "special" problems."

      Liz replied:
      ".... NOPE, no special training! In fact it wasn't until a few
      years after I was an ESA did they change their approach to
      handling these type of issues, by saying if we couldn't handle
      the chela's problem then refer them to a doctor or counselor.
      It was due to HK not wanting any legal problems, leaving
      Klempankar liable for law suits. "

      It seems to me that HK telling his ESAs to refer such cases
      to a doctor only protects him and his org. What about the ESA
      who is not trained but yet is left to make a judgment call?
      Is HK and eckankar going to protect the Eck Spiritual Aides
      from lawsuits? Doesn't sound like it since he didn't implement
      any special training for them--just gave the ESAs the title and
      license to decide a chela's fate regarding professional help
      if needed. If anyone would attempt a lawsuit for a special
      session gone bad, HK would have said that his ESAs were
      instructed to refer such cases to a doctor--his hands are
      clean!

      Seriously, ESAs need to consider the possible repercussions
      that their sessions with troubled chelas just might befall
      them. They need to realize that HK is not going to protect
      them in a lawsuit--he has only covered his butt! I don't
      think aspiring to be an ESA is sensible in eckankar . . . and
      those who are really should think about this and give up
      the position!! They are putting themselves at risk! And
      why? To continue to climb up that eck hierarchy, to be
      important and to find favor with the delusional, selfish
      and uncaring Klemp--frankly, Klemp doesn't give a damn
      as to what happens to any of his followers, including his
      special ESAs! It's all about him and only him . . . well, maybe,
      he does care a little bit about Joanie baby as she feeds his
      hungry ego the most!

      Bottom line, ESAs should seek professional help so they
      can understand why what they are doing is dangerous to
      themselves and others!

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <ewickings@...>
      wrote:

      > Jivat wrote:
      >
      > Along the same lines, I would add that the unwritten Eck guidelines on
      > how to assess the validity of inner guidance are dangerous too. Any
      > inner experience that fits the Eck dogmas is ok, while all the others
      > are from the Kal. It makes you at risk to:
      >
      > 1) Take illusions for granted just because they fit the Eck Dogmas.
      > 2) Discard true inner insights that contradict the Eck dogmas.
      >

      > .... How did that work for Graham when he had valid inner eck experiences
      > that he was to become the next LEM? One can not always guarantee just
      > because an inner experience fits the eck dogma, it is valid! HK is suppose
      > to protect his chela's from those kal experiences isn't he? So why then
      > didn't he protect Graham.....
      >

      > Prometheus wrote:
      >
      > Liz, as an ECK Spiritual Aid (ESA) did you have any special training, or see
      > any updates to inform or instruct you on how to handle and talk to chelas
      > having "special" problems contemplating due to their meds or involving
      > Depression, schizophrenia, or Bi-polar disorder?
      >
      > I know that other ECK Leaders were never instructed on how to approach these
      > problems and usually chelas were referred to ESAs when they had "special"
      > problems.
      >

      > .... NOPE, no special training! In fact it wasn't until a few years after I
      > was an ESA did they change their approach to handling these type of issues,
      > by saying if we couldn't handle the chela's problem then refer them to a
      > doctor or counselor. It was due to HK not wanting any legal problems,
      > leaving Klempankar liable for law suits.
      >
      > Take it on the inner, write to the LEM, or turning it over to the Mahanta
      > was the first line of action if we couldn't help them. I have a perfect
      > example of how brainwashed the chela's STILL are to this day concerning "the
      > LEM / Mahanta's" protection and turning it all over to the Eck....
      >
      > My mother has a rare disease that requires medical attention. Around 1993
      > she nearly died waiting for an answer to be shown to her on the inner
      > whether she soul take the medical advise of a doctor..... I had to rush an
      > overnight letter to the Godman of the Entire Universe to see if he would
      > give her the inner answer she so desperately needed! She was no stranger
      > to the ESC or it's staff..... Did the Godman of the Entire Universe call or
      > visit her on the inner to tell her if she should listen to her doctor? Nope
      > no phone calls, no blue light special, nothing! So she got her answer the
      > only way her family and doctor knew how, told her if she waited for that
      > validation from the Godman, that wasn't coming, she would be dead by
      > morning!
      >
      > Anyway, I could go on and on about how this cult has messed up the reasonable
      thinking processes of my family members that are still in this destructive cult. To this day
      they still rely on the Godman of the Entire Universe and his protection, no matter what a
      medical doctor or counselor tells them!