Re: Max Freedom Long Links

  • jivatmananda
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2008
      I find all these researchs about plagiarism quite relevant, but I
      don't think plagiarism in itself is THE major issue with Eckankar. All
      religions have done plagiarism in one way or another and Paul Twichell
      just did it in the most blatant way.

      In my opinion, they are however two plagiarism issues that are more
      serious:

      1) Harry's theory of the "astral library" when there is unquestionable
      evidence that Paul Twitchell "physically" plagiarized various authors.

      2) Paul Twitchell pretending he got the Sharyiat straight from heaven
      when key information about the initiations was obviously plagiarized
      from Adler.

      These two issues are not just plagiarism, they are frauds.

      Jivat

      <ewickings@...> wrote:

      > I found one of the posts on this subject with links, many
      similarities and
      > many more in the books!

      > While researching Letters To Gail 3, I came across one of the letters by
      > Paul Twitchell titled "Mathematics and Word Symbols", April 15, 1964
      >
      > In this letter he references a book titled "The Secret Science Behind
      > Miracles" by Max Freedom Long. I did a search on Max Freeman Long
      and the
      > book he wrote. What I discovered was this:
      >
      > This was the beginning of Max Freedom Long's research into the Huna
      > tradition of the ancient Polynesians, the science used by the early
      > Polynesians for healing, changing the future for the better, control of
      > winds and weather, etc. His work not only resulted in The Secret
      Science